Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pony play Tabletop Game? (D&D / 40k / Warmachine / Other)

Platium Red Tail

(edited)

So any Pony play a Tabletop game ... more or less a game that uses miniatures and models that you play with ?

So what do you Play?

Why I ask (You don't have to read this) 

Will I play / Warhammer 40k (Imperial Guard) / Warhammer fantasy (Empire) / D&D (with pony models) / Path Finder /Flames of War (soviets) / BoltAction (USA) / Star wars X-Wing / Mars Attacks / All is quiet on the martian front (USA) and Allies And Axis (with different models) and I own lots of models .. .... .forever alone ... ... .. ..

As you can see I play A LOT of table top games and I have such a surplus of models I trying to make my own game and try to put it on kick-starter and I just want to see how many pony play table top games.  

PS: The game is a mix of Warhammer and D&D with MLP Models.     

Edited by Platium Red Tail
  • Brohoof 2

So far I have only played World of Darkness(mages), Pathfinder, D&D 3.5e, 4e, 5e. Haven't done warhammer.

Also a starting DM, so far my friends like my DM style especially since I personally create my campaigns

• Brohoof 2

Me and my group are pretty nooby at d&d 5e. :squee:  I'm also DMing in a few days, so thats fun. ;)

I would totally support a pony tabletop game! Now if only i had friends that would play with me :(

• Brohoof 1

Me and my group are pretty nooby at d&d 5e. :squee:  I'm also DMing in a few days, so thats fun. ;)

I would totally support a pony tabletop game! Now if only i had friends that would play with me :(

If you want some advice on DMing i got a decent system worked out :P... that is if you're new to it :P

• Brohoof 1

I have been in table top gaming for decades, and currently I play:

Dnd 3.5e and 5e

Pathfinder

Warhammer 40k (Tau and Eldar)

Warhammer Fantasy (Empire)

X-Wing Miniatures

Axis and Allies

Settlers of Catan

Eclipse

Firefly

Twilight Imperium

and a whole bunch of other games.  Hard to find both the players and the time to get together though.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

If you want some advice on DMing i got a decent system worked out :P... that is if you're new to it :P

Sure! :lol:

I have listened to a lot of drunks and dragons, so i have the basics, and i have kind of a story written, but im unsure if i have enough, or the right enemies. I also have not played a session yet c:

EDIT : That was a lot of commas :|

Edited by Lee

I mostly play Tabletop games with my brother, he has a pretty decent collection.

Smallworld

Quarriors

Dice Masters

Batman: Gotham City Strategy Games

Those are some of the more recent ones that we have played, if those count.

As for collectible games. the MLP card game and Heroclix. I was pretty big on collecting Heroclix figures for a short while, got a good collection, but I have not bought anything new of it in a long time. 

• Brohoof 1

I've played Shadowrun, GURPS, and new World of Darkness, but mostly pathfinder.

Of course, I've been doing this with my best friends, who just so happen to be a bunch of good-for-nothing min-maxing, optimizing, munchkins. (not that I'm any better :P)

Now that I've taken over as DM, I'm trying to help them roleplay, as opposed to rollplay.

• Brohoof 2

So far I have only played World of Darkness(mages), Pathfinder, D&D 3.5e, 4e, 5e. Haven't done warhammer.

Also a starting DM, so far my friends like my DM style especially since I personally create my campaigns

Nice 3.5 is the best !!! nice too see that you want to DM. I am DM myself and I have done 3 full campaigns and its not so hard to be DM if you just get a base line on what yo want to do and roll with it.

If you want to DM I recommend( D&D Stronghold Builder Guide Book ) it fun for player to get resources and build a town or stronghold and people with magic get to use it more for good (and just to kill) and you can make it how ever you want and some time you can make the adventure come to them.  

PS (The book is 3e so you need to look up the 3.5 rules or make it up (but be fair).

Thanks and Nice to see your DM with your group and if 5e is not your cup of tea 3.5 you can never go wrong and about the whole friend thing I with you bro.   

PS:Thanks It been like 5 week sine I posted this and no pony relied so I thought no one cared... So thanks 

I have been in table top gaming for decades, and currently I play:

Dnd 3.5e and 5e

Pathfinder

Warhammer 40k (Tau and Eldar)

Warhammer Fantasy (Empire)

X-Wing Miniatures

Axis and Allies

Settlers of Catan

Eclipse

Firefly

Twilight Imperium

and a whole bunch of other games.  Hard to find both the players and the time to get together though.

Nice too see some one like me.

I like that you got pretty much all the same games I got and some. I got a friend i got that plays Tau and sine I am Imperial Guard we just sit in the coroner and camp. Empire you can never go wrong. Settlers nice I got a wooden custom made from and its bad a**  and D&D 3.5 is alpha race.

Look at me just going on about games so in short ya nice too see some pony like me and I with you bro no pony never wants to play.        

• Brohoof 2

I've played Shadowrun, GURPS, and new World of Darkness, but mostly pathfinder.

Of course, I've been doing this with my best friends, who just so happen to be a bunch of good-for-nothing min-maxing, optimizing, munchkins. (not that I'm any better :P)

Now that I've taken over as DM, I'm trying to help them roleplay, as opposed to rollplay.

