Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Yeah don't forget CN used to air Atomic Betty, now that's a good Canadian show I grew up during my teenage-hood in 2004.

We got a third season of Atomic Betty up here in Canada. I miss that show.

As it stands, and as I understand it, Discovery Family has absolutely no say in the content of MLP. Hasbro used to be co-owner of the Hub, and so was able to use it as the vector of putting out whatever it wanted, and I think there's still some sort of contract to that effect now that it is Discovery Family. The content of MLP is completely controlled by the producers, DHX, and Hasbro.

There is no doubt at all that Cartoon Network would be salivating at the thought of a show as popular as MLP getting on their network, especially as it has a longer reach than Discovery Family. If the producers leveraged that popularity to negotiate a contract with CN that stipulated MLP would be on, guaranteed, for a certain number of seasons, at a certain time slot, and without interference by CN in the production, then I wouldn't see a problem. After all, it's only CN's own shows that are crap.