Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Fallout Equestria: Endeavor (Reboot)

Defender of Tomorrow

(edited)

Gonna wait for everyone to clear the building before I post again, then we're off to ironshod firearms!

@@UnicornFilly Our roleplay tends to move very slowly, so there is a chance you won't see any interacts for a long while. If you want, we could play if off that your characters THOUGHT they had made it to ironshod firearms and were actually in a nearby shack where all our characters are at.\

@all.

So uh, UnicornFilly can't be tagged in my post apparently, and their name doesn't have a link to their profile page. Does this mean they got banned?

Edited by Defender of Tomorrow
  • Brohoof 1

My apologies then, I mistook your words for being that Solar could.

No worries, I understand ;)

So uh, UnicornFilly can't be tagged in my post apparently, and their name doesn't have a link to their profile page. Does this mean they got banned?

Oh uh...yeah I think so :o

A shame, really :(

• Brohoof 1

For the record I just want to apologize for my inactivity, have a lot of stuff on my plate. lots of prep for my bud's wedding as well as prepping for a move in two weeks. And with the quality of posting being made by everyone I don't feel posting on my phone is sufficient due to typos as well as I tend to post short post with my phone.

• Brohoof 3

@@Defender of Tomorrow,

Actually, I'm not complaining but am I the only one who's noticed Salvation's had a bit of a change? Before they were some paramilitary junta trying to cleanse the Wasteland for a reason we never really found out. Now they are a cult trying to summon basically the Lovecraftian version of the Smooze.

*Remembers Friendship is Witchcraft*  :wacko:

Hey . . . . . . waaaaait a minute!

Anyway, again I'm not actually complaining because I thought they were too close to being the Enclave before anyway I'm just wondering why the change in motif and seeming uppage of the more overtly religious tones and themes.

• Brohoof 1

@@Defender of Tomorrow,

Actually, I'm not complaining but am I the only one who's noticed Salvation's had a bit of a change? Before they were some paramilitary junta trying to cleanse the Wasteland for a reason we never really found out. Now they are a cult trying to summon basically the Lovecraftian version of the Smooze.

*Remembers Friendship is Witchcraft*  :wacko:

Hey . . . . . . waaaaait a minute!

Anyway, again I'm not actually complaining because I thought they were too close to being the Enclave before anyway I'm just wondering why the change in motif and seeming uppage of the more overtly religious tones and themes.

I don't know the answer to that but I can make a guess. The actions of the cult version seems a whole lot more achievable by normal wastelander folks. The military version had access to power armor,tanks, and the ability to make a virus!!! Their ability to get ridiculously rare equipment and not get zerg rushed by rangers baffled me. So it was probably to make it seem more believable, well as believable equestria gets anyway.

Edited by Ranger22
  • Brohoof 1

Well in our last RP the only encounter we had with Salvation was the tank guys. We never really got far enough for me to implement the cultist scene I had in mind so to you guys it looked more militaristic than religious. 

So for the reboot I started with a cultist scene to give this faction more reason to pursue and despise because nobody found a reason to pursue them(other than the tank guys) in the rp. As for the uppage of more religious tomes and themes is for foreshadowing purposes behind the true nature of the cult.

• Brohoof 1

Well in our last RP the only encounter we had with Salvation was the tank guys. We never really got far enough for me to implement the cultist scene I had in mind so to you guys it looked more militaristic than religious. 

So for the reboot I started with a cultist scene to give this faction more reason to pursue and despise because nobody found a reason to pursue them(other than the tank guys) in the rp. As for the uppage of more religious tomes and themes is for foreshadowing purposes behind the true nature of the cult.

That's a good point, smart move :P

@@Ranger22

Just waiting on you now. Oh, and just another reminder to all, if you feel like I should include more...hmm say like more skill-related activities feel free to suggest. Like at ironshod firearms, I have a few lockpicking and science attempts lined up for you all!

