Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why aren't the ponies naked after going through the magic mirror?

Justin_Case001

[

Considering that the rest of the mane 6 on the first EQGs, which they didn't go through the mirror just to remind everyone, but for some reason they exist as such in the human AU, shows that maybe there was originally a Twilight Sparkle in said alternative universe.... (cont.)

Another thing-- I forgot that Sunset Shimmer also went through the mirror, yet she is known?! In fact she's popular!! Why isn't Twilight known??

Hasbro what the Hell?!

• Brohoof 2

The "Smartmirror" idea makes sense.  It's like when they teleported to the surface in Star Trek First Contact.  "Computer--mid-21st century civilian clothing.  Number One, you have the bridge."

They cut out the part when Twilight walked into the girl's locker room and demanded a girl to give her her clothes, boots and moh-tuh-cycule.

Genius.  That's the hardest I've laughed in a long time.  Wow.  Oh, man.  *Wipes away tears*.  Thanks, I needed that.

What if entering into an alternative universe actually kills/eliminates your original form in such AU? What if Twilight actually did exist in the AU, but got eliminates/destroyed due to pony AU Twilight entered into said universe?

Whoa.  The mirror is like a material emancipation grid, and the user is like a companion cube!  :blink:   What an awesome, dark twist that would be, if they found out that every time they used the mirror, they were killing dopplegangers.

• Brohoof 4

Because....reasons! I don't know...I'm going to say it was for censors. :lol: Sure, I can see..."They didn't have clothes when they went through the portal so the portal must have bestowed clothes upon them." 

It's all fiction. There is a world where there is a portal. I'm pretty sure the portal is kind enough to grant them clothing in a world where being clad in nothing in public is something generally looked down upon. 

• Brohoof 1

Considering that the rest of the mane 6 on the first EQGs, which they didn't go through the mirror just to remind everyone, but for some reason they exist as such in the human AU, shows that maybe there was originally a Twilight Sparkle in said alternative universe.

For example, Pinkie Pie did not go through the mirror, but she's in the human AU somehow whereas when Twilight entered noted universe via mirror, nobody noticed her? People saw her as a new student, which actually brings attention to me that.. If there's no Twilight Sparkle in the human universe in the first place, how the flying ducks is Pinkie or let alone the rest of the mane 6 exists?!

What if entering into an alternative universe actually kills/eliminates your original form in such AU? What if Twilight actually did exist in the AU, but got eliminates/destroyed due to pony AU Twilight entered into said universe?

Maybe Twilight, instead, has such clothing due to human AU Twilight having the clothing usually wears.. until she's destroyed or replaced with an alternative Twilight?

Hasbro has so many patches to fix up that even Pinkie Pie can't handle this paradox. O_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsHEVf2rVlA but they have already shown the real human twilight after the rainbow rocks credits

• Brohoof 3

Maybe the mirror has some undiscovered clothing spell like that 'Smart mirror' theory only more 'hands on'.. what i am saying is that mirror has magic Equesrtria doesnt know about (sorry if i went off topic a little)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

How have I not seen this until now? I always thought she was just some fan made thing.

post-credits scene some movies do them for kidna like a sneak peak /teaser for a sequel xD

marvel movies are known for always doing it

Edited by Alto
  • Brohoof 1

Because the universe has a sense of decency perhaps? I don't know,  maybe the mirror just has a built in spell that helps better adapts travelers between worlds to the new one. They're already a quadruped being thrown into a world of bipedals, appearing naked would not of helped matters. 

• Brohoof 2

Like everyone else said, it's due to he TV-Y rating. There's no way in a million years would Hasbro have uncensored content in their shows. It's not like Japanese anime where they can get away with more stuff.

Because it'd be creepy and Hasbro doesn't want naked characters out of the blue for no reason. Cartoons don't need to make sense.

I'm OK with the fact the portal gave her clothes, you know, because of magics.

What I do have a slight issue with is how quickly she caught on that clothes were mandatory in the human world. It would have been funny to see her revert back to being "clothing optional" and having to be set strait.

I know they would never set up a gag like that because of the rating but it was still a missed comedic opportunity. 

(edited)

That's something I've wondered about, not why she sin't naked, but how the whole clothes thing works. Say a pony walks through the mirror, they're now a fully clothed human, but if they take off, say a shoe, and throw it back into equestria, does it become a human shoe in equestria, a pony shoe in equestria, or just disappear? I mean, it wouldn't really make sense no matter what happens, if it becomes a human shoe, why doesn't it change when everything else that goes through it is "ponyfied"? If you get a pony shoe, why don't you get one when they walk through into equestria while wearing it? If it disappears, how do they get the shoe back on in the human world? Do they simply just walk in and out of the portal, or do they have to look around on the ground for where the shoe would have landed, stick their hoof in the empty spot and then walk through? Or maybe the shoe is just gone forever? And if they can just take off their shoes and walk in and out to get new ones, does that mean that, if a villian steals the mirror, they could create infinite shoes and become the almighty Shoelord? I'm not saying that's the plot for the next Equestria Girls movie, but I'd definitely pay to see "My Little Pony- Equestria Girls: Twilight Versus Shoelord Discord"

Edited by 10InTheTardis
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Twilight Sparkle walks through the mirror and her naked body would be no different from this.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/ben10/images/f/fa/Verdona_Anodite.png/revision/20141002071825

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/ben10/images/2/27/Anodite_Sunny.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20111004210851

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPp3mqqUJys

Just a purple featureless body.

Edited by Singe

(edited)

Because the mirror is magic and probably thought to itself "everyone else has clothes in this dimension and considering wearing no clothes in public is frowned upon perhaps I should give her some clothes as well to prevent her getting in any trouble with the local authorities and thus hindering and most likely ruining her mission as a whole." I think that's what happened.

Edited by APegLegPirate

Twilight Sparkle walks through the mirror and her naked body would be no different from this.

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/ben10/images/f/fa/Verdona_Anodite.png/revision/20141002071825

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/ben10/images/2/27/Anodite_Sunny.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20111004210851

Just a purple featureless body.

To be fair those are american adaptations of japanese shows and were probably censored before airing

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like they should be naked after going through the portal and that the only reason they aren't is because it´s a kids' show. The Little Mermaid had enough scenery censors to hide anything from sight, which the location of the portal in EQG doesn't have. They could possibly play with the camera angle showing only her face but I suppose they wanted to show human Twilight completely from the start.

• Brohoof 2

Who says they aren't? In Tarzan, he's actually naked. Disney just gave him clothes for censor. So maybe Twilight was naked until she got clothes because it's a kid's show. So if you see anyone running around naked as if it's nothing, especially if they are on all fours, ask where the portal to Equestria is. 

• Brohoof 2