Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Mystery in Manehatten

Scare Effect

"Yes!  THAT was polite!  As for your answer, let's just say I'm gonna pause for... EFFECT."

She stood up slowly, then swiveled her head as the door opened.

"Silent Blade, I finally found you." 

The pink pony blinked.  Once.  Twice.  Thrice.

"I don't remember ordering another assassin to try to assassinate me this time; wow - ASSASSIN BUDDIES!"

She resumed smiling like a lunatic, then with a 'sproing' sound, she leapt through the window.  Oddly enough, the glass didn't shatter until after the strange pink pony had already hit the ground outside.

"Missed me missed me now ya gotta KISS me!"

And just like that, she was gone.  An after breeze whipped discarded papers and other garbage down the street in her wake.

"Damn she got away again!" the cloaked pony yelled in frustration then she turned and ran out of the office and dissappeared into the streets below.

Scare watched the events but was not registering them. she was shocked from the anwser to the riddle. nut she was knocked out of her trance by the ringing of her clock, looking at the time it was 7:30 am, putting the letter and device in her desk she got up and left her office locking it behind her. leaving the building she headed toward a small cafe to get some coffee.

"I could use some coffee, I hope Banner decides to get up soon" he says to himself as he is about to leave the apartment "Banner I'm going out for coffee then work, get up soon ok?" Banner made a loud grunting noise from the bedroom "I have no idea how you live like you do" he says leaving then headed to the cafe where he had gone almost every morning then entered. he ordered a normal coffee with sugar and a muffin then sat down near the window "this place makes me want to visit Prance, I bet that won't happen anytime some"

Once at the cafe Scare ordered a coffee frappe and grabbed a newspaper. she satdown at near the window and opened the newspaper to the current events section which read:

HOOOFBALL SUPERSTAR FOUND DEAD ON DETROT AVE.

"Looks like that pink lunatic had claimed another victim last night." Scare said to herself taking a sip of her frappe.

Chain heard from behind him a voice then looked behind him to see a mare reading a news paper how was looking at the headline "wait what are you talking about?" Chain said getting a feeling that was weird, like he met her before "how are you?" he asked trying to remember what it was he was thinking of

Scare looked up from her newspaper and turned to look at Chain."oh my name is Scare Effect, and I was talking about a murderer who is on the loose. anyway whats your name." Scare asked with a friendly smile.

outside atop a building in manehatten the cloaked mare with the red eyes was on a roof top watching Scare and Chain talk to one another, one day I will fulfill my promise, She thought to herself as she continued to watch.

Chain gave Scare a blank stare then snapped out of it "my name is Chain and how could you say that with a strait face?" he said a little worried that he started a conversation with a bit of an insane mare, that he relived Banner talked about all the time. oh course she meets some pony more crazy than her then goes head over heels he thought

"Oh I am a detective so it kinda doesn't faze me. also i think i heard Banner mention you when we talked last night, it's nice to meet you." Scare said with a smile. she got up and walked over to chains table and sat down. "So how the blacksmith business these days?"

"I got a lot more business since moving here, apparently I made some sort of trend or something, that or I just make good products that ponies like" he said thinking a bit about what she said "so what is going on about those murders? do you guys need more of my magic sapping chains again? I would gladly do it...for quite a few bits but still" he said thinking about how those chains selling really well. good think I came up with it first! he thought

"Well the murders are being done by a pink pegasus mare named Silent Blade, and i don't think your magic sapping hand cuffs would work on her, but thanks for the offer." Scare said to Chain then took a sip of her frappe."anyway how did you meet Banner if you don't mind me asking."

Chain drank a bit of his coffee when Scare asked when he met Banner which got him thinking about some of his first few days of school "I had some aggressive bullies at elementary school, they were the full attack kind, Banner helped get rid of them with a few...choice words and a punch in the face" Chain chucked a bit "it was luck for me to find her and same goes for her, if I didn't meet her I probably never get out there or take any intimidation" he sipped his coffee "If she didn't meet me...I think she would be a brute with no kind of kind feelings, her step parents were kind of brutal with teaching her the way to fight and respect"

"That is sweet so you two were friends for a long time." Scare said then let out a sad sigh."I wish i remembered how i met her, you see i have a strange case of amnesia where i forgot everything about my past. so i can't remember that day or how we met at all at all which is sad."

