Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anyone know what Gen 2 and Gen 3 series is called?

Finia

Also, whats your opinion on Gen 3.5?. And is "My Little Pony Tales" sorta like Gen 1?. It looks dovey so i'ma watching it :twi:

Generation 1 was Generation 1, with the Witch that does evil things for no good reason from a long line of witches who does evil for no good reason. That line always stuck with me...

Generation 2 was Generation 1, but they called it My Little Pony Tales.

Generation 3 was Generation 1, but it had better graphics and no humans.

Generation 4 is Friendship is Magic/Equestria Girls.

Hope this helps.

(edited)

So Gen 2 is more referring to pony merchandises they sold. Learn new stuff everyday ^^

But there seems to be some slight differences from Gen 1, Gen 3 and Gen 3.5. Its cool to see the different aspects and changes :twi:

bcJ6X.jpg

Edited by Finia
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Yeah, the animations/cartoons don't precisely line up with the toy line, generation-wise. G1 had two independant cartoon series, where G2 didn't have any cartoons. The G3 and G3.5 ones weren't really a series. They were stand-alone movies and shorts that were packaged in with toys and don't have an official 'order of viewing'. Especially since exactly when G3 became G3.5 is kinda twitchy as there was an in-between stage called 'Core 7'. Basically G3 started out as a whole line of toys, and at a certain point Hasbro decided to cut it down to a core 7 characters. But they kept using the same molds/artstyle. Then sometime later they shifted to the bobble-head style in both the toys and animation. That's the official G3.5. But even with the artstyle shift, the animations seem to indicate that it's intended to be a continuation of the Core 7 stuff. It's all rather confusing.

• Brohoof 3

• 7 months later...
(edited)

Gen one had two series, My Little Pony and Friends and My Little Pony Tales. Two specials, Rescue at Midnight Castle and Escape From Catrina and My Little Pony the Movie.

Gen 2 had merchandise, no show.

Gen 3 had merchandise and a bunch of direct to DVDs, it also had the Ponyville ponies and Newborn Cuties.

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I'm not going to restate what's already been said, but G2 actually had one media adaptation. It was a video game released for PC in 1998 called Friendship Gardens.

Not sure what's worse, being shunned for being so bad, or being so bad that you were cancelled shortly after and you're left in the butthole of common knowledge :please: . I think is the latter, nothing more embarrassing than failing so much, that most people mistake you with a fail from a previous gen  :orly:  

The TV shows/movies don't exactly line up with the toy lines.

Generation 1: My Little Pony 'n Friends and My Little Pony Tales

Generation 2: I've seen this get debated. Some believe My Little Pony Tales was Gen 2, and others say it was Gen. 1. But for the most part, this generation had no TV series.

Generation 3: Many direct to DVD movies and specials, and I think the occasional TV movie. Newborn Cuties is part of this generation

Generation 4: Friendship is Magic and Equestria Girls

• Brohoof 1