Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Map of Equestria expanded to include more areas

Princess Book Horse

I know that the "Dragons Lair" has probably been discovered already because of that one Spike episode. But I hope that the Mane 6 would eventually go "Into the Unknown" at one point.

Honestly, with a name like that, I almost EXPECT It to happen XD

You can't just have something like that and never reference it, its just begging to be used or explored.

Granted, they might be running short on time to worldbuild for the series :(

• Brohoof 2

Honestly, with a name like that, I almost EXPECT It to happen XD

You can't just have something like that and never reference it, its just begging to be used or explored.

Granted, they might be running short on time to worldbuild for the series :(

I just think that it might be something like Queen Chrysalis's Territory for example or maybe worse!!!

• Brohoof 1

What's Hippocampus city?

a hippocampus city: as in a city that's inhabited by hipoocampus instead of sea ponies. (Hippocampus essentially being mermaid horses having the front two legs of a horse and the bottom  half a fish tail, in comparison to Sea ponies that have flipper arms instead of horse limbs). (compare the above image to this image)mlp_seapony_adoptable_auction__open__by_

I'm saying That i'd be happy to see an underwater city so long as its filled with hippocampis and not sea ponies.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 1

I like how it seems that the show writers are giving themselves a lot of potential with this new map. I wonder how much of it they already have ideas for and how much of it they intend to think about later. I'm really curious about what they intend to do with the Bugbear Territory. I didn't really expect them to bring up bugbears again. It could make for an interesting story.

• Brohoof 1

Odd question but why is it always the West that's unexplored? I mean you have the Chinese tale of Journey to the West, Manifest Destiny urging people to flow west, Lord of the Rings with the Gray Havens in the West and now here with The Undiscovered West.

• Brohoof 1

What is in parenthesis under mount everhoof?

Thats a good question. It's very small and difficult to read.

a hippocampus city: as in a city that's inhabited by hipoocampus instead of sea ponies. (Hippocampus essentially being mermaid horses having the front two legs of a horse and the bottom  half a fish tail, in comparison to Sea ponies that have flipper arms instead of horse limbs). (compare the above image to this image)sig-4161881.mlp_seapony_adoptable_auctio

I'm saying That i'd be happy to see an underwater city so long as its filled with hippocampis and not sea ponies.

I see. Well, I would certainly be interested in seeing how our ponies get there.

I seriously hope we see more of these places be explored. Season 5 has actually not had as much exploration as I expected to be honest. Sure, we have had a good amount, but considering the whole point of the Cutie Map seems to be to send the ponies to differents parts of Equestria to spread friendship around like jelly, I thought there would be more of that. It doesn't bother me, I just still would like to see more of these places. It creates more and more depth for the series. ^__^

• Brohoof 1

Maretonia and Saddle Arabia definitely need some attention; as do the lands of the zebras. Kinda surprised they weren't on the map.

Also, no Thicket...no deer kingdom. :(

(Yes yes, I know, comics...but still... >_> )

• Brohoof 3

I always thought the Map of Equestria was more a guideline to the creators than hard canon anyway...I certainly choose to perceive it that way because I royally cocked up the geography in my fanfic :please:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I hope they explore Maretonia which Princess Cadance and Shining Armor mention in the newest episode.

It would be nice to see Maretonia. That and Saddle Arabia.

Maretonia and Saddle Arabia definitely need some attention; as do the lands of the zebras. Kinda surprised they weren't on the map.

Thicket was beautiful though. It would be nice to see it in the show Edited by Princess Book Horse

The new map is really nice; I like the Crystal Empire part, and of course the new locations sound like interesting places to visit. Plus it's great to see where the settings of the newer episodes are in relation to the rest of Equestria.

Anyway, I've been saying this since season 3, but I really want the mane 6 to go to Hollow Shades. :sunbutt: It looks like the most mysterious location on the map.

• Brohoof 3

Anyway, I've been saying this since season 3, but I really want the mane 6 to go to Hollow Shades. :sunbutt: It looks like the most mysterious location on the map.

That, and it's probably where bat poneh live.... who've been long due to their reappearance  >_>

• Brohoof 3

The new map is really nice; I like the Crystal Empire part, and of course the new locations sound like interesting places to visit. Plus it's great to see where the settings of the newer episodes are in relation to the rest of Equestria.

YES! Thank you! I've been wanting to see Hollow Shades since the first version of the map came out.
  • Brohoof 1

That, and it's probably where bat poneh live.... who've been long due to their reappearance  >_>

If I remember rightly Apple Bloom mentions Apples coming for the reunion from Hollow Shades in the Apple Family Reunion episode. Apples aren't batponies...

• Brohoof 1

Oh yeah now that you mention it I would love to see where Zecora comes from and maybe see her family or relatives.

• Brohoof 3