Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Fallout Equestria: Endeavor (Reboot)

Defender of Tomorrow

(edited)

I believe so, however you would need to tell me which spirit you would want to summon, the level of strength you're aiming for and what you have to barter with it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fsNLwKTWEt0pawFWLRzBtEPfvDQGitGPh8NN3Zk0xo4/edit?pli=1#

Just so we're on the same page, look at the shaminism/spirit section if you already haven't.

@@Steel Accord

Edited by Defender of Tomorrow
  • Brohoof 2

I believe so, however you would need to tell me which spirit you would want to summon, the level of strength you're aiming for and what you have to barter with it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fsNLwKTWEt0pawFWLRzBtEPfvDQGitGPh8NN3Zk0xo4/edit?pli=1#

Just so we're on the same page, look at the shaminism/spirit section if you already haven't.

@@Steel Accord

I have, the rules just stipulate I can bargain with already present spirits. Plus I really don't know what's happening right now. I get that the blood is feeding some eldritch abomination but could I have just a tad of a clue what kind of force I'm dealing with so I know what kind of spirit to summon? 

@@Steel Accord So are you going to attempt to summon a spirit of rage? (righteous rage, fire type of spirit)

Or did you have something else in mind?

I . . . honestly don't know what to do now. The in-character thing would be to fall to my knees in horror at what I've helped do.

I . . . honestly don't know what to do now. The in-character thing would be to fall to my knees in horror at what I've helped do.

Which is where Solar would fly right to him and twat him across the face yelling "GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN."

tumblr_leofwmUES81qznkh3o1_500.gif

• Brohoof 1

@@Steel Accord 

1.) Nothing you can do at the moment can stop it.

2.) Yes and no, a fire spirit would be the most "logical" thing to do because fire>plants. But in this case, the plants are resilient(and the characters don't know that yet!) to fire but not completely immune, however, ice would prove to be more useful...sort of.

@@Steel Accord 

1.) Nothing you can do at the moment can stop it.

2.) Yes and no, a fire spirit would be the most "logical" thing to do because fire>plants. But in this case, the plants are resilient(and the characters don't know that yet!) to fire but not completely immune, however, ice would prove to be more useful...sort of.

Ugh . . . all right. I'll still play it out of course. No metagaming. Wouldn't ice make things worse though as ice is also the equivalent of hatred?

Well doesn't Ezekiel have immense hatred towards these lunatics? And you're probably right anyways, hatred+chaos=bad news.

However, you don't need to necessarily summon a spirit of hatred to cast ice spells. 

@@Steel Accord

Meh, Ezekiel may feel disgust and moral outrage but that's not the same thing as hatred.

• Brohoof 1

It's pretty damn close :D

No I wouldn't say so. (And I wouldn't use that icon either.  :confused:)

Say someone said something you took offense to, and they keep saying it again and again, day in and day out. Like a schoolyard bully. They may make you angry, incensed even. You might go so far as to say you hate them, but that's not true hatred. Hatred can also never be born of moral outrage because hatred is divorced from principal.

No hatred, true hatred. Is something far uglier than mere wrath ever could be. Hatred is obsessive, compelling, repugnance at the hated person or thing's mere existence. Hatred can be expressed through rage but it can also be expressed with a haunting and disconcerting cool. 

Rage is a wildfire, uncontrolled, unfocused, barely motivated beyond keeping itself alight. When people calm down from rage, they are often horrified or at least regret on a practical level what they may have said or done out of rage. Hatred, on the other hand, can be methodical, patient, rehearsed. Hate is the reason the expression is "revenge is a dish, best served cold."

Kinda weird summoning spirits in an apocalyptic setting, but hey equestrias weird enough as it is.

People still make clothes and tools out of the scavenged scraps of old tech, they still live in the ramshackle ruins of the old world, they still struggle to survive with the most basic of means, and the Wasteland still breaks people down into the worst kind of monsters with it's extremes. This is STILL an apocalyptic setting, the spirits are just one more remnant of the old world that can be used.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

He's got you there

Technically I don't. I thought he was Enclave, he's a Ranger, the rest of my point still stands.

So what type of power is this fire spirit that you are trying to summon? (1-10) 

Given my low spirit affinity level (it's only 3) I'll try for 3 as that's the best I can do right now.

BTW, well said on differentiating hatred and rage.

Thank you, I like to think that I have at least a portion of the wisdom that Ezekiel represents.

And uh, Ranger isn't a pegasus, he's a steel ranger, an earth pony.

Noted and corrected. 

• Brohoof 1

Thank you, I like to think that I have at least a portion of the wisdom that Ezekiel represents.

I will say that's pretty insightful :o

It certainly explains my emotions for someone in my life :okiedokielokie:

No one on the forums of course :o

• Brohoof 1

I will say that's pretty insightful :o

It certainly explains my emotions for someone in my life :okiedokielokie:

No one on the forums of course :o

I don't claim to be a spiritual person, by the same logic that a man who must say he is the king evidently is no true king, but the majority of my life is spent on introspection, on thoughts and feelings. So I have attained some sliver of insight.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

So far, I think Ezekiel is the only character that is "spiritually awakened". So to him, he can see the spirit as it is, but to others, (unless I specify) will only feel temperature increases/decreases(and anything associated with the senses really) and spells shot out by the spirit.

Edited by Defender of Tomorrow
  • Brohoof 2

@@Unicorncob

Remember this:

So far, I think Ezekiel is the only character that is "spiritually awakened". So to him, he can see the spirit as it is, but to others, (unless I specify) will only feel temperature increases/decreases(and anything associated with the senses really) and spells shot out by the spirit.

Just in case.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1