movies/tv Saddest moment in an animated movie

Grtxkkyz

1: I couldn't not mention it: Mufasa's death in The Lion King!

2: The moment when Stitch 'dies' in Lilo And Stitch 2.

3: That heart wrenching montage at the beginning of Up.

4: The end of The Iron Giant.

5: Littlefoot's Mother's Death in The Land Before Time.

6: When Stoik is killed by Toothless in How To Train Your Dragon 2!

7: Pretty much everything in the last 15 minutes or so of Inside Out.

8: When Ash is turned to stone (or whatever) in the first Pokémon movie. Gets me every time, so I'd say it's the saddest in my opinion! :(

• 1 month later...

grave of the fireflies: when the main guy had to cremate his dead sister. i wanna cry :(

You took the words right out of my mouth. By far the most horribly sad movie I have ever seen. Beautifully made but devastating. I don't think Miyazaki really played fair with that one. It's like he was just going for the throat.

Aside from that though, 'When Somebody Loved Me' from Toy Story 2. Just...oh my.   

• Brohoof 2

When Ash turned into stone; when Mewtwo leaves them to a new and unknown place; when Melody sings Lugia's theme; Mufasa's death OF COURSE! ; when Nemo's mother dies; when The King crashes and McQueen helps him to finish his last race, and many more.

I only ever cried at one scene in animation. The others listed I was pretty close, but Riki's death (from GnG / Hopeanuoil) was the one where I cried for at least fifteen minutes. And this was about... three months after I saw it. I don't know, the subject came up and I was pretty much on my last nerves at the point. But anyway, I thought that it was one of the more emotional scenes that i've seen in animation. 

Other than that, pretty much the entire movie "When the Wind Blows." 

• Brohoof 1

When Jiro's love interest in The Wind Rises has to go to the sanitarium.

THIS. And the moment Jiro realises she's gone... Heartbreaking.

grave of the fireflies: when the main guy had to cremate his dead sister. i wanna cry :(

The entire movie was just devastating... Probably the most touching thing I've ever seen.

The Sound the Bugle song in Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron also makes me cry every time I see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJmNjutf_bQ

• Brohoof 4

The end of Watership Down, when Hazel is old, and the Black Rabbit of Inle comes for him, and invites him to join his Owsla, leaving behind him a large and successful warren.  It's a very bittersweet ending to the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMvGUCTpCIY

^This. Plus I agree on "Sound The Bugle" in Spirit, that always makes me cry. Also:

This scene from Simba's Pride, the sequel to The Lion King.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL6rT8TNeuM

• Brohoof 2

For me, as much as I love The Lion King, Mufasa's death doesn't get it.

There are two scenes in animated movies that never fail to bring a tear to my eye:

-Widow Tweed leaving Tod at the game preserve in The Fox and the Hound.

-Andy giving up his toys at the end of Toy Story 3. This scene is emotional enough on its own, but before I ever saw the film my young cousin whom I had grown quite close to loved the first Toy Story movie. "You Got a Friend in Me" sort of became our song. Then at one point, my aunt decided to stop bringing him to our place due to disagreements with my sister and it really looked like we'd only rarely see him after that. I'd been helping take care of the kid daily for years, so that had a huge impact on me. My aunt did eventually bring him back and things returned to normal, but the relationship between Woody and Andy has always had a deeper significance to me for that reason, and so the end of TS3 has an even stronger effect than it normally would have, especially since I've helped to take care of this kid and know that one day he'll grow up and move on with his life.

You took the words right out of my mouth. By far the most horribly sad movie I have ever seen. Beautifully made but devastating. I don't think Miyazaki really played fair with that one. It's like he was just going for the throat.

Aside from that though, 'When Somebody Loved Me' from Toy Story 2. Just...oh my.

OMG!! i remember hearing this song "when somebody loved me" before! i havent even seen toy story fully. but the song... :(

That part in Boboiboy the Movie when Boboiboy was super desperate to see Ochobot but Bora Ra kept on blocking him while destroying Ochobot affecting Api to turn into Blaze! It was SUPER SAD!!!!!!!!!

Childhood ;_; I cried when i was little:

And Lets not forget Bambi :(

Hands down, the two saddest moments of my childhood. I still cry when I watch Fox and the Hound, and I refuse to watch Bambi these days, unless I fast forward the first bit. lol

• Brohoof 2

From Zootopia, when Nick tells his story to Judy, when he tried to be a Zootopia Junior Ranger Scout, despite being the only predator and fox in the troop, only to be bullied and muzzled by the prey kids, he runs out and removes the muzzle and begins to cry, it still gets me misty eyed, no one deserves that disgrace, which is why I felt good for Nick when he connected with Judy, in that scene in the movie.

• Brohoof 3

From Zootopia, when Nick tells his story to Judy, when he tried to be a Zootopia Junior Ranger Scout, despite being the only predator and fox in the troop, only to be bullied and muzzled by the prey kids, he runs out and removes the muzzle and begins to cry, it still gets me misty eyed, no one deserves that disgrace, which is why I felt good for Nick when he connected with Judy, in that scene in the movie.

I feel that! When I saw that scene the first thing I wanted to do was yell at the screen and tell Nick to rip off that muzzle and go EAT those rotten kids! 

• Brohoof 2

The ending of Wolf's Rain had me crying like a baby.

I will never watch Plague Dogs again.

I've never dared watch it in full; after I read the book for the first time, I was in floods of tears. I've watched clips from Plague Dogs but I'm too scared to watch the movie in full. O_o

Also, regarding the Lion King, Mufasa's death is sad, but doesn't make me cry. It's Simba's Pride that really gets to me. I think it's cuz being outcast for something that isn't your fault is something that we can all relate to.

I've never dared watch it in full; after I read the book for the first time, I was in floods of tears. I've watched clips from Plague Dogs but I'm too scared to watch the movie in full. O_o

Also, regarding the Lion King, Mufasa's death is sad, but doesn't make me cry. It's Simba's Pride that really gets to me. I think it's cuz being outcast for something that isn't your fault is something that we can all relate to.

The movie was horrible enough, in how horribly callous and cruel people can be to helpless animals. I can't imagine the book. *hug*

• Brohoof 1

OH My GOODNESS!!! I forgot about this! I think I mentally blocked it out cuz all I wanted to do was jump through that screen and hold him and tell him that it's okay and that those darn kids are just wrong! Now I'm getting the feels again! oh man. 

• Brohoof 1