Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Fallout 4 speculations and discussion.

Flutter's lover <3

What are you guys hoping to see or expect, in the recently announced Fallout 4?

I imagine them implementing a few elements from Skyrim...Since, as I heard, they're using a version of the Skyrim engine.

~Customizable/moddable weapons (new Vegas style perhaps? or even more in depth)
~Armour stands similar to the armour mannequins in Skyrim, to display it.
~Wall space/fixtures to display weaponry, and other items. Again like in Skyrim
~Craftable power Armour from scrap materials. (Tin cans, Iron ingots?)
~Return of Collectible Bobbleheads (new Vegas didn't have them, though they had Snow globes)
~Home base station maybe.
~Fully customizable Power armour, like, different leg sets/chest pieces and separate gloves/gauntlets. Each having varying abilities. Perhaps customizable with armour shaders to change the colours of it. Abilities like +2 reload for gloves and increased grenade throw distance, leg armour or boots that increase agility/ walking speed. Less weapon recoil...etc. (more RPG like)

~Return of Dogmeat
~Return of Three Dog
~New Weapons
~Vehicles? (like Vertibirds)
~ Weather effects
~New Factions
~More advanced tech

here's said trailer, if you haven't watched it.

I'm so stoked for this game...far more than I was for GTA V coming to PC. :squee:  :blush:

• Brohoof 3

I expect it to be easier and have less depth than 3 and NV. Any difficulty will be purely artificial.

It will suck without mods. In fact, if it continues the downward trend, judging by where Skyrim was, it will be unplayably bad without mods.

It will also have paid mods, meaning you'll have to pay even more than what I expect will be a $60 price tag. It will be the first Bethesda game since Morrowind that doesn't have huge modding community. Bethesda might even take a more active role in setting prices, and appropriate user mods, repackaging them as official DLC and charging out the ass. This will result in widespread mod piracy, and Bethesda, not willing to simply end paid modding and losing money, will instead create more and more restrictive DRM. Modding as a whole will decline rapidly as new Bethesda games restrict them more and more.

Graphics will be shit. This engine is ancient and has not aged well. Tweaking it for newer hardware isn't going to make it better.

@@Evilshy,

I disagree with you and it is  sad to see that you do not have high hopes for Fallout 4. Do you think Bethesda  is that evil as EA? IMO,they are not. They care more about their communities and games than any other company I have seen. Ask yourself, why do Bethesda Game Studios take so long into making their game? It's because they put time and effort into each single game. What so bad about making their open word easier to get into? Secondly, they will not go back to paid mods since it got taken down in less than a week. Plus, Steam and Bethesda  listened and if anything will most likely  see donation buttons.

I, for one, am excited for Fallout 4 considering that Skyrim was epic and so was Fallout 3. I loved the trailer and I am looking forward to seeing gameplay on 6/14 

(edited)

I expect it to be easier and have less depth than 3 and NV. Any difficulty will be purely artificial.

It will suck without mods. In fact, if it continues the downward trend, judging by where Skyrim was, it will be unplayably bad without mods.

It will also have paid mods, meaning you'll have to pay even more than what I expect will be a $60 price tag. It will be the first Bethesda game since Morrowind that doesn't have huge modding community. Bethesda might even take a more active role in setting prices, and appropriate user mods, repackaging them as official DLC and charging out the ass. This will result in widespread mod piracy, and Bethesda, not willing to simply end paid modding and losing money, will instead create more and more restrictive DRM. Modding as a whole will decline rapidly as new Bethesda games restrict them more and more.

Graphics will be shit. This engine is ancient and has not aged well. Tweaking it for newer hardware isn't going to make it better.

Waw. A  bit pessamistic. 

The graphics are pretty damn good from what I've seen, definitely a MASSIVE improvement over the previous games.

vMeVmoU.jpg

Skyrim was pretty damn good vanilla , and from what I can they were hardly encouraged by the communities response to paid mods (Which wouldn't actually kill modding anyway. A lot of modders do it out of interest, if they were going to bring it back the system would be a lot less shite).

I mean, if they're going to introduce paid modding its likely they'll make the game easier to mod , there are points for and against it.

