Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sea Ponies

Deidre Asada

Really?

I think the majority of you are being really pathetic.

First off, Hasbro would have to allow the FiM team permission to use them, after all, they only let Lauren use a few of the original ones, like applejack for example. She had to completely re-design the characters and tweak/merge different ones, etc.

I think you're all being very close minded about it all really. They wont repeat the same singing things... because once again, copyright issues.

If they were re-designed, I'm pretty certain they'd have hooves instead of those fins, so it's not like they'd look bad anyway.

Something like this for example:

Pixel art ofcourse ;D

Posted Image

Yeah, I know I was probably exaggerating just a little bit, but it was just all in good fun. I'm sure if Lauren Faust introduces them to the series, they'll be perfectly fine, not like the terrible monstrosities they were in G1 (LOL :P )

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I know I was probably exaggerating just a little bit, but it was just all in good fun. I'm sure if Lauren Faust introduces them to the series, they'll be perfectly fine, not like the terrible monstrosities they were in G1 (LOL :P )

I don't think ANYTHING from the MLP universe is going to ever look as bad as G1/4 ever again... hopefully xD

But yeah :3 I know what you mean. Though... I wonder if there would even be a beach near ponyville... since it's right next to wood... you only ever see woods and beaches close to each other in things like minecraft.. aha xD

• Brohoof 1

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWUP5QxdwPg

Why would you want to mix god awful previous Generations in Generation 4?!??!

First of all. HAHAHAHA *catches breath* Second. I think Kaze has a point. G4 does have some updated elements from the previous generations. Rainbow Dash is an updated Firefly. Twilight's mom might be the ORIGINAL Twilight. The best example would definately be Applejack. She went from Derpy-like klutz to . .

. . . THAT!

I don't think ANYTHING from the MLP universe is going to ever look as bad as G1/4 ever again... hopefully xD

But yeah :3 I know what you mean. Though... I wonder if there would even be a beach near ponyville... since it's right next to wood... you only ever see woods and beaches close to each other in things like minecraft.. aha xD

Oh they could make that work; I actually live in Southwest Michigan, and let me tell ya, my hometown has plenty of foliage, including trees, going all the way up to Lake Michigan, or at least to the bluff near the beach. Either that, or, ya know, maybe the Mane 6 might just go to the beach one day, even if it's a ways away from Ponyville.

• Brohoof 1

I hope so I think it would be cool, they could have like some underwater atlantis kingdom and twilight could use her magic to make them all breath underwater or something

Might be cool for like a few episodes but I don't think they could do it as a permanent thing cause there's not an established mermaid type pony in the main group so I don't think it would be something that they could keep coming back to every episode

I hope so I think it would be cool, they could have like some underwater atlantis kingdom and twilight could use her magic to make them all breath underwater or something

Might be cool for like a few episodes but I don't think they could do it as a permanent thing cause there's not an established mermaid type pony in the main group so I don't think it would be something that they could keep coming back to every episode

Nothing is stopping them from making another main-pony. Edited by Arrow

Nothing is stopping them from making another main-pony.

The fact that there's only 6 elements of harmony kind of restricts any other pony from really entering and being a part of that main group. I mean you're right there's nothing stopping them from adding in another main sidekick type character like Spike to the group, but Spike already sort of plays the sidekick role for the entire group, adding more might be overkill

The mermaid ponies would be restricted to the water too I imagine so I would think it would be hard to really involve a mermaid pony in a lot of the episodes

Um, I don't know... if it could be done in a way that doesn't disrupt or alter the universe in which they live in then I say go for it. It could be interesting to branch out a bit. I mean, we do have mules, zebras, dragons, etc. Why not a sea pony? They could throw in the flutterponies too if they like. Again, this all has to be done smartly.

Um, I don't know... if it could be done in a way that doesn't disrupt or alter the universe in which they live in then I say go for it. It could be interesting to branch out a bit. I mean, we do have mules, zebras, dragons, etc. Why not a sea pony? They could throw in the flutterponies too if they like. Again, this all has to be done smartly.

Both would need a HUGE redesign.

I am saddened by these posts,

Shoo-be-do! shoo-shoo-be-do!

sorry, it had to be done.

Really, I hope to god they never put those monstrosities in the show.

The day that happens will be the day I stop watching MLP

Let me say that when that happens, I will stab my eyes out.

