Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Search for a New Life

RarityLuna

Lovely laughed at Cloud's question, "oh I'm just being a whiny little filly! I think it rained earlier and mud doesn't match my coat very well." Lovely stopped watching where she was going to maintain proper conversation eye-contact, causing her to stumble over a root.

OOF

​Lovely knocked the wind out of her for a second and blushed, "well that was embarrassing!"

Edited by Shankveld

Cloud saw her stumble and immediately went to help her regain her balance, seeing how close he was to her once she had righted herself, he blushed and gave some space between them. "It's alright" he said with a smile, "everypony stumbles every now and then.... I'm not always this awesome either" he chuckled and winked slyly at the mare. He then tilted his head to the side, "Well, are you asking to be carried over the mud?"

Edited by Strong Hooves

Lovely bowed in thanks at Cloud for his help and smiled. I really need to watch where I'm going, man I get distracted too easily, make a fool of myself as usual. Lovely blushed a little at Cloud's offer, but quickly regained her cool. "Oh I don't like being carried actually.." Lovely began as Cloud gaze her a quizzical look, "it makes me feel bad when you struggle." Lovely teasing stuck out her tongue quickly and giggled.

"My, my, my, I seem to have found a little Hercules on my hands." Lovely laughed and she poked at Cloud's chest. It was a lot more muscular than she thought it would be, then again he WAS flexing.

Suddenly Lovely hear a roar and the sound of something running towards them, it was nearly indescribable.

Here comes adventure.

Cloud heard the roar, immediately he opened his wings and grabbed Lovely, getting her out of the way just as a manticore burst out of the bushes, his eyes went wide with excitement as he approached the beast, he took a fighting stance. "Here kitty kitty" he snickered

(edited)

"WOAH! A manticore so cool, let's play with it! Sorry I was cought down in Ponyville because of my daydreaming, got up pretty early now don't you think I did?!" Zarely said with a laugh."I shall stop being so excited I can't help it but..."she thought. When she saw Cloud in a fighting posicion she said " This is going to be interesting, but please don't kill him. Oh remember we got to go to Canterlot for the ponies that didn't get here earlier."

Edited by pinkieluna

Cloud kept his eyes on the manticore, circling the beast. The manticore swiped at him with his tail, which he easily hopped over. Cloud opened his wings and flew over the manticore, it continued to swipe at him with it's claws, which Cloud continued to dodge, but only barely. He eventually found an opening and dive bombed the creature, landing a solid blow to its head. The manticore stumbled slightly, but it's vicious glare stayed, Cloud continued to maneuver around it, dodging and even laughing as he fought the creature, "Come on Fluffy! Give me your best shot!". The creature snarled and swiped once more, this time clipping Cloud along the side. He was thrown back a few feet, but he staggered back up, he noticed red claw marks along his side, this time he glared at the creature, "Bad kitty" he said through gritted teeth.

Lovely felt a jerk of her body as Cloud pulled her out of the way. He was strong. Lovely turned to lecture Cloud about grabbing her, but before she could even open her mouth a lion-scorpion beast came out of no where. Lovely was petrified by fear, only her eyes were able to move.

Kitty? That's not like any kitty I've ever seen. That's a mean pony killing machine, if I ever saw one.

Lovely watched as Cloud toyed with the beast, but not for too long as he got his hide scratched. Blood splashed onto the forest floor, which was quickly soaked up by the plants. Lovely would've gagged if not for the fact she couldn't move.

Suddenly the beast dashed to Cloud's blind spot, "eeeerrr WATCH OUT!" Lovely gasped, it was all she could muster.

Edited by Shankveld

Zarely watched the fight with interest. When the beast scratched Cloud she only called out " We have a doctor don't we?" without taking her eyes of the fight. She heard Lovely and thought " She looks petrified in fear, hasn't she heard of these or anything?"Zarely thought.

Cloud heard Lovely's warning and moved just in time to dodge the tail that hurled toward him. The tail got lodged in a tree and the manticore struggled to pull it out, Cloud took this chance to pull out the wing blades from his saddle bag and put them on. "That's it!" he yelled as he charged the stick beast, he opened his wings to aim the blades and struck at the tail of the manticore, slicing off the stinger.

