Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

About Log-In

Deae Rising Shine~
Go to solution Solved by Lavo,

Hello^^

I'm a bit confused and worried. Yesterday morning, I had to log in trough Poniverse into the forums ... so nothing unusual. However, when giving in my password, it showed me my password and not just **** as it.

And since yesterday afternoon, I just need to click on Log In and get directly to my account, without giving in my log in name and password.

Is that a problem right now or am I the only one with that problem?

• Brohoof 2

, that was a small bug that we experienced yesterday, which made the dots that normally made the password hidden invisible, thus making it as visible as your username. Feld0 was quickly pinged about this issue:

Feld0 - Monday 09:22

> This should be an easy fix.

Feld0 - Monday 09:36

> Fixed now?

Lightwing - Monday 09:54

> Fixed

And it has been fixed since yesterday, so it's normal that you didn't found more problems(in fact, it's a good thing) c:

• Brohoof 1

Well, my problem right now is, that I'm not even get into the log-in screen.

I press sign up and then get directly into my account, without giving name and password.

When you say 'sign up' do you mean sign in?

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, sorry tought it means sign up^^'

If you're not needing to sign in after navigating away from the site, that's working as intended. If you sign out and you're still able to fully access your account, that's when it's a problem.

• Brohoof 2

I always sign out when leaving, like to work or sleeping. Turning laptop off too.

Usually when I then come on again, the pattern is like this

-Going to MLPForums

-Pressing Sign In

-Giving name, password in and then press sign in

-Logged in

But since yesterday afternoon it's like this

-Going to MLPForums

-Pressing Sign In

-Logged in

Technically, everyone at home, who would go to MLPForums for whatever reason and press "Sign In" would be directly logged in, wihout need to give in the password.

• Brohoof 1

I always sign out when leaving, like to work or sleeping. Turning laptop off too.

Usually when I then come on again, the pattern is like this

-Going to MLPForums

-Pressing Sign In

-Logged in

But since yesterday afternoon it's like this

-Going to MLPForums

-Pressing Sign In

-Logged in

Technically, everyone at home, who would go to MLPForums for whatever reason and press "Sign In" would be directly logged in, wihout need to give in the password.

Have you tried stay signed in? :? 

• Brohoof 1

I don't like to stay signed, while away for house.

I was now over 8 hours offline, NOT signed and laptop off

Again, I come on, press "Sign In" and directly get signed in, without giving password in.

I feel not safe like this ...

i tested it a little with Microsoft edge and I saw that after you've signed in once and the signned out  and then press sign in   again it doesnt ask passwords or account names and it straight goes logged in and I saw that if you clear the cookies and site informations, it forwards you to the poniverse login page  where you need to input the information

• Brohoof 1

This isn't a bug.

When you login to MLP Forums you are required to login to Poniverse.net. Poniverse.net is the central site that all of our sites use for authentication, one Poniverse account can seamlessly log you into another one of our sites. If you are already logged into Poniverse.net and you click Sign In on the forums, Poniverse.net will automatically redirect you here as you are signed in there. Logging out of MLP Forums, will not log you out of Poniverse.net, neither will logging out of Poniverse.net log you out of MLP Forums.

During the weekend I pushed out a big update to Poniverse.net to upgrade it to the latest version of the framework it was built on, in this upgrade it contained a fix for 2 year old bug that went unnoticed until recently, the remember me checkbox on the login page had never worked.

In the future, you can either sign out of both sites, which would be the recommended way, or ensure the remember me checkbox is not checked on Poniverse.net when logging in and your login session will end when you close your browser.

• Brohoof 6

This isn't a bug.

When you login to MLP Forums you are required to login to Poniverse.net. Poniverse.net is the central site that all of our sites use for authentication, one Poniverse account can seamlessly log you into another one of our sites. If you are already logged into Poniverse.net and you click Sign In on the forums, Poniverse.net will automatically redirect you here as you are signed in there. Logging out of MLP Forums, will not log you out of Poniverse.net, neither will logging out of Poniverse.net log you out of MLP Forums.

During the weekend I pushed out a big update to Poniverse.net to upgrade it to the latest version of the framework it was built on, in this upgrade it contained a fix for 2 year old bug that went unnoticed until recently, the remember me checkbox on the login page had never worked.

In the future, you can either sign out of both sites, which would be the recommended way, or ensure the remember me checkbox is not checked on Poniverse.net when logging in and your login session will end when you close your browser.

So, all I need to do is logging out here AND poniverse from now on? Alright, thanks, I try it out

• Brohoof 1