Do yo all really have so little faith in the show that we all love? I will bet anything you care to name that on the off chance that they do add seaponies, they will make it good. I mean, Look what they were able to do with MLP in general? Who saw THAT coming?

so yea I would be all for it.

• Brohoof 1

I actually felt sick watching it,

I felt sick watching ALL previous Generations. :/

I almost can't believe those "shows" are related to MLP: FIM

Edited by SuperX46

Off topic: I'd like to see Toola Roola and Starsong as backgrounders at some point just 'cuz.

My point exactly. Previous Gens are, well not that good, to put it in nice terms. and yet here we are.

Do yo all really have so little faith in the show that we all love? I will bet anything you care to name that on the off chance that they do add seaponies, they will make it good. I mean, Look what they were able to do with MLP in general? Who saw THAT coming?

I truly believe they dropped them as a concept because they learned they were a mistake and they learned from that.

I doubt they will ever appear again.

• Brohoof 1

AW man. So much hate for the poor sea ponies! I have such fond memories of playing with my sea ponies in the bath tub when I was a kid. Obviously not many 80s kids here :P I'm sure if they were to make an appearance on FiM they would go through an appropriate re-design. It's not like they'd just throw the old design into the new show. Jeeze folks. Lighten up. Have some FAITH! They would MAKE them win. And also, Flutter ponies are AWESOME. Ponies with butterfly wings. Essentialy Rarity in the Sonic Rainboom ep. I liked the older gen ones a little better though, their wings were more delicate looking, and they were actually a separate mold from the regular ponies beng smaller and much more slender than their tubby counterparts. :) The new flutter ponies are nice (Ploomette, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash) but their wings just look really heavy and clunky for being butterfly wings. :)

Edited by Bunny_San
  • Brohoof 1

The new flutter ponies are nice (Ploomette, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash) but their wings just look really heavy and clunky for being butterfly wings. :)

They are pegasi, if you didn't know :/
  • Brohoof 1

This. Honestly, I thought the show would suck balls and it didn't. It turned out to be super duper fantastically awesome and thus bronies were born. B)

AW man. So much hate for the poor sea ponies! I have such fond memories of playing with my sea ponies in the bath tub when I was a kid. Obviously not many 80s kids here :P I'm sure if they were to make an appearance on FiM they would go through an appropriate re-design. It's not like they'd just throw the old design into the new show. Jeeze folks. Lighten up. Have some FAITH! They would MAKE them win. And also, Flutter ponies are AWESOME. Ponies with butterfly wings. Essentialy Rarity in the Sonic Rainboom ep. I liked the older gen ones a little better though, their wings were more delicate looking, and they were actually a separate mold from the regular ponies beng smaller and much more slender than their tubby counterparts. :) The new flutter ponies are nice (Ploomette, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash) but their wings just look really heavy and clunky for being butterfly wings. :)

I'm right there with you. I had a purple sea pony with peach colored hair. I LOVED that sea pony with all my heart. Bath time was never so much fun! I remember starting kindergarten and HATING it and so my mother told me that if I had a good day at school that she would get me a sea pony (I had been begging for one). Low and behold, I did indeed have a great day at school the next day and when I got home, that beautiful sea pony was waiting for me. Ya know, looking back, I had a really super awesome Mom cuz not many would let their little boys play with ponies like mine did. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

They are pegasi, if you didn't know :/

Ok, maybe you weren't aware of the fact that the TOYS have BUTTERFLY wings. I'm not a floundering idiot. I know that Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy are Pegasi. And ACTUALLY, Rarity is a UNICORN. BUT in these toy iterations, they have BUTTERFLY wings, and thusly makes them *Flutter Ponies* when referring to that particular version of them. And as far as I am concerned, Ploomette just IS a Flutter pony, and not a pegasus, because she was never made in any other fashion: just with butterfly wings. Hasbro did put pegasus art on her box, but I stand that this is just because Hasbro can't be bothered to do new art for a product to save their lives because they're *lazy*. This laziness has been around for *years*, and nearly caused the DEATH of the MLP franchise with what collectors unaffectionately called the "core/bore 7", which were the SAME 7 ponies that they just re-released over and over and over ad-nauseum until people just STOPPED buying them. But that's neither here nor there, just a bit of MLP history for you. :D Edited by Bunny_San