"Yay, now let's leave it alone. Don't want anypony to kill him. Without the stinger he is harmless isn't he? He might as well come with to the new place, what do you think?" Zarely said.

Lovely let out a lung full of breath she had been holding in. "I should be asking you that!" Lovely exclaimed to Cloud, both her eyes and mouth gaping. "I would have never suggested this place if I knew it was so dangerous!" Lovely felt guilty, "it's my fault you're hurt." Lovely's eyes began to water, but she shook it off. This wasn't the time to be pitying herself. "With some medical supplies I can probably bandage you up pretty good," Lovely noted inspecting the wound.

"Bring it with us!?" Lovely exclaimed to Zarely, "do you have a death wish!?"

" But he seems fun! Fine we won't bring him along, sadly." Zarely laughed. " I was being sarcastic, I'd obviously won't bring it along, for now... Just kidding!" She walked toward the group. " Where do we go now?" she asked.

Cloud saw how guilty she looked and smiled at her. "Don't feel bad Lovely, I'm the one who agreed to come here. Besides, it's just a scratch, I've taken worse hits before." he took off his wing blades and put them away, pulling out some medical bandages. "Always be prepared when adventuring" he chuckled

Lovely laughed with Zarely, "you're a wild aren't you?" Lovely smiled, "well let me get Cloud fixed up and then we can continue."

Lovely turned her attention to Cloud. She took some cream out of her saddle bag and began to rub it on Cloud's wound. It was smooth and creamy with a hint of coolness to it. It felt magical and Lovely's touch was so soft and gentle, it was as if she had been applying medical cream all her life. Cloud started feeling his muscles relax, he could fall asleep right where he stood. "Can you pass me the bandages now?" Lovely's muffled voice sounded more like the voice of an angel in the distant, Cloud was in a dream like state.

Back in reality Lovely was holding out her hoof confused, asking for bandages.

Cloud could only barely hear Lovely, "Uh? Wha? Oh heh, yeah" he said with a sheepish grin, he was so relaxed by Lovelys touch that he almost thought he was going to fall asleep by her gentle treatment. He gave her the bandages, "Thanks Lovely" he said, still slightly mesmerized.

Edited by Strong Hooves

Lovely starred blankly at the sheepish Cloud, batting a few confused blinks. "Uh, right!" Lovely took the roll of bandages from Cloud. This herbal medical cream must be stronger than I thought. Lovely wrapped the bandages around Cloud's hide and then gently patted them to fit his form, she couldn't help but blush as she felt Cloud's body. Luckily he was too dozy to notice.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaand....Got it!"

Hovering a couple dozen feet in the air above them was Draft, scribbling madly on his assortment of scrolls and parchments. At last he sighed contentedly and floated back to the earth, returning his writing supplies to his satchel.

"That was incredible!" he grinned, "I've never seen a Manticore before! The way you jumped, then ducked, then-SLICE! That was awesome! I just had to get that down on paper!"

He saw Lovely's hoof pressed against Cloud's side and he shuffled a little.

Suddenly Draft looked around nervously. "Uh, where did it go, anyways? I mean even without it's stinger it's still got claws, and isn't a wounded animal even more dangerous?"

(OOC: I hope this works)

Meanwhile, there was a blue pegasus galloping towards the house that used to be Zarely's, But she found no one there, "Oh no! she must have left with the rest of the ponies! I'm late! Oh no! W-where am I supposed to go?" She thought worried, but then she said "At least she left the place sooner, I had to tell her that a meteor will land near her house. Oh no! The meteor might hit any minute! I must get out of here!!" She soon distanced herself away from the house, then she saw hoofprints on the ground, she knew it must be theirs, "Sigh, it'll take time to follow it by foot, Oh wait, I can fly!" She began flapping her wings, then took off to the skies, following the hoofprints of her friends, who left a note on Zarely's door that said to meet them in Ponyville.

Edited by Narutardedscum