Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do MLP Fim ponies show hatred?

Tom Snyder

(edited)

So i've been wondering since i may not know everything, but do Fim's ponies ever show hatred, even as fillies/colts? Cause i need to know, its been bugging me a lot lately. Luna showed it, but i'm not sure if a filly/colt will.

Edited by Tom Snyder

I would assume hatred is normal...

But honestly hatred is a super-strong emotion/condition that I imagine we haven't really *needed* to see in the show yet.

So I just think they don't show it or write it in because it's not useful or necessary for their plots or characters.

Well, Starlight Glimmer hated quite a few ponies, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon hate the CMC (and the CMC hate them), the Mane 6 (excluding Fluttershy) hated Discord for quite a bit, Sweetie Belle showed hatred towards her sister a couple of times, Rarity hates getting dirty (for the most part), and there are plenty of other instances where a pony shows hatred towards something.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

A hate relationship under my terms was used a lot with the main evil characters.  The Rainbow Dash-Gilda Relationship up to "The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone" would be one, or perhaps the famous Tirek-Twilight conflict would be another. 

That's what I would see as "hate" inside the show.

Edited by CinnamonPop
  • Brohoof 1

I can't really think of any character that shows out-right hatred-- most often it's along the lines of an extreme disliking that can be mended with time-- but I guess the closest person to come to that hatred was Sombra? Like, he's got this whole thing against the crystal ponies. Granted it's a side product of his greed for power and crystals, but meh.

Think Hearths Warming Eve.

The three pony factions outright hated each other, which caused the Windingo's to destroy their ancient homeland.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Yes, but do the fillies/ colts develop hatred at such a young age? Like my oc does in a fic i'm doing currently, she's bullied and harassed, which makes her hate the whole village.

Edited by Tom Snyder

(edited)

Actually yes. Remember Hearts Warmings Eve? That entire episode was about how the three pony tribes were almost doomed to extinction because they hated each other, which the Windigoes fed off of!

Yes, but do the fillies/ colts develop hatred at such a young age? Like my oc does in a fic i'm doing currently, she's bullied and harassed, which makes her hate the whole village.

That seems a touch out of character for the setting. Babs was the closest we got to such a growing up, but she didn't develop hatred, she became a bully to avoid being bullied and she got over that by the end as well.

Edited by Steel Accord

(edited)

Actually yes. Remember Hearts Warmings Eve? That entire episode was about how the three pony tribes were almost doomed to extinction because they hated each other, which the Windigoes fed off of!

That seems a touch out of character for the setting. Babs was the closest we got to such a growing up, but she didn't develop hatred, she became a bully to avoid being bullied and she got over that by the end as well.

I know, and i will change it once i get a better understanding of it. I hate being so slow in learning new things.

Edited by Tom Snyder
  • Brohoof 1

I know, and i will change it once i get a better understanding of it. I hate being so slow in learning new things.

It's fine. I just can't see a little child in Equestria being bullied so bad that she would resent his/her entire community for it with nopony taking notice of his/her pain.

(edited)

Hatred is a product of one's upbringing.

Look to the Middle east. The children are taught the West is evil, and that we must die for our sins.

Look to the projects in America. The children are taught that Police are evil, racist and murderers, and that the law is nothing.

---EDIT---

Steel Accord,

Did you read the fiendship is magic comic about Sombra? He was bullied to the point where he hated everypony.

Edited by Honsou

Steel Accord,

Did you read the fiendship is magic comic about Sombra? He was bullied to the point where he hated everypony.

No I did not read them but that was a different time. Modern Equestria would not allow such behavior to continue for long. Applejack says as much when Babs Seed came to Ponyville and that's why the CMC should have told her what was going on.

Even if he was, that doesn't near enough justify enslaving the Crystal Empire.

He was a shadow pony. When he finally realized he was, he snapped, and killed the old crystal princess.

It is said the path to hell is paved with good intentions. In Sombra's case this was true.

Sure, they're capable of hate, they just don't show it very often. But showings of hatred seem to be so extreme that they're ready and willing to kill and torture because of it. Luna hated Celestia so much that she became Nightmare Moon and attempted to deliver a heart-piercing death blow to her. In her moment of pure, unbridled rage; Twilight hated Tirek so much that she very blatantly tried to take his life. Sombra hated the Crystal Heart, he kept it from being used against him by hiding it away and mentally destroying the Crystal Ponies so they couldn't power it. Trixie hated Twilight and was willing to torture an entire town in an attempt that she was the better mage. And as someone already mentioned, the three primordial tribes of ponies hated each other so much that it summoned Windigos, creatures that according to their base mythology, would cave in their minds, destroy their souls and eat them alive. So, yeah, hatred definitely exists in Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

He was a shadow pony. When he finally realized he was, he snapped, and killed the old crystal princess.

It is said the path to hell is paved with good intentions. In Sombra's case this was true.

What good intentions did he have apart from just being accepted? That makes him identifiable and sympathetic, but it doesn't make him a tragic and otherwise heroic figure.

What good intentions did he have apart from just being accepted? That makes him identifiable and sympathetic, but it doesn't make him a tragic and otherwise heroic figure.

Well this isn't the modern version i'm doing, its a small village meaning no big cities, just those small areas where ponies lived. But not much was mentioned about them in the hearths warming eve episode. All you get told is they lived in colonies or something, but mine lives in small one.

I really, really don't think anyone in Ponyville is particularly fond of Trixie.

Definitely not but they clearly didn't tar and feather her, and were forgiving enough for her to stick around and apologize to Twilight. I think they may just take their cues from her, "if Twilight doesn't hold a grudge, neither should we."

There's really nothing stopping you from hating another person, anything could make them be that way. You'd hate the ones who bullied you, but then if you are seen as a bad pony for hurting those two bullies, then yeah, she could hate them all for it. never trusting anypony ever again, her mother being the only one she can.

Definitely not but they clearly didn't tar and feather her, and were forgiving enough for her to stick around and apologize to Twilight. I think they may just take their cues from her, "if Twilight doesn't hold a grudge, neither should we."

As you may have missed it, i said my story doesn't take place in the present, but in the past.