Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

This Confederate Flag thing has gone too far.

Yamato

He was photographed holding the flag

Yeah, and he was wearing a Gold's Gym shirt, too. Let's boycott that as well, shall we?

I mean, there's knee-jerk reactions, and then there's jerking your knee with such force that it separates from your body, achieves escape velocity, and takes out a GPS satellite. 
  • Brohoof 5

60270548.jpg

Basically this picture... *hating any race mind you*

The Flag does have important history behind it and they should leave it in museums. But why go totting around this flag so that in turn one day people will become to hate it? It doesn't make sense but that is what it has come to in this day in age with how others in the past of brought upon this flag.  

It's not that if you see the Confederate flag that makes it racist it his how that person or group has flown it for. What were the intentions of the use of that flag in that moment of time? 

• Brohoof 2

So why the heck would people still continue to support this flag in the wake of such a tragedy? :blink: That's just wrong :(

I think the question should be why push for this after such a tragedy when said flag has been around for as long as it has? It just reeks of the same kind of shameful tragedy milking exploitation that has become all too common since 9/11. I can understand the point of view that perhaps state and federal buildings shouldn't fly the confederate flag but the longer this goes on the more I am seeing that this is more than just about that but about classic divide and conquer politics which is used by the establishment to distract us.

• Brohoof 4

Cared enough to post, didn't ya?

Seems to me like someone was just making a post to get a rise outta someone...

sig-3904112.200_s.gif

Says the person who posts a meme under their post just to make their post more likely to get brohoofs.

People are so butt-hurt about this....

The whole thing is bucking ridiculous.

sig-3903731.Fb-OriginalRebelFlag.jpg

th__84__by_leek1235-d8zlch0.jpgGood Ol' Johnny Rebel. I do not support the racism of the south in the civil war but I supported almost all of it if it weren't for the racism and slavery I would be a Rebel.

Shouldn't be the flag that gets the blame, but the people who use the flag for bad things. The flag has history of course and I have nothing against the south, but don't blame the flag. The flag did nothing to hurt anyone. Flags don't go up and start killing people. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

All this condemnation of the confederate flag is utterly ridiculous; It's just a part of history, leave it alone, guys. A flag didn't go into a church and shoot up 9 people.

Says the person who posts a meme under their post just to make their post more likely to get brohoofs.

Yeah but it's still pretty funny. By the way, that's an example of how to use a meme correctly.

Edited by Guest

If I recall correctly, wasn't the 'rebel' flag that was being shown that started this whole mess not even the flag that everyone hates so much? Pretty sure the flag that they displayed for a particular battle, not for racism, but hey, anything for the media to latch into, right?

This whole ordeal is pure nonsense. It's a flag. That's it. It is part of the history of America and trying to ban and censor it is basically saying 'let's ignore the past', which is a recipe for disaster. The flag that is being called at stood for the confederacy which I think was really bad, but should we really just ignore those bad things that happened just because they were bad things? No, because they are a part of history, no matter how bad it might have been back then. To ignore it is to not acknowledge mistakes we may have made in the past and that is never a good thing. Slavery happened, the civil war happened, but that shows that we made mistakes and now we don't do those things anymore. We shouldn't just ignore that those things happened. Not too much, the flag has so many different meanings now for different people, trying to censor it is trying to censor many different viewpoints. Which also is terrible to do.

I am not even sure what else to say, I have trying to ignore this issue, but to go as far as outright negate the airing of a friggin' TV SHOW just because of a flag on a car, you know it's getting crazy after that. I actually predicted this would happen and I really wish I would have been wrong.

In closing, people need to stop being at each other's throats over a flag. All that does is divide us, which is exactly what the civil war was as well, it divided us.

• Brohoof 1

Stop selling the flags at Walmart and ebay? Okay, doesn't bother me.

Stop flying them above government buildings? Again, I don't have a problem.

But if you're gonna stop airing reruns of "The Dukes of Hazzard" because of this shit, then NOW I HAVE A FUCKING PROBLEM.

For those of you who haven't heard: http://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/television/2015/07/01/dukes-hazzard/29572811/

finally a dukes of hazzard thread.YEEHAW

Yea,i used to watch that show,but no reruns?? JUST BECAUSE THE GENERAL LEE BORE THE CONFEDERATE FLAG.Thanks Us government

I'm with the OP.  I don't think the flag should be flown over government buildings, but the Dukes of Hazzard thing is ridiculous.  You can't ban/censor entertainment that was made in a time when things were different.  Where does it end?

(edited)

47a.gif

who even still watches that old ass show? 

