Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you leave behind your current life for a new one

Sunshower Raindrops

Would you leave behind your current life for a new one  

74 users have voted

1. 1. Would you leave behind your current life to live ANYWHERE you want. (In anywhere I mean ANYWHERE fake or real place)

• Yes most definitely!
    • Never!!!
    • Maybe...

(edited)

I little question I thought of while I was pondering about important life stuff. I would, but not with out a goodbye of some sort or even a way back if I do need. :(

Edited by Sunshower Raindrops
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I wouldn't say I would leave my life behind, but I would eventually want to move out of my hometown.

As for where exactly, there are several choices I've got.

Also, you made the poll more difficult for voters since you made the 1st two choices absolutes.

Edited by Super80 Wolf

You have no idea how much I want that! I mean you REALLY have no idea!

http://mlpforums.com/topic/99430-this-is-going-to-sound-really-weird-but/

That is what I was referring too, and made me ponder and think of this topic in the first place.

Just to let everyone know I never said you can go back ;)

Yes.  My life is crap.  I literally can not get any lower on the social class ladder unless I get kicked out of the house I'm in.  I hate struggling to survive, being trapped in the system.

I just want a peaceful simple life where I don't have to worry about money or government.

• Brohoof 2

Actually I have done that before, when I joined the navy, while in boot camp you had to leave behind your old life, and live in the military lifestyle, right now my brother is finding that out in the army. It is after your enlistment is complete, can you try to resume your old life, yet at the same time try to cope with the memories and consequences of military service, and I can tell you it is not that easy returning to the life I knew before my enlistment, I wish I could go back to the life I knew, but if I had had to adapt to a new life again I can do it, because at least it is not the military, do not fear leaving behind your current life, since alterations occur whether we wish it to or not.

I would love to go to a land were I can live out my childhood dream of riding a dragon, while blaring sammy hagar and firing my STEN gun (muh raifu) into hoards of orks.

And ponies are pretty cute.

So yea, I'd have no problem leaving.

• Brohoof 1

For now I would say maybe, but until you're in the situation you don't know for sure. I've always considered leaving my country, which is really as much "leaving your life behind" as you can get.

Interesting question my friend. I don't like my actual life pretty much, but I'd never give up on it for I prefer to overcome my situations and fight for the things I want to change than just leaving all behind, I couldn't just leave my family. Just as Hector Salamanca said: "family is all."

I just want a peaceful simple life where I don't have to worry about money or government.

I really hope your wish becomes real someday :)

• Brohoof 1

Interesting question my friend. I don't like my actual life pretty much, but I'd never give up on it for I prefer to overcome my situations and fight for the things I want to change than just leaving all behind, I couldn't just leave my family. Just as Hector Salamanca said: "family is all."

I really hope your wish becomes real someday :)

Me too.  I'm working towards that goal and hope to help others that want the same.  :)

• Brohoof 1

When I read the OP at first, I thought you meant "current life you're living right now" and not "where you live right now". 

Alas, I live in a crappy town, so yes, I'd leave in an instant. In fact, I'm fixing that up right now by looking for a job in the big city. Hoping that I'd get it, I'll be packing up and gettin' out of here. The only thing I'll leave behind is my family, but we won't be that far away anymore. It's what held me from moving away, but it's about time I go on with my life. It would improve so many things. 

Yes, in a heartbeat. I already have plans in place anyway and i'll be uprooting next year and heading out into the world. Why? Because staying in one place for your entire life is utter fucking tedium. There are so many unique and wonderful things to do and places to see out there. I have no problem starting again: I'll always hold my family and friends dear in my heart, but there comes a time when you need to step back, get out there and begin living your life and writing your legend out, or else you'll die as little more than a name on a forgotten gravestone in a forgotten cemetery somewhere.

As for living in a fictional universe? Well, who WOULDN'T want to do that? Depending on the universe, of course. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in Westeros, for example.

• Brohoof 2

Well, considering that Venezuela is a big pile of bullshit and my parents had let me down in dealing with it, yes, most definitely. That's why I'm desperate for graduating my university, so I can make post grade in the exterior and move. I'm thinking Clearwater Florida, since it's peaceful and has enough to not make it boring, but Canada sounds nice too

well if it keeps sucking then yes if it gets better then I'll consider staying although the whole "loved ones" part would make it harder for me wanting to leave it so idk honestly

My choice is "Maybe". Why? I like my current life and in real world I wouldn't throw it away, but since fictional life counts too - I don't want to think about which is it, but I'm sure there the life in ficional world that I would definetly throw my current life away for.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't say I would leave my life behind, but I would eventually want to move out of my hometown.

As for where exactly, there are several choices I've got.

I agree with Super on this one.  

Yes, but not yet. There are a few more years of work to be done, and I intend to see it through. Finally, when it's done I intend to take one bully long rest.