Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your favourite country flag and why?

chirox the pony

Well I have to say Switzerland is just an all around beautiful country, also their flag is a big plus.

ch~.gif

BTW, to everyone sharing the Isle of Man; you guys are totally forgetting Sicily!

640px-Flag_of_Sicily_(revised).svg.png

Edited by HunterTSN
  • Brohoof 4

wca1218hf_-00_canada-flag-12-x-18-inch-s

I'm not really patriotic, but I really like the design of my country's flag. The vibrant contrast of red and white stripes with a maple leaf in the middle. Simple, and yet appealing.

wnp46hf_-00_nepal-flag-4-x-6-inch.jpg

But a flag that really gets my attention is the flag of Nepal. Firstly, note the shape of the flag. It's not a rectangle! They actually have documentation in their constitution as to how to make one of these flags by really detailed ratios. The flag has some interesting symbolism behind it too if you look into it.

• Brohoof 2

Sri Lanka's flag dates back to when the Mughal Empire ruled India, very cool.

991WbZf.jpg

Also, not really a country flag but cool all the same. The Austrian Grenadier Battalion Purcell Regiment had a good flag.

bwJm1wz.jpg

Edited by Pineapple
  • Brohoof 1

It's so simple, and it's a LEAF.

Canada is amazing because other countries say

United States: Our stars represent our 50 states and the red represents blah blah blah

Ireland: Our flag represents the different groups that make up Ireland and the peace between them blah blah blah

Japan: We are the land of the rising sun blah blah blah

Canada: OUR COUNTRY IS LITERALLY A MAPLE LEAF. WE F*CKING LOVE MAPLE SYRUP.  THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW. EVEN MILES AWAY YOU KNOW THAT WE LOVE MAPLE SYRUP. HOLY SHIT. DO YOU WANT SOME CANADIAN CUISINE HAVE SOME MAPLE SYRUP. CANADIAN TREE. MAPLE TREE.I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT THE COLORS MEAN I THINK ENGLAND GAVE THEM TO US? BUT I DO KNOW THAT O CANADA IS OUR HOME AND OUR NATIVE LAND BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY TRUE  GODDAMN MAPLE LOVE IN ALL THY SONS COMMAND.

And it's a very pretty flag with good colors and design, which makes the fact that it's a random plant far more amusing and grand.

• Brohoof 5

Quite obvious The United States of America

Every time I look at the flag I feel full of pride know I'm in The best dam country in the world. Sure we have our faults, but who doesn't?

"Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land. God bless the USA"

post-16202-0-86302900-1412995001.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Canada is amazing because other countries say

United States: Our stars represent our 50 states and the red represents blah blah blah

Ireland: Our flag represents the different groups that make up Ireland and the peace between them blah blah blah

Japan: We are the land of the rising sun blah blah blah

Canada: OUR COUNTRY IS LITERALLY A MAPLE LEAF. WE F*CKING LOVE MAPLE SYRUP.  THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW. EVEN MILES AWAY YOU KNOW THAT WE LOVE MAPLE SYRUP. HOLY SHIT. DO YOU WANT SOME CANADIAN CUISINE HAVE SOME MAPLE SYRUP. CANADIAN TREE. MAPLE TREE.I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT THE COLORS MEAN I THINK ENGLAND GAVE THEM TO US? BUT I DO KNOW THAT O CANADA IS OUR HOME AND OUR NATIVE LAND BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY TRUE  GODDAMN MAPLE LOVE IN ALL THY SONS COMMAND.

And it's a very pretty flag with good colors and design, which makes the fact that it's a random plant far more amusing and grand.

Quick correction, Canadians spell colour with a U. 

• Brohoof 1

Is it bad when I consider my country's flag the best one? I consider it the best one because of the colors, the story and, well, it's MY country, MY nation <3
75541.jpg

I don't know many flags also... But I like some like Germany, USA, England/Great Britain (dunno), Japan and Wales :D

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

(Just wondering if anybody had any favourite flags? Must only be a list of 5 maximum. You can have a reason why if you wish.

1) Union Jack (mother land)

union-jack2.jpg

2) Flag of Italy (my father's family originates from here) 

it-lgflag.gif

3) Europe (best continent in the world)

flag_yellow_low.jpg

4) Australia (I got family there)

Australia_flag.jpg

5) Wales (It has a dragon)

Flagbig.GIF

Edited by Lato
  • Brohoof 1

Oh  don't you dare talk about North Korea. >.<

South Korea. They have their own flags 

I heard North Korea have no women rights and stuff.

9e8135316418928274f3890891b41d78.jpg

Salute the South!

• Brohoof 1