Think you're making a lot of assumptions about how bad it will be based entirely on the mod issue xD I think Bethdesa is fairly interested in keeping that scene alive, they just screwed up this time.

But psh, pretty excited.  Not sure about having a voiced character but I guess I'll see whether they can pull it off xD

Edited by Aleh
  • Brohoof 3

What? That game has a really good community. It isn't as active anymore, but, yeah, duh. I don't think that Fallout 4 will be as awful as Skyrim, but I'm not sure.

@@COBLoneWolf @@Aleh

First off, when paid mods were taken down, Valve straight up said that they still think it's a good idea, but they admitted that Skyrim wasn't a good place to start since the modding community was already so ingrained and such a huge upset would ruin a lot of stuff. We also know Bethesda is where the idea came from, as well as the 25%/75% split came from. This is all about money, and they'll bring it back when they think the backlash won't be as much. We've seen plenty of such backlashes over other stuff; pre-orders being shitty, Assassins Creed Unity and its disastrous launch, Evolve and its DLC nightmare. How long did that outrage last? Tons of people still pre order games, plenty of people still bought ACU (granted they did fix most of the performance problems), and it took about a week for people to forget all about how shamelessly the Evolve DLC was pushed. By the time FO4 comes out, not enough people will care to have the same kind of backlash.

And yes, a lot of my problems come from modding, simply because, recently, Bethesda vanilla games have been mediocre. New Vegas wasn't that bad vanilla, but it took a lot of mods to get to the point where I thought "yeah, this game is awesome." Almost everything about vanilla Skyrim was bad, down to even the interface. Combat was boring and just spamming power attacks. Magic was boring since most spells were just upgraded versions of previous ones. Mage characters were weak since the damage didn't scale well and the only way to make it viable was to spam the dual cast destruction stunlock thingy. The crafting skills required a ton of grinding to be useful, and even then, Smithing was OP while Enchanting was fairly weak, and Alchemy was unnecessary given the amount of potions you find just walking around and the ease of battle. The UI is abysmal. Very few of the fights were hard unless you were trying to kill things obviously above your level.

I always try to play a game all the way through in vanilla before modding, but I only made it through about 15 hours of Skyrim before I had to change things. Had the modding community not been so incredible, it would not be nearly as big.

What? That game has a really good community. It isn't as active anymore, but, yeah, duh. I don't think that Fallout 4 will be as awful as Skyrim, but I'm not sure.

I think you misunderstood. I was saying that ever since Morrowind, Bethesda games have had great modding communities, and I think FO4 will be the end of that due to paid mods. Morrowind is my favorite game ever, and I've made a few mods for it myself. We're still alive and kicking :)

@@Evilshy,

First of all, dont you remember Skyrim first year of release? Every gamer was playing that game like there was no tomorrow and it was highly praised for lots of reasons.  

Plus do you really think that games need mods in order to be enjoyable? Well, its doesn't, look at Star Wars Battlefront II that game hardly has any mods and still being played to this day or how about Pac-Man or Tetris that has no mods either and people still play them. Saying that Fallout 4 needs mods in order make it good is a flawed statement and seems to me you haven't played any game without mods.

On that note, what do you want from the engine in terms of graphics? Most of the games that have been on the New Gen, have had their graphics nerfed. Outside of the Wolfenstein: The New Order/ Old Blood, graphics have not mattered. If you think that graphics matter in terms of the game, or hell even mods,  then you are no better then trolls on the trailer's comments. Games are meant to be forms of interactive entrainment and not something to look at it. If graphics are more important to you then gameplay just please playing games altogether or play CoD or EA game I heard they like upping their graphics and not gameplay. 

So please dont throw your pessimistic unesthetic attitude  around those who are excited and hopefully for Fallout 4 and If another game people are so excited and you aren't, just please keep it to yourself because I and many other don't want to hear it 

I really need to make myself finish Fallout 3... why haven't I in all these years >_<.

There will be MULTIPLE voice options for the Wanderer from Vault 111, one of which i assume is Troy Baker. I wonder if Laura Bailey will be one of the options for female?

