Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I got into a sword fight with a friend.

Boyevyye De

This gif sums up my feelings about this post pretty well. 

Well, they were wooden, so it did kind of hurt.  :yay:

There can be only one!  :okiedokielokie:

Good job on winning.

She will get no food tonight.  :P

• Brohoof 3

That's pretty awesome.  I once saw this pretend medieval battle company...I hardly know how to describe it.  It was a massive group of people, just regular nice looking folks, mostly guys.  They met in the park and were decked out with cardboard, duct taped medieval combat gear.  Armor, and every kind of weapon you could imagine.  There had to have been at least two hundred of them.  They divided down the middle and took sides, and then charged the field in a massive battle.  It really looked like a big medieval movie battle scene.  Like the Battle of Sterling or something.  The rules, from what my friends and I could tell by watching, seemed to be that if you take hit anywhere that unarmored, that part becomes useless.  I'm not really sure what the kill parameters were, but people were going down constantly and then just lying there.  They went at for several minutes until warriros from only one side were standing.  Then they got up and enjoyed some snacks and whatnot.  It was so friggin awesome.  I would absolutely love to be a part of something like that.  Maybe if I wasn't such a wuss, I would have walked up to them and asked how you get in.

• Brohoof 2

That's pretty awesome.  I once saw this pretend medieval battle company...I hardly know how to describe it.  It was a massive group of people, just regular nice looking folks, mostly guys.  They met in the park and were decked out with cardboard, duct taped medieval combat gear.  Armor, and every kind of weapon you could imagine.  There had to have been at least two hundred of them.  They divided down the middle and took sides, and then charged the field in a massive battle.  It really looked like a big medieval movie battle scene.  Like the Battle of Sterling or something.  The rules, from what my friends and I could tell by watching, seemed to be that if you take hit anywhere that unarmored, that part becomes useless.  I'm not really sure what the kill parameters were, but people were going down constantly and then just lying there.  They went at for several minutes until warriros from only one side were standing.  Then they got up and enjoyed some snacks and whatnot.  It was so friggin awesome.  I would absolutely love to be a part of something like that.  Maybe if I wasn't such a wuss, I would have walked up to them and asked how you get in.

That is called LARPing. Dont try to join that.

I've been sword fighting since I was in the womb. I'm the world champion. 

OH MAN YOUR COOL!

i used to do that as a kid.

you know, pretend we are knights and one is the villain and we would try to hit each other with our wooden sticks like mad.that was fun.

But meh, i kinda grew out of it, mainly because it is considered to be childish by most and there isnt exactly any club or anything like that here, either.

(edited)

@@Boyevyye De

I think it's clear from my name and avatar of my ponysona, I have a long held fondness for the weapon.

Fenced for three years in High School but I am loathe to call that sword fighting. Rather my true experience has come from my martial arts training. I've studied German Longsword, Kenjutsu, but by far have the most experience with Tai Chi sword.

That is called LARPing. Dont try to join that.

Why not? It seems like a lot of fun. 

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 3

No with how clumsy I am as a person. I would not fair well with swords at all. It'd probably take me a much longer time to get comfortable using one than lets say somebody else. If I had a sword fight with a friend, I'd probably manage to stab myself somehow xD. Silly ol clumsy me :P.

I think it's clear from my name and avatar of my ponysona, I have a long held fondness for the weapon.

Fenced for three years in High School but I am loathe to call that sword fighting. Rather my true experience has come from my martial arts training. I've studied German Longsword, Kenjutsu, but by far have the most experience with Tai Chi sword.

Why not? It seems like a lot of fun. 

Oh cool. I am somewhat trained in using a Shashka and a Szabla. Mainly learning how to hold it and clean it. Although others in the Stanitsa know how to sword dance. 

• Brohoof 1

Oh cool. I am somewhat trained in using a Shashka and a Szabla. Mainly learning how to hold it and clean it. Although others in the Stanitsa know how to sword dance. 

I've never heard of that school, I'm afraid. No wonder you won when you sparred your friend if you have legit training.

A couple years ago, my younger brother by three years asked me to fight him with a wooden "Practice" sword, I suppose that is a good name for it. He had been doing a bit of fencing.

He now refuses to fight me, just in case I kick him in the privates again. Or smash him round the face with a heavy wooden sword.

Now that I think about it, I was really f*cking mean to him.

(He deserved/asked for it, I guess.)

I've never heard of that school, I'm afraid. No wonder you won when you sparred your friend if you have legit training.

Oh I am not anymore trained then my friend is, and what school? I just know what I know from my father. 

• Brohoof 1

When you said:

I am somewhat trained in using a Shashka and a Szabla. Mainly learning how to hold it and clean it. Although others in the Stanitsa know how to sword dance. 

That makes me think this is a martial art school, a la Kung Fu or Karate. Am I incorrect?

I used to whack sticks with other sticks.  And pretend those sticks were swords.  But they were only sticks.  I once tried to cut down a tree with a machete, though.  Don't worry: It was the neighbor's tree.

Would definitely not work unless the tree was young and very thin. Either that or you had a lot of time to dedicate to whittling through it.

• Brohoof 1