Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Humans in Equestria rp ideas.

Shadowrunner

Hello, I was wondering of the people here thought of "Us in Equestria" Rp's Where should they start, what scale should the ponies be compared to us, What should our condition for being brought there be (Anomaly, intent of Celestia, Summoned by a lesser group) As well as why we were summoned if it was on purpose. Just wanted to ask around a little and get a few ideas. 

Well I'll throw this out: no human and pony romance, just keep it friendship.   That always kinda is creepy when it happened in a few rps i was part of in and out... :lie:   Perhaps taking a page of EQ girls in a magical necklace or item is in the human world and somehow the magic takes a few humans to the pony world.  I'd aim for small in size a bit in throwing also a feeling of slice of life but also a good quest theme work.

Well I'll throw this out: no human and pony romance, just keep it friendship.   That always kinda is creepy when it happened in a few rps i was part of in and out... :lie:   Perhaps taking a page of EQ girls in a magical necklace or item is in the human world and somehow the magic takes a few humans to the pony world.  I'd aim for small in size a bit in throwing also a feeling of slice of life but also a good quest theme work.

That sounds like it would work rather well. What about starting areas. 

um, I was thinking of an abandon place, that looks like an equestrian version of Stonehenge, 

That would make sense, perhaps tied to why we were brought there or what brought us. 

Edited by Shadowrunner

It's another day in the life of your character. Preferably a life where the character is down on his/her luck, or isn't entirely satisfied with their current lifestyle. (Think Luke Skywalker.) One day, s/he has a questionably realistic-feeling dream about Equestria (and is able to conveniently sleep for eight to sixteen hours now). The next day seems like another regular day. That is until s/he notices men in suits who appear to be tailing him/her. Eventually, a car pulls up to him/her, and the driver tells him/her to get in. Suddenly, the men start running towards the protagonist, so s/he likely either complies, or gets kidnapped by the agents. Or maybe his/her family is attacked. ("Wait Luke! It's too dangerous!") The protagonist will learn about the recent discovery of other dimensions, and that they are an anomaly known as a "rift jumper" (shut up), and they're now mixed up in a big conspiracy or something.

Or maybe do some other (potentially) thought-provoking narrative with a mystery element to it. Or at least, something to break up all the cliched self-insertion scenarios done for the sake of escapism rather than storytelling.

Edited by SpaceOnion
  • Brohoof 1

just a possibility, not saying it's going to happen, but maybe went to bed and woke up there, and are trying to find out what happen. But I'm not the creator

I've seen that done a bit, i think a good idea is pulling humans from other nations might be a good idea.

• 3 weeks later...

there could be a more adventurous rp where humans that actually like how things are going in life are pulled in and they are banding  together to find a way out while trying not to get killed by various hazzards. 

Or SoL where the humans are waiting for research to be done on the thing that took them there and they are just trying to make due till a way back is discovered.

I just never liked the human is unsatisfied with life and goes to Equestria thing because it seems to typically lead to the Humans are evil bastards trope most of the time and Sure there are the share of evil bastards on earth but not the whole population is killing each other for resources.

Sorry just got on the soapbox there for a sec.