Also, character customization will be taken even further, allowing you to change your body type, instead of just the "average" body type people had in 3 and New Vegas

• Brohoof 1

@@Evilshy,

First of all, dont you remember Skyrim first year of release? Every gamer was playing that game like there was no tomorrow and it was highly praised for lots of reasons.  

Plus do you really think that games need mods in order to be enjoyable? Well, its doesn't, look at Star Wars Battlefront II that game hardly has any mods and still being played to this day or how about Pac-Man or Tetris that has no mods either and people still play them. Saying that Fallout 4 needs mods in order make it good is a flawed statement and seems to me you haven't played any game without mods.

On that note, what do you want from the engine in terms of graphics? Most of the games that have been on the New Gen, have had their graphics nerfed. Outside of the Wolfenstein: The New Order/ Old Blood, graphics have not mattered. If you think that graphics matter in terms of the game, or hell even mods,  then you are no better then trolls on the trailer's comments. Games are meant to be forms of interactive entrainment and not something to look at it. If graphics are more important to you then gameplay just please playing games altogether or play CoD or EA game I heard they like upping their graphics and not gameplay. 

So please dont throw your pessimistic unesthetic attitude  around those who are excited and hopefully for Fallout 4 and If another game people are so excited and you aren't, just please keep it to yourself because I and many other don't want to hear it 

A lot of Skyrim's early fans were console players. Mods weren't an option, and they didn't know what they were missing. It was also marketed towards more casual gamers who can spend hours and hours playing a game but not thinking too hard about it. I'm not like that.

I didn't say all games need mods to be good, I said recent Bethesda games need mods to be good.

I never said that I prefer graphics over gameplay. Gameplay is far more important than graphics, but that doesn't mean bad graphics magically stop being bad. I already said Morrowind is my favorite game ever and it has terrible graphics :P

Also, that was more a dig at the engine, and I admit I wasn't very clear on that. Also it seems I may have been mistaken; they made a new engine for Skyrim, so if they're using that it won't be so bad. But if they're using the one from NV, that one is super old. Also, I don't know if more in game footage has been released, but in the original trailer it wasn't that great. And there's been a pretty recent trend of rendering the ingame footage on a high end computer so people will think it's going to look so pretty, not realizing that most systems, not to mention consoles, can't run at that level.

Also, this is a speculation and discussion thread, you can make a hype thread and I won't post in it.

@@COBLoneWolf @@Aleh

First off, when paid mods were taken down, Valve straight up said that they still think it's a good idea, but they admitted that Skyrim wasn't a good place to start since the modding community was already so ingrained and such a huge upset would ruin a lot of stuff. We also know Bethesda is where the idea came from, as well as the 25%/75% split came from. This is all about money, and they'll bring it back when they think the backlash won't be as much. We've seen plenty of such backlashes over other stuff; pre-orders being shitty, Assassins Creed Unity and its disastrous launch, Evolve and its DLC nightmare. How long did that outrage last? Tons of people still pre order games, plenty of people still bought ACU (granted they did fix most of the performance problems), and it took about a week for people to forget all about how shamelessly the Evolve DLC was pushed. By the time FO4 comes out, not enough people will care to have the same kind of backlash.

And yes, a lot of my problems come from modding, simply because, recently, Bethesda vanilla games have been mediocre. New Vegas wasn't that bad vanilla, but it took a lot of mods to get to the point where I thought "yeah, this game is awesome." Almost everything about vanilla Skyrim was bad, down to even the interface. Combat was boring and just spamming power attacks. Magic was boring since most spells were just upgraded versions of previous ones. Mage characters were weak since the damage didn't scale well and the only way to make it viable was to spam the dual cast destruction stunlock thingy. The crafting skills required a ton of grinding to be useful, and even then, Smithing was OP while Enchanting was fairly weak, and Alchemy was unnecessary given the amount of potions you find just walking around and the ease of battle. The UI is abysmal. Very few of the fights were hard unless you were trying to kill things obviously above your level.

I always try to play a game all the way through in vanilla before modding, but I only made it through about 15 hours of Skyrim before I had to change things. Had the modding community not been so incredible, it would not be nearly as big.