I wouldn't mind those as long as their challenge rating is presented, done in, and solved with the context of the situation rather than a number count.

@@Ranger22

Just waiting on you now. Oh, and just another reminder to all, if you feel like I should include more...hmm say like more skill-related activities feel free to suggest. Like at ironshod firearms, I have a few lockpicking and science attempts lined up for you all!

Thanks for the explanation, I was mainly complaining about their technology level and lack of reaction. Maybe make them have a more simple armament supplemented with heavy magic use. that would still make them a threat but not one with questionable gear acquirement.

Thanks for the explanation, I was mainly complaining about their technology level and lack of reaction. Maybe make them have a more simple armament supplemented with heavy magic use. that would still make them a threat but not one with questionable gear acquirement.

Well the Talon Company had accessed to missile launchers, explosives, and energy weapons. Salvation in this incarnation may not be so militarized but that material could still be scavenged from a military base or something.

I couldn't believe what was happening, did my eyes deceive? Summoning,conjuring, magic?!?! How was this happening in the lands that have long forgotten and forsaken ancient magical entities. An entity that shone brightly like the sun at morn. Beautiful yet powerful shades of orange,red, and yellow made up its simple body.

Ahem!

So far, I think Ezekiel is the only character that is "spiritually awakened". So to him, he can see the spirit as it is, but to others, (unless I specify) will only feel temperature increases/decreases(and anything associated with the senses really) and spells shot out by the spirit.

Also is "magic" really so surprising? Unicorns didn't go extinct after the bombs fell. (Boy, that's something I didn't think I'd say today.)

(edited)

@Ranger22

You can't see the spirits since your character isn't spiritually attuned. At most you can only see concentrated waves of heat [with high perception like 7-8], but you cannot see them unless I specify. Sounds might unfair, I know, but thats the price you have to pay when you're not in with the spirits.

Well, I'm still going to post, however, I expect you to edit when you can.

Edited by Defender of Tomorrow
  • Brohoof 1

@Ranger22

You can't see the spirits since your character isn't spiritually attuned. At most you can only see concentrated waves of heat [with high perception like 7-8], but you cannot see them unless I specify. Sounds might unfair, I know, but thats the price you have to pay when you're not in with the spirits.

Well, I'm still going to post, however, I expect you to edit when you can.

Woops didn't notice that tid bit, thanks for reminding me. I tried to imagine the rage spirit looking like the rage demons from dragon age. Simple shape yet with a strong presence. I'll try to redo the post and I really like how you handle the spirits here.

• Brohoof 1

Woops didn't notice that tid bit, thanks for reminding me. I tried to imagine the rage spirit looking like the rage demons from dragon age. Simple shape yet with a strong presence. I'll try to redo the post and I really like how you handle the spirits here.

Not to drag Defender down, nor tute my own horn, but both he and I are working off of what is said in the rules for the PnP and a slight bit of my personal interpretation.

Not to drag Defender down, nor tute my own horn, but both he and I are working off of what is said in the rules for the PnP and a slight bit of my personal interpretation.

Hey at least you gave me clarification on how your doing things here and I thank you for that. I edited my post a tiny bit to make it more the way you intended it. Now Hazel doesn't know its a being but still knows something bad is going to happen.

• Brohoof 1

Suddenly there was a change of color in the room that shone brightly like the sun at morn. Beautiful yet powerful shades of orange,red, and yellow filled the room and burned my eyes.

I don't know that still seems like a very visual description of something you allegedly can't see. I'll let it slide, but I would be remise not to bring it up.

Edited by Steel Accord

Was he using recreational drugs like she'd heard about from her parents? Not that they used them, of course. Just picked up some hearsay.

Oh . . . I see how it is.  :okiedokielokie:

Just because I'm a zebra, who has dreadlocks, then I MUST be a Rastafari.

sig-4017050.mlfw3586-1331527046626.gif

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1