Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

some questions >>

princess_twilight12

why cadence is an alicorn and a princess ??

where are celestia and luna's mother and father ??

how does prince blue blood is celestia's nephew ?

thanks ..

Cadence is an alicorn and a princess because she might have bred true- she's said to be the niece of Celestia and Luna.

Celestia and Luna's mother/father have never been seen on camera.

Prince Blueblood is Celestia's nephew in the same way that Cadence is the niece of Celestia- basically, we have no idea.

Please note that this is not the first time these questions have been asked. Thanks for asking, them, though. Willingness to learn and all of that :P

• Brohoof 1

thanks ..

Good questions. Since they deal with the show I'll move these over for you to Show Discussion.

• Brohoof 1

thanks ..

Q: Why is Cadance an Alicorn Princess?

A: Cadance was an Alicorn since birth and I believe all Alicorns are eventually made overlords "Princesses" at some point.

Q: Where are Celestia and Luna's Mom and Dad?

A: I don't think the show has touched on this yet.

Q: How is Prince Blue Blood Celestia's Nephew?

A: Family tree I guess.

• Brohoof 2

A: Cadance was an Alicorn since birth and I believe all Alicorns are eventually made overlords "Princesses" at some point.

A very heavily implied to be canon sidebook called Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell narrated Cadance's experiences that led her to be nominated to the status of a princess. In the story, much alike how Twilight was a unicorn prior and earned her wings, Cadance was a pegasus, earning her horn.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

thanks ..

Because Hasbro still wants to sell pink Celestia toys, err, I mean she found the Crystal Heart spell or what not when she was young and ascended.

Celestia and Luna's parents are either dead or they never existed and they were born out of the either.

I have no idea.

Edited by Sidral Mundet
  • Brohoof 3

Q: Why is Cadance an Alicorn Princess?

This is incorrect. If my sources (as in talking out of my bum) serve me right, in one of the books/comics Cadence was born a Pegasus, but she spread so much LOOOOOVVVVEEEE (Hint hint) that she was ascended to Alicornhood same as Twilight Sparkle.

• Brohoof 3

This is incorrect. If my sources (as in talking out of my bum) serve me right, in one of the books/comics Cadence was born a Pegasus, but she spread so much LOOOOOVVVVEEEE (Hint hint) that she was ascended to Alicornhood same as Twilight Sparkle.

Well, the comics are confirmed not to be canon, so this might be true, or it might not. If the comics ARE canon, that means Celestia had an affair with Tirek :P

• Brohoof 1

Lauren Faust, the show's creator, stated that Celestia does not have parents that outrank her, that Luna and Celestia have no siblings and no children, and that Blueblood is "the great great great great great great great great great great great (and probably even more greats) nephew on Celestia's and Luna's mother's side, about 52 times removed, roughly speaking."

Source

So let me get this straight. Celestia and Luna have no parents but Blueblood and Cadence are from their mother's side? :P

I know, I know. It's in the wording. Let me have my fun. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

thanks ..

Cadence was a pegesi who discovered a new type of magic and warped to the star plane. She basically did what Twilight did, only with Love and not the Elements of Harmony. Celestia adopted her as her niece at that point and named her a princess.

There were other alicorns besides Celestia and Luna when they were young as some of these alicorns taught them how to use their powers. its just assumed they died out but given that Celestia and Luna can stride dimensions (the star plane and the dreamscape respectively) I think they may have moved on somewhere else and left Celestia and Luna to watch over Equestria.

Prince is a title. Shining Armour is a prince and yet has no blood-line ties to the sisters but could be considered family to them because of his marraige to Cadience. Blueblood is no doubt descended from a similiar set of circumstances. After all, while the sisters apparently have no offspring. Marriage is something they might have tried over the last 1000 years XD

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, the comics are confirmed not to be canon, so this might be true, or it might not. If the comics ARE canon, that means Celestia had an affair with Tirek :P

They are still very much canon, the creators just said that if a piece of canon from the comics and a piece of canon from the show disagree, the show overrides the comic's canon.

Kind of like how State laws and Federal laws used to work.

Edited by AppleJack_Wack
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's not from the comics. It's a novel, directly tied with the show.

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy
  • Brohoof 1

That's kind of complicated. They aren't canon TO THE SHOW, but they are canon in their own timeline. Basically MLP has its own multiverse going on  :wacko:

If its officially from Hasbro its canon, just not part of the show continuity, if that makes even a lick of sense lol.

I was thinking of the shape shifting bird from Mlp g1, Pluma the Penma, the shapeshifter bird from Mlp ghost of paradise estate, maybe bring her into G4 mlp.

Just a thought.

That's kind of complicated. They aren't canon TO THE SHOW, but they are canon in their own timeline. Basically MLP has its own multiverse going on  :wacko:

If its officially from Hasbro its canon, just not part of the show continuity, if that makes even a lick of sense lol.

Oh yeah, sure. I was referring to show canon :) 

I read Marvel comics too, I'm used to multiple continuities XD