I think you misunderstood. I was saying that ever since Morrowind, Bethesda games have had great modding communities, and I think FO4 will be the end of that due to paid mods. Morrowind is my favorite game ever, and I've made a few mods for it myself. We're still alive and kicking :)

Oh, okay. Well, this is becoming a let's-hate-Skyrim thread, and as much as I would love that, we should probably keep it to Fallout 4.

Hopefully it is more programed and well made compared to the vast errors, glitches, corrupted files, etc. in new vegas.

But the other question is what happened to china?

Yea, I had issues running FO3 and NV on my system because it's got 6 cores. So I had to go into the Fallout.ini file and change some numbers for it to work with my hexacore CPU. Though, They've gone to the Skyrim engine apparently for FO4, and I never had issues running it. So maybe there won't be any issues with it.

There will be MULTIPLE voice options for the Wanderer from Vault 111, one of which i assume is Troy Baker. I wonder if Laura Bailey will be one of the options for female?

Also, character customization will be taken even further, allowing you to change your body type, instead of just the "average" body type people had in 3 and New Vegas

"That is good to know." ~ Charon

I play as a female, and this is pretty great. I'm kinda hoping for at least 3 different types. a Butch/macho female voice, like a female drill sergeant. a Cocky and confident VA, as well as perhaps a soft spoken, but confident female.Perhaps a bit of sarcastic tone to some of the cocky and confident one's dialogue.

Body type is kinda neat,I wonder if it'd have any actual effects on your SPECIAL stats. More muscular body, maybe has better melee and better heavy weapons handling. Meanwhile a skinny body has quicker agility and better weapon handling with pistols and SMGs. I'm wondering if you'll be able to select species as well?

I just hope they make it as moddable as Fallout 3 and New Vegas.  :wub:

23193109-1432571275.png

I understand everyone's feelings on the lead guy in the trailer having a voice. I personally like the idea because I can mod the voice and put my own voice in it. That's how I see it if I want to make me in the character making part, I understand that having my own character would need their own voice. Like I mentioned before...

mi8ps.jpg

(edited)

I hope it has a large amount of "RolePlay" aspects, allowing the character to choose various methods to complete the game, kinda like NV and the factions. I'm all for playing Bethesda games different, be it as a lone wanderer to a gun toting maniac :lol:

The modding community will be absolutely key to the game on PC, because you know full well Bethesda will forget to bug test their game again. Not saying that it'll detract from the game, but considering the amount of bugs in Skyrim on release, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a similar case here. I'm a little worried they'll follow the Skyrim route and dumb the hell out of it. Now, I love Skyrim, but even I'll admit fully that as an RPG it's incredibly simple, in terms of getting rid of the Oblivion attribute system.. Keep it the same as Fallout 3 and NV in terms of perks and attributes and I'll be happy.

Ultimately though, as long as the world is interesting and it has a decent story, that's what matters overall. 

Edited by Raritas

I'm pretty excited for it. We saw a few shots from some sort of aerial vehicle so maybe transportation by flight will be a new addition? I'm just glad we're getting another Fallout since I've already squeezed  3 and New Vegas dry.

The only speculation I've seen so far that makes any sense to me is that they might go into explaining what caused the war in the first place. Granted I'm not overly into Fallout or Bethesda cuz their games aren't made very well at all and it tends to turn me off unless I'm specifically in the mood to play those games. I still haven't gone back to play the original games but if Fallout 4 is anything like New Vegas, Skyrim and the like then it's not gonna get any love from me for many years.

I did not play much of Fallout 3 or any of the other games, but as a huge fan of Elder Scrolls, I want to get into this series. Fallout 4 will probably pull me in. :3

It is such a shame though that so many people are on the internet going on and getting enraged about 'teh graphics'. From what I've seen, the game doesn't look bad at all. Also, when was graphics the only thing that mattered in gaming? Am I missing something there?

I'm excited for the game though. :) I really want to get into this series.

Also, when was graphics the only thing that mattered in gaming? Am I missing something there?

Some people think that graphics define a game (I'm not one of them, I like a game for replay value) and just ignore the engine or voice acting.