Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why aren't the ponies naked after going through the magic mirror?

Justin_Case001

I was going to say that since there is another Twilight in the human world, then maybe the mirror doesn't just transform you into a human, it transforms you into a direct copy of your already existing human counterpart, so it basically copies the clothing as well. But then I remembered that the human Twilight doesn't wear those clothes, she wears a labcoat. So maybe it generates clothes based on the personality of your already existing human counterpart and the location you're in? Which is why it made an actual school uniform and not just casual clothes because it's Twilight Sparkle.

This is probably looking at things a bit too in depth, though. Casually walking around naked would totally have been the best thing to happen though

• Brohoof 2

Starswirled the Bearded made it. Judging by his attire you can tell he was quite the fashionist and like Rarity find it a crime to be naked so he installed an apparatus that will cloth all those that that use it.

Star_Swirl_the_Bearded_ID_S4E25.png

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Insert Terminator joke here...

There's going to be new Terminator jokes in a few days. Just saying.  :lol:

The reason they have clothes is the same reason the Hulk has those shorts/boxers/whatever after he transforms. It's necessary to satisfy the cultural mandate of the society the show is made for.  ;)

• Brohoof 1

Because Twilight had saddlebags on when she entered the portal. The portal acted as a kind of computer that analyzed Twilight's departure point and transmitted the matter stream through to the receiving portal. That one in turn analyzed the human world and used a biomimetic magic based upon the data collected and compared from both worlds. Thus the matter stream was converted based on environmental factors; ponies are the dominant lifeforms in Equestria and humans are the dominant lifeforms at Canterlot High. The biomimetic magic then altered the matter stream to accurately reflect that by turning pony Twilight into a human. The saddlebags were then used as a raw material by which clothing was created, as the receiving portal surely would've analyzed. So it's not a matter of modesty, it's a matter of mimicry.

But all that aside... yeah, Hasbro reasons.

• Brohoof 1

Very young children watch this show. They were never going to go there.

unrelated question, spike is a dragon and he became a dog, right? and vice versa, right?

winnona's already a dog. so...if winnona were to go though the mirror...

Well, then you'd have this.

medium.jpg

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with what we all seem to be saying: it's a children's movie.

But I also believe that the clothes (like other things) would have some bond with her because the parallels between the two worlds are close. Not picking it up? Think of it like this:

The closer things are, the more they have in common.

EG World is really similar to Equestria because their worlds are close in the space-time continuum. This results in easy travel between worlds and slight variations in the world's "programming".

I hope that made sense. :please: