Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Could these two be sisters?

Pineapple Bloom

916040__safe_twilight+sparkle_princess+t

Not sure if this counts as a spoiler since it's an image from the Season 5 promo for a future episode ^^;

But I think, though not originally intended, that the show might portray Twinkleshine (white with pink mane) and Lemony Hearts/Gem (yellow with blue mane) as sisters because it might be awkward to have two characters with the exact same mane style interacting with eachother with no explanation. :P They're also standing right next to eachother with vaguely similar pose and face expression.

What do you think?

• Brohoof 1

Most of the background ponies are just recolors of each other anyway. I don't think that this necessarily needs to be the case. They exist to fill in scenes and nothing more.

• Brohoof 1

Might be, who can say, the flower sisters all look quite different, but I don't see why they couldn't be an Aloe and Lotus.

The bigger question is, are Colgate/Minuette and Twilight related? Looking pretty close there..

Similar (,or in this case exact) hair styles is not a particularly good indication of being siblings in humans. In cartoon ponies, maybe. However, what we have seen of siblings in the show, I can't recall any of them having the same, or even similar manestyles.

(edited)

Ah, one of the many fan fails in creating parental links. You see, hair style is not a hereditary characteristic. Mane color, coat color, even personality and mental disorders are to a certain point, but anypony can style their mane however they like. Are Rainbow Dash and Daring Do sisters? Are Bon Bon and those two ponies triplets? Is my OC parent with anypony with spiked mane? Probably not.

Edited by MCAsomm

if having the same hair style makes them family, then yes. :fluttershy: 

but they could just be really close friends who wanted to be twinsies. 

I already ship it o-o

it's a curse really. 

dem shipping goggles. 

• Brohoof 1

suuuuure, let's call them sisters. Because the episode is centered in Canterlot, and it's not like a capital city with elite-type ponies don't have bandwagons that follow whatever might be popular at the time, like certain mane-cut styles. Impossible.

Shouldn't :Lemony Gems be older considering in the comics (which follows show canon) she's Shining Armor's age and is presumably married?

I don't think they're related. Most background ponies look very similar in just different colors. Also, the background ponies stay just there, in the background and with the exception of "Slice of Life", aren't given any personality or life whatsoever so I don't think it will ever really be explained which currently leaves it at no.

I don't think that Twilight has a sister

Yes, but can we really be that sure anymore? "Oh garsh, my sister who has totally existed this entire time Glowing Shingaurd is moving in with her boyfriend!"

Yes, but can we really be that sure anymore? "Oh garsh, my sister who has totally existed this entire time Glowing Shingaurd is moving in with her boyfriend!"

You made me laugh out loud.  :P

• Brohoof 1