Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Have you ever like a "bad" movie?

TigerGeekGuy

I don't mean ones that are so bad they're good. I mean ones that seemingly everyone else dislikes to the point that it can be considered "bad." I personally like Eight Legged Freaks, I thought the laughing spiders were hilarious and proved that the film writers didn't take it too seriously. I also like The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, I thought it was rather inspirational.

Have you ever liked/loved a "bad" movie? Why?

Edited by AnotherTigerGeekGuy
  • Brohoof 1

I liked Silent Hill Revelations which according  to film critics and Silent Hill Fans, is the worst thing that could ever happen to the franchise  :lol:

I found this movie to be totally amazing  :love:  I loved how the Otherworlds looked, i loved that they were almost all places included from the game, all the references, and the two awesome fights in between, the scary nurse scene, that they created new monsters for the film, that didnt appear in any of the games ( as far as i can tell ), the fantastic music and i liked the actors. I found the movie  to be a great sequel  B)

The only thing i found bad about it was, that the character Claudia didnt appear that much in the movie, i was always thinking : And now comes Claudia ! No..? But now!! Now?? No....?Please?

Oh yeah, and a few Silent Hill Fans said about me, that i wouldnt be a real silent hill fan if i would like this movie  :confused: ( you know, this typical youtube comments  >_> )

Pfff, i dont care if they dont accept me as a fan, because i know that im silent hill fan  :lol:

• Brohoof 3

Obligatory The Room answer

I really liked Space Jam back when I was little. It was the movie that introduced me to the looney tunes. 

I'm well aware of the movie's problems. It's a blatant *insert brand name* elongated commercial, the characters' personalities are inconsistent, the plot makes no sense. I still like it for some reason.

Edited by Freegator
  • Brohoof 2

I have. I used to be obsessed over the movie The Howling 2. It wasn't the story I liked so much but some of the ideas they used like a werewolf cult with rituals or how a female werewolf lured some men into an empty wherehouse and stalked and killed them.

• Brohoof 1

Home on the Range and Barnyard.

They're two cow related animated movies that I like but a lot of people dislike.

I also like Adam Sandler's movies but many users here seem to like them as well.

Edited by ThePiDay
  • Brohoof 1

I liked watching Waterworld. I don't quite get the hate for it. 

I'm also a fan of the Street Fighter movie. Good fight scenes, decent screentime for all characters, action everywhere and a good performance of M.Bison by Raul Julia. 

I thought Daredevil was a good film. I watched it more than a few times as a kid. 

Believe it or not, I liked the 1998 Godzilla film alot more than the 2014 one. 

I'm a fan of The Crow franchise, and while I've only seen one other film, The Crow 3: Salvation, I thought it was a rather well done film and would've been worthy of a theatrical release. 

A straight to VHS film that probably wouldn't hold up by today's standards is My Magical Dog. It looks like it was shot on a home camcorder by a high school film crew, but I remember it being a fun moving film. 

And speaking of dog films, one film that seems to get pretty mixed response is Fluke. I love that film and it's one of the few movies that almost brought me to tears. 

• Brohoof 1

I loved the movie "Problem Child" as a kid and still love it now, even if I do think it's incredibly corny and plays like every other generic family film ever

I loved Good Burger even though even one thinks it's shit.

Good Burger was my jam son

Without a doubt!

Batman_%26_robin_poster.jpg

To be blunt, Batman & Robin completely sucks, specifically the oversexualized costume design, lame puns, and nonsensical script.

But I still love it. Of the four pre-2000s live-action Batman movies in this canon, this is still my most favorite.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

The Angry Video Game Nerd movie for me. It may just be my AVGN bias, but while I can see what people mean by the rather bland side characters and poor pacing, I honestly feel for a movie with a budget of not even half a million dollars, it does what it's aiming for pretty well.

• Brohoof 2

The Star Wars Prequels - Now don't get me wrong, the original trilogy is far superior in terms of writing and acting, but I think that there were merits to the prequels that tend to be overlooked, like the action scenes (the lightsaber duel at the end of The Phantom Menace, the chase through Coruscant, etc). Even though most of the acting was flat, Ewan Mcgregor and Ian McDiarmid were able to showcase some personality in their roles.
  • Brohoof 3

Well, I quite liked the first Ghost Rider movie (although everyone including me knows that they could've done better than Nic Cage). The second one was... nonsensical... but I didn't mind it. But yeah, I quite liked the first movie actually. I also like Home. It's not classed as a particularly 'bad' movie, but it's received mixed reviews. But I really liked it, I thought it was funny, touching, and even quite different to other movies with similar storylines. Oh yes, and I also love Jurassic Park 2 and 3.

Edited by Wolves
  • Brohoof 1

The Angry Video Game Nerd movie for me. It may just be my AVGN bias, but while I can see what people mean by the rather bland side characters and poor pacing, I honestly feel for a movie with a budget of not even half a million dollars, it does what it's aiming for pretty well.

Gonna second this. AVGN movie gets a lot of hate, and I don't really understand why. It elicited quite a few laughs from me; I liked it so much that I even watched it again with my girlfriend, and she found it funny as well. To me it's a perfectly good low-budget film.

• Brohoof 1