Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Opinions on FiM's Intro?

Yufery

It's ok. The Sicilian one has already been mentioned but honorable mention to the Japanese one

I much prefer this one and find it impossible not to jig along to it.

I think there are 4 or 5 but this is the best in my opinion. Still I wish we had the same variety as they do.

Edited by QuirkyUsername
  • Brohoof 2

As a Sicilian, I must say that I prefer this version much better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ablzYL9En5s

Reminds me of an anime intro even though it's Italian! I love it! XD

It's ok. The Sicilian one has already been mentioned but honorable mention to the Japanese one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukCYa6BbyYA

I much prefer this one and find it impossible not to jig along to it.

I think there are 4 or 5 but this is the best in my opinion. Still I wish we had the same variety as they do.

It's great. I gotta say it  is amazing.

I actually kinda like the intro.

• Brohoof 1

Not too different from most, from what I've read. I don't particularly care for it. I don't necessarily mute my computer, but I do turn down the volume until it's over. Of course, I imagine it's because I'm still a rather new brony. It's not that I don't like it, I really don't mind it, but it makes me feel very self-conscious. Even when I'm alone, I turn it down. Because it's repetitive chanting of the show's title makes sure to remind me what exactly I'm watching.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really mind it, but I've gotten tired of it after seeing it over a hundred times.

And yes, it felt a bit cringey to me when I first became a brony, but I've gotten used to it.

• Brohoof 1

I think it sucks, and keeping (the first 5 seconds of) the original theme was a mistake. I think something like the italian intro would've done a better job at setting the tone.

Edited by SpaceOnion
  • Brohoof 1

The only complaint I have with the intro is that the volume level is louder compared to the rest of the show. I always have to grab the remote to turn it down to comfortable levels; It gets annoying to do that

• Brohoof 1

I thought some English Pokemon song intros would fit well for FIM Intro if it includes the concepts of friendship, minus "Pokemon" said in the song. Rival Destinies song sounds good.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 1

As a Sicilian, I must say that I prefer this version much better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ablzYL9En5s

I've recently been curious to what the fandom thought of the show's intro. I personally think it's a decent intro. Lyrics aren't the best, but I mean the main reason I like it is more so for the instrumentals and ForOrchestra's remix of it. So I mean I suppose I'm not a huge fan, but overall I don't think it's a horrible intro.

Anyways, what do you all think of it?

Honestly I think it is a little corny. "My little pony, my little pony..ah ah AH AH my little pony! I used to wonder what friendship could be!.." I don't really know. I mean, it could be a lot worse, but I can understand why the theme song can drive someone nuts. But then again it's directed towards girls, so what do you expect?

• Brohoof 2

One thing that the Equestria girls series has over FIM: Since its not "technically" My little ponies, they're free to make up whatever music they want without being shackled by that horrible 80s MLP jingle.
It allows them to have some decent music at least for the intros and themes if nothing else.

(On that note, I fully expect the 2017 movie will do a remix of the god awful MLP jingle for its intro)

Honestly I think it is a little corny. "My little pony, my little pony..ah ah AH AH my little pony! I used to wonder what friendship could be!.." I don't really know. I mean, it could be a lot worse, but I can understand why the theme song can drive someone nuts. But then again it's directed towards girls, so what do you expect?

Yeah, pretty much this.

• Brohoof 1

One thing that the Equestria girls series has over FIM: Since its not "technically" My little ponies, they're free to make up whatever music they want without being shackled by that horrible 80s MLP jingle.

It allows them to have some decent music at least for the intros and themes if nothing else.

The first Equestria Girls actually had the MLP theme song remixed as its intro.