If that's the thing that sent you over the edge... that's just funny

^ just my personal feeling since I really have no love for that show and even less for the flag

Edited by Pink
  • Brohoof 1

47a.gif

who even still watches that old ass show? 

If that's the thing that sent you over the edge... that's just funny

Uhuh so you're making fun of people for being upset that they can't watch the show on television...Let me tell you something.

There was a false alarm recently concerning the same case where anti-bronies Photoshopped a pony T-Shirt on the shooter. Now there were some media outlets that actually believed it and made an article that didn't exactly put bronies in a good light. Now the good thing is this was debunked.

But let me ask you something, what if a brony went on a massacre like this and in response Hasbro cancelled MLP? I bet you'd be pretty upset.

• Brohoof 4

I wonder when someone is going to make the argument.

If it's outlawed there will be an increase in crime as in the black market will have something to sell. They be selling Confederate Flags in the underworld like drugs?

It's really sad to see the Dukes of Hazzard get caught up in all of this nonsense as it obviously had nothing to do with racism or the shooting and is only getting caught up simply because the Confederate flag is on the General Lee

This is just part of a long list of things getting needlessly censored by the recent tragedy among other things.

(edited)

It's just a flag, now if that flag was the one that carried out that terrible massacre business, I'd see why they'd want to ban the flag.  They should be attacking the racists that carry the flag(not saying everyone that has a confederate flag is a racist).  They are only avoiding attacking the issue head-on, instead they settle for blaming the confederate flag for the issue at hand instead of deranged racist people that kill innocents.  This is the same as people blaming video games for crimes, or when they blamed Marilyn Manson for the Columbine shooting way back when.  Racism is the issue(or at least one of the issues), not the confederate flag.

Edited by Thuja

As a Libertarian, I believe that anyone should be able to fly that flag.

And if you're offended, the most you can legally do is verbally scold that person.

Or you could go with the second option: suck it up.

And I don't care how racist you think it is.

I don't even care if it is racist.

Is the flag hurting anyone?

No?

Then there's really nothing you can do.

It's not the fact that the show was pulled, it's how ridiculous this is getting.

A completely unoffensive show pulled because "m-muh feels! s-s-slavery"

get over yourselves. If you really cared about america you wouldnt be so wound up over the flag of a long dead confederacy 

I stated this in a previous thread: the meaning of things can change over time. Most people now see it as a sign of southern pride rather than white supremacy. The nazis twisted the swastika's meaning, a very old symbol.

Times change 

• Brohoof 3

The problem is, the Confederate flag is being used as a scapegoat. It's being used as an excuse, instead of solving the real issues, pure and simple. This was all sparked by an isolated incident. Before this, you didn't hear many, if any, complaints regarding the Confederate flag, and now that one isolated incident occurred, in which someone decided to like the flag to the incident, not only is it causing a huge uproar over an entirely separate issue, it is literally destroying an American icon.

What's going to happen is they're going to get rid of the Confederate flag, and they'll come to find out that getting rid of it does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to change the the way things go down south. They will try to use it as an excuse, get rid of it, and nothing changes from before, except there isn't a flag.

Instead of wasting time blaming the flag, figure out the real problem, and solve it.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

It is bullshit for a damn TV SHOW to be banned for a symbol that even the characters didn't like, but honestly, political correctness is just rapidly rising and I fear that there's nothing that can be done about it.

The Confederate Flag CAN be used as a symbol for racism, but not everyone uses it for that purpose. Some might just like the way it looks? I dunno, but if someone DOES use it to be racist, then they deserve a punch in the face.

Edited by Shenron00

Is this how pathetic we've become as a nation?

We're trying to ban a flag because some people have misused it. We're pulling a harmless TV show because it has the flag on a car.

People need to quit getting so butt hurt over a meaningless symbol.

It is bullshit for a damn TV SHOW to be banned for a symbol that even the characters didn't like, but honestly, political correctness is just rapidly rising and I fear that there's nothing that can be done about it.

The Confederate Flag CAN be used as a symbol for racism, but not everyone uses it for that purpose. Some might just like the way it looks? I dunno, but if someone DOES use it to be racist, then they deserve a punch in the face.

General rule should be one's actual intention is more important than others' interpretations.

Stop selling the flags at Walmart and ebay? Okay, doesn't bother me.

Stop flying them above government buildings? Again, I don't have a problem.

But if you're gonna stop airing reruns of "The Dukes of Hazzard" because of this shit, then NOW I HAVE A FUCKING PROBLEM.

For those of you who haven't heard: http://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/television/2015/07/01/dukes-hazzard/29572811/

I'll admit, banning a tv show.... Especially one as well established as The Dukes, over a flag is way too far.