"I bet she knows a bit about what you were before, she won't shut up about it to me" he chuckled "So what are you going to do now? I bet I can help in some way, anything for a friend of Banners...I bet she would help to, its almost in her nature to do the right thing most of the time" he remembers back to a time at school "even if she is very blunt about it" he mumbles then takes another sip

"that would be nice to get some help. how about you and Banner come by my office around 5pm and we can talk about how you two can help me out with this case." Scare said as she placed a business card on the table and got up."the address is on the card,see you then." Scare walks out of the cafe

at least I know she is a detective...I have to close up shop early now and have to tell Banner about this Chain thought then left the cafe as well heading to the hotel for a quick stop

*meanwhile*

Banner got up about 1:00 pm in the afternoon "uhhh" she moaned "this stuff is not good for my sleep" she said as she got out of bed. Banner looked at a note on the fridge that said 'if you want to help scare with the murders then go here' the note had scares businesses card attached to it "...yep my day is planed" she said to herself then walked out the building happy and ready to start the day...evening.

4:50 pm. the clock on Scare's desk said as she waited for Banner and chain to arrive. on her desk was the letter and the device she used to translate it.Hopefully this F character was right about me being able to trust Banner, well i do but i do need to be cautious, Scare thought as she sat at her desk and waited.

"crap crap crap crap crap crap!" he repeated as he ran to the office and as he did he saw Banner walking casually to the office. when he got to the door of Scares office "what took you so long?" "I never had to do thins before and you have all the time in the world to get her!" he yelled "whatever lets just go inside" she says entering in the room "were here! what do you need us for?"

"Good now that you are here i will tell you this now you are not allowed to speak of what we duscuss here with anypony else. now with that out of the way." Scare said as she got up from her desk, Grabbed the device, and walked over to Banner and Chain."I have something I need Banner's help with on my desk and Chain I need you to try and figure out what this is made out of." Scare hands Chain the device." you can use the lab nextdoor if you need too"

"got it Scare" she said waiting for Scare to say what she needed to do. Chain looked at the device and could not tell what it was made of or even what it was from first glance "that lab sounds good right about now, give me at most half an hour, if I cant find out by then, then I don't think this it made of anything in equestria" he walked into the other room to do some tests "you don't mind if it gets damaged a little right?"

Edited by Yoshikupo

(edited)

"It is a translator that translated the thing i am gonna show Banner so please be careful it is a useful tool but it can be damaged a little bit but it must stay in working order" Scare said to Chain, then showed Banner the letter. "now Banner I need you to help me by Telling me what this letter is talking about at the end, the list."

Edited by Scare Effect

"hmm...well this may be weird and a little to fast for you but, Broken heart is your sister, Dramatic is the same, Chaotic is some friend of yours...I think, and Fracture was part of the group we were in at the desert, I have no idea why he would be there" she admitted then saw the 'F' on the bottom of the note "I don't think Fracture wrote this, so it would have to be another pony that's name starts with F" she says.

"So i have sisters well that doesn't surprise me kinda expected that much. any way Banner did i know anypony whose name starts with an F anypony friends, family, enemies anypony." Scare Asked i a questioning tone."If not thats fine I just want to see if they can help us."

As Scare and Banner talked, Chain worked diligently with the device in the lab, trying to get it to reveal its secrets while doing his best to keep from actually destroying the thing.  He was fascinated with it - it was unlike anything he'd ever seen before.  He was completely absorbed into his work... so absorbed that he didn't see the length of rope fall by the window, leaving a strand of it hanging down to the ground.

The rope twitched.  A moment passed, and it twitched again.  It gave another twitch, and another, and yet another.

Little by little, from the top of the windowsill a pair of wheels came into view.  As Chain continued to examine the device, the wheels sunk lower until what they were attached to came into view: an almost cartoony-classic cannon, tied to the rope and being slowly lowered to the window's height from above.  It was metal, smooth and probably heavy, as the rope was rather thick.  On it's side, written in sloppily-made pink paint letters, were the words PARTY CANNON. It lined up perfectly with the window, and another smaller rope led from the back of it, up and out of sight past the window.  This cord twitchy-twitched a bit.  Then it yanked hard, directly upward.

Scare and Banner heard a massive BOOM from the laboratory next door.

"I think I know how it is, its-" "HOLY F%#&ING CELESTIA!" Chain said as a loud Boom came from the laboratory next door "Chain! I can tell you about how Fear is later right now we have to go help Chain" she said to scare before galloping into the Lab seeing it almost entirely destroyed "Chain!" she called out with no response

Scare followed Banner into the lab She scanned the rubble and spotted Chain's hoof. She ran over to him and began lifting the rubble off of him."He is over here he is unconcious but he will be okay if we can get him to the hospital." Scare said as she lifted Chain onto her back.

• Brohoof 1