Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Princess Cadance love?

SolyWack

Princess Cadence is such an underappreciated character. Celestia gets all the troll memes. Luna gets all the fan love, because redemptive characters are like a tractor beam to fans. I know they are to me *cough* Sunset Shimmer *cough*. Twilight is well... the main character of the show, what more do you want me to say?

But I think Princess Cadence is still a really cool character, she's funny, and laid back, not a stuck-up I'm-the-most-important-person-in-the-world type princess.

-She bowed to Spike when he needed the support, even though she is of much higher rank and status, just to make him feel better.

-She let her husband throw her at a raging shadow tyrant. (that's pretty badass if you didn't know)

-She does that weird jumping/singing thing with Twilight like they were still young.

-She joked about being super formal during Threes a Crowd

Maybe she doesn't have a whole lot of character development (neither does trollestia), but that doesn't stop her from being a thoroughly enjoyable character when she shows up. In my opinion she is an underappreciated supporting character. Lets show some love.

post-33575-0-41108500-1436733784.jpg

post-33575-0-59547400-1436733791.jpg

post-33575-0-79629600-1436733797.jpg

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Not a particular fan of Cadance personally (A Canterlot Wedding's my favorite episode, though), but here's a piece of fanart I liked:

675673__safe_solo_traditional+art_prince

Edited by Daring_Do
  • Brohoof 2

I often jokingly call Shining Armor "lucky bastard" because he has a nice mare like her for a wife. I like Cadence mainly because she is hot and because her relationship with Twilight is kind of adorable. There is speculation that she and Shining might have a baby, partly due to the release of the "Princess Skyla" toy a while back and if that did happen it could present some good character development opportunities for them as well as Twilight.

• Brohoof 1

Princess Cadence is such an underappreciated character. Celestia gets all the troll memes. Luna gets all the fan love, because redemptive characters are like a tractor beam to fans. I know they are to me *cough* Sunset Shimmer *cough*. Twilight is well... the main character of the show, what more do you want me to say?

But I think Princess Cadence is still a really cool character, she's funny, and laid back, not a stuck-up I'm-the-most-important-person-in-the-world type princess.

-She bowed to Spike when he needed the support, even though she is of much higher rank and status, just to make him feel better.

-She let her husband throw her at a raging shadow tyrant. (that's pretty badass if you didn't know)

-She does that weird jumping/singing thing with Twilight like they were still young.

-She joked about being super formal during Threes a Crowd

Maybe she doesn't have a whole lot of character development (neither does trollestia), but that doesn't stop her from being a thoroughly enjoyable character when she shows up. In my opinion she is an underappreciated supporting character. Lets show some love.

Trollestia gets hated on and causes people to hate the actual normal Celestia as fudge. :confused: Trollestia is to bash Celestia. What are you talking about? :confused:

But anyways, I agree Cadence doesn't get as much love but Cadence won second place as most popular princess on this poll on YouTube by The Brony Notion in case you didn't know. :D

And I'd love to have her as a sister-in-law as well if I was a pony in MLP or a babysitter if I was a filly in MLP. :D

• Brohoof 1

Trollestia gets hated on and causes people to hate the actual normal Celestia as fudge. :confused: Trollestia is to bash Celestia. What are you talking about? :confused:

It was really just a joke to show how she gets more attention then Cadence.
  • Brohoof 1

It was really just a joke to show how she gets more attention then Cadence.

Ah, okay then. That is quite true. Poor Cadence needs some more attention at the very least. Instead of being called a Mary Sue. :P

Princess-Cadence-my-little-pony-friendsh

• Brohoof 1

Where do you think the screen name came from? Cadance has been my best pony for a long time. Kind of like Twilight calling the CMC "full of potential", I don't think we've seen all the aspects of Cadance yet, and I'm really excited about that.

Now if we could get some Cadance emotes on the site...

• Brohoof 4

Ah, okay then. That is quite true. Poor Cadence needs some more attention at the very least. Instead of being called a Mary Sue. :P

sig-3931809.Princess-Cadence-my-little-p

I agree with that wholeheartedly. Mary Sue is a term user to describe perfect main characters. Side/Background/Support characters don't have to grow as much as protagonists or antagonists. So its alright if she has less problems than say Twilight does.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I agree with that wholeheartedly. Mary Sue is a term user to describe perfect main characters. Side/Background/Support characters don't have to grow as much as protagonists or antagonists. So its alright if she has less problems than say Twilight does.

I completely agree with that. Cadence isn't fully developed but she has great potential and quite interesting. She also has a bigger heart of gold than the other princesses. I swear "Mary Sue" is being misused nowadays. Sure, Cadence and Shining were randomly thrown in the show without any mention of them before but they're still interesting characters who help Twilight grow for sure.

cadence_and_twilight_by_goshhhh-d5xgf1d.

Edited by 5NightsAtFazbear

• 9 months later...

I never liked cadence.. Her power is not very strong and she is so annoying.. Alicorn twilight cutie mark looks way more powerful. Is Twilight stronger than cadence now that she is a princess?

I never liked cadence she is so weak and twilight is stronger than he.

Never been a fan of Cadance, it's not that I actively dislike her, I just don't actively like her.  She came out of nowhere and is the original supernumerary princess.  She's always come across to me as a cardboard cutout ponified Disney princess.  She does have potential of course, just like every other underdeveloped character does.  However, If I had to pick, I'd far rather see Celestia get some love from the writers than Cadance.

As far as princesses go, she definitely comes fourth out of four to me.

Edited by Concerned Bystander

I love Cadance! 

She has a muuuch better singing voice than Luna or Celestia (This day Aria is still like in my top 3 pony songs) 

Annnd I cosplay her sometimes! It's like a colorful burlesque version. 

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to see her flushed out more. She has real potential. I like her voice a lot. This Day Area was great as was You'll Play Your Part. (All of them are excellent singers and I love that song because of it.)