Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would be the worst cutie marks to be stuck with?

cider float

One that goes with your name because you don't even know what your talent is when you're born so it's silly. Likew Diamond Tiara abnd Sliver Spoon. Can you even tell what their talents are ? (Being bratty isn't a talent but if it was I wouldn't be surprised if it was DT's and SS's talents.)

Or one that could be used as an insult like Snail's cutie mark. A worse one that doesn't have anything to do with your talent at all.

Mayonnaise. Definitely a mayo cutie mark. 

Is mayonnaise a cutie mark?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

One that goes with your name because you don't even know what your talent is when you're born so it's silly. Likew Diamond Tiara abnd Sliver Spoon. Can you even tell what their talents are ? (Being bratty isn't a talent but if it was I wouldn't be surprised if it was DT's and SS's talents.)

Or one that could be used as an insult like Snail's cutie mark. A worse one that doesn't have anything to do with your talent at all.

Is mayonnaise a cutie mark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71GWS3ccmvI

I've actually considered that paradox alot. How is a   pony going to have a name based on a cutie mark before it ever appears, or a cutie mark based on a name if they are supposed to based on a special talent? I think it's one of those things we are supposed to overlook because it's a kids show. 

Edited by Lexamena
  • Brohoof 1

I've actually considered that paradox alot. How is a   pony going to have a name based on a cutie mark before it ever appears, or a cutie mark based on a name if they are supposed to based on a special talent? I think it's one of those things we are supposed to overlook because it's a kids show.

You do make a point, I guess find it a bit silly and even as a kid myself watching Friendship is Magic when I was still 11 and 12 I didn't understand it. But I quite agree it shouldn't be taken seriously.

From the grand list of things Hasbro won't let a Brony do in an MLP game:

907) First off, gynecology isn't a topic that belongs in an MLP game.  Secondly, let's not even get into what a pony's cutie mark would be who had that for their special talent!

In my headcanon, Snails' special talent is talking to slugs, bugs, and general creepy-crawlies---he's another animal caretaker pony, like Fluttershy is, but his specialty is with things that aren't so cute.  That's a pretty important job if you think about it; they're part of the ecosystem, too.

(edited)

From the grand list of things Hasbro won't let a Brony do in an MLP game:

907) First off, gynecology isn't a topic that belongs in an MLP game. Secondly, let's not even get into what a pony's cutie mark would be who had that for their special talent!

In my headcanon, Snails' special talent is talking to slugs, bugs, and general creepy-crawlies---he's another animal caretaker pony, like Fluttershy is, but his specialty is with things that aren't so cute. That's a pretty important job if you think about it; they're part of the ecosystem, too.

That is true, I also have a headcannon that Snails takes care of bugs and insects as well and that he has a pet snail or something.

But I see a lot of people within the fandom use Snail's cutie mark as a insult. A YouTuber even said Snails cutie mark was to show how re tarted he is or his stupidity. So I mentioned it because if you had something like a snail for a cutie mark then ponies could bully or make fun of you. Maybe even small teasing so it can be used a insult.

But what you said is true. I can also see Fluttershy and Snails having to take care of creepy crawlies together with Snails messing things up and Fluttershy panicking over his big mess. :P

Edited by 5NightsAtFazbear
  • Brohoof 1

The special talent is not crying.  However, that pony must be the most stable at funerals.  Maybe Shining Armor should have this cutie mark to control his liquid pride.

864754__safe_meme_cutie+mark_milk_spoile

• Brohoof 1

The special talent is not crying.  However, that pony must be the most stable at funerals.  Maybe Shining Armor should have this cutie mark to control his liquid pride.

sig-3912474.864754__safe_meme_cutie%20ma

What about the pony who has a milk cutie mark?

Oh my mistake, was it a crying over spilled milk cutie mark or just a milk cutie mark?

I think it can be reasonably interpreted both ways truth be told. Either way not a pleasant Cutie Mark to be stuck with.

• 5 years later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/25/2015 at 3:09 PM, SteveMorison said:
On 6/25/2015 at 3:06 PM, Cwanky said:

Trouble Shoes was a case of misunderstanding (and poor writing unfortunately) on Trouble Shoes' part. He always knew subconsciously that he wanted to be part of the rodeo, he just didn't know how. Otherwise he wouldn't have consistently snuck back to the rodeo year after year. What was mistaken for a curse of clumsiness was his innate goofiness that let others laugh and enjoy him.

I won't defend Appleloosa's Most Wanted but that's the takeaway we are meant to get.

It's actually really difficult to interpret a horseshoe as having anything to do with a Rodeo, and personally I think they screwd up with their moral here, how exactly is being laughed at for having bad luck better than just having bad luck?

It seemed to me like they were going for a moral of turning one's weakness into a strength. Which was kind of nice in and of itself, but it does to some degree contradict what we were previously told about cutie marks: Everywhere else, it's stated that first you figure out what specifically you're good at, then you get your butt tattoo. A cutie mark is not a command from on high, but an outward reflection of what one has discovered about one's self.

As for undesirable cutie marks: Various episodes showed ponies with cutie marks related to jobs (janitor, window washer, fast food service) that few people in real life would count as something worth dedicating one's life to. If Rumble had seen many of those, it would go a long way towards explaining his behavior in "Marks and Recreation". Then again, if Equestria treats those kinds of workers better than we do, maybe it's not as bad as it looks.

Then there's Short Fuse from "Wonderbolts Academy" and "The Washouts", who appears to have a special talent of being short-tempered - not a lot of places where that can get you ahead in life, especially in a peaceful culture such as Equestria.

There's also Scootaloo's cutie mark, which has a wing and a lightning bolt, features normally associated with "flies real good". Evidently, the universe itself is trolling her. Though I guess it could just as easily mean that she's destined to put her mechanical skills to use building herself some piece of assistive technology.

• 1 year later...