Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Earthbound / Mother series fans?

Mothra

Anypony here played any of the mother series? I imagine Earthbound would be more plausible, seeing as it's the only one of the series to have an official release outside of Japan. I picked it up i while back on the Wii U, and my god it was fun. The gameplay, the story, the music,the dialogue and comedy, it was all perfect. Right now I'm playing through Mother 3, though I haven't made it far by any means.

Anywho, Anypony else here have any experience in the games? Or have any interest in playing them?

P.S: I checked if this was already a thread, couldn't find one. Will delete immediately if it already exists.

• Brohoof 2

The first one looks a bit bland to me, though that's comparing it to the ones that came after it, I still might play it someday. Are you gonna play the fan-made Mother 4 when it comes out?

I've only played and completed EarthBound so far (beaten it yesterday, in fact, and I love the ending for it); not sure how I can get to play Mother 3 though, unfortunately. =/ And I still need to prepare for the feels from it too... ;~; The first Mother game doesn't seem like it'd appeal to me too much, but Mother 4 is something I'm hoping to get into straight away~ ^_^

Also, I have the weirdest Pokey Means Business addiction... x3

Earthbound/Mother is one of my top 5 Nintendo franchises along with Mario Pokémon, Animal Crossing, and Kirby. I beat Earthbound on Wii U and it was awesome. But Mother 3 was just magic and beautiful and my favorite game in the series. The way I completed Mother 3 was I was playing the translated rom on a GBA flashcart on my DS Lite. However I plan to import the japanese version and get the Mother 3 handbook. It seems like if you have that handbook, you can easily play through the japanese version without understanding the language. I mean I already have it on a flashcart but I want to get a legit copy of it and the handbook from Fangamer.

Only really played Mother 3, almost broke down 

I have Earthbound on the VC, but I never got far in it