HA nice trust me it takes some work to get them to roll play and to be true i cant get them too .so in my play-thought  I am in it (in some way or NPC) to say what they could do from a list of thing and they most of the time pick one and some they make it up one. But it works and keeps the game going.... most of the time.. ... and nice to meet some pony that likes D&D!!! 

I've played Roleplaying is Magic, and lots of board games...but never played any of the big ones

You should try it like D&D 3.5e or Pathfinder there good fun and there always good for ideas for MLP storys.

PS: You should PDF those book and see if you like what you see.   

Well, I'm playing RiM because I'm not set to play a more complicated game like d&d yet, and I'm not much for reading a huge book just to figure out how to play...

Not exactly, but I have a small interest in these types of games. However,sometimes I play some sports simulation tabletop game..and they are not exactly the kind of games that you refer in this topic

However if you can suggest me some nice solitaire games (even better if with a horror setting) ..go ahead ..

• Brohoof 1

Well I know a game you might like or at something to google ( Betrayal at house on the hill ) this is a games that a lot like (Clue) and it has a fell like ( resident evil and silent hill  ). This is that game that you see on TV where a group of people are invited up to a mansion on a stormy night and the Host wants to kill you in some fun ways. Now I up to you and group to find way out or stop him or her and the host is one of you and you might not find it out till it to late! 

It a fun game that take skills and creativity to stay alive and once you know the rules. It use cards as the player skill and HP are listed and tiles to show how the board look and using tiles means that no 2 game are the same so it always different.

So this may not be kind of what you wanted but you should look it up on YouTube to see people playing it a good game if you want to get into tabletop games and there a lots of horror game so I hope you give it a look.     

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I love tabletop games, especially after watching Will Weaton's Tabletop series...but I know like almost no one to play them with,  :(  

Though I was part of a Pathfinder campaign for a while before the group ended up breaking up. Ah...those were fun times. 

Edited by PoisonClaw

I love tabletop games, especially after watching Will Weaton's Tabletop series...but I know like almost no one to play them with,  :(  

Though I was part of a Pathfinder campaign for a while before the group ended up breaking up. Ah...those were fun times. 

Well join the club of all of us pony with no pony to play the games with.... will its at lest good that you had some to play with.

Well I know a game you might like or at something to google ( Betrayal at house on the hill ) this is a games that a lot like (Clue) and it has a fell like ( resident evil and silent hill  ).

This is a fun game.  I had the opportunity to become a zombie lord one game and had all the other players devoured by my army of zombies. 

• Brohoof 1

Off the top of my head I've played:

• WH40K
  • WFRP
  • Runequest (Probably my favorite)
  • DND3.5
  • Pathfinder
  • Fallout Equestria PNP
  • Star Wars EotE
  • GURPS (Homebrews)
  • SPECIAL (Fallout system RP)
  • Traveller

I'm also planning to GM a Shadowrun campaign when I get the chance.

(Oddly enough, I've found the FoE:PNP and SPECIAL systems work really well for play-by-posts)

• Brohoof 1

Off the top of my head I've played:

• WH40K
  • WFRP
  • Runequest (Probably my favorite)
  • DND3.5
  • Pathfinder
  • Fallout Equestria PNP
  • Star Wars EotE
  • GURPS (Homebrews)
  • SPECIAL (Fallout system RP)
  • Traveller

I'm also planning to GM a Shadowrun campaign when I get the chance.

(Oddly enough, I've found the FoE:PNP and SPECIAL systems work really well for play-by-posts)

Nice... I tried long ago to run a fallout campaign but not of knew how hard a real wasteland could be and within like 2 day they all died and we retried like 7 time and them we where like F it. So I hope your goes mush better than I did. 

• 2 weeks later...

I play Warhammer 40k and I'm a pretty devoted fan. Can tell you alot about the lore. Have a rather large Chaos Space Marine army and a smaller Tau one. Taking my Tau out for the first time, I have a small device in my commander's battlesuit that I call the 'Allahu Akbar Device' for reasons.(If he dies in an assault he blows up) For the Greater Good and PRAISE SLAANESH!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

I used to play 40K 'Nids. But they nerfed them and I couldn't afford to make them work. So much money. So now im just DnD and boardgames, contemplating getting war machine/hordes. :)

Edited by Pixie Doodle

(edited)
I used to play 40K 'Nids. But they nerfed them and I couldn't afford to make them work. So much money. So now im just DnD and boardgames, contemplating getting war machine/hordes.

Most Tyranid players I know haven't been happy with their army since 4th edition.  Actually, I wasn't very happy with the direction they to Tau in the last codex, it made the army stronger by it also kind of Flanderized them, all the battlesuits are stand out units as are the kroot but a large chunk of the army feels lackluster now, especially a lot of the vehicles and the aircraft.

Edited by Twilight Dirac

Most Tyranid players I know haven't been happy with there army since 4th edition.  Actually, I wasn't very happy with the direction they to Tau in the last codex, it made the army stronger by it also kind of Flanderized them, all the battlesuits are stand out units as are the kroot but a large chunk of the army feels lackluster now, especially a lot of the vehicles and the aircraft.

My army used to be a Genestealer army with infiltration and stuff.. That did kinda bomb after the new addition..

I piss putting the figures together and painting them. Pretty much the only part I miss. :/