Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Anypony excited about Fallout 4?

SystemError514.

I want it to do well but I am very weary of it after the bug infested hell that was Fallout: New Vegas. Even tho I know bethesda are handling the game themselves this time around, I don't intend to get the game on launch day. I'll wait and see if any major bugs and such are reported and if the game seems stable enough, then i'll shell out the money for it. :)

Whilst the prospect of building a settlement does appeal, my concern is that it will be a shallow gimmick and that we will end up with a game that is fairly similar to Fallout 3 and New Vegas. As such, I'm not exactly excited for it - if it comes out and turns out to be brilliant, then I will probably pick it up when it's on sale. I have become far too wary of large-budget games to consider pre-ordering it, and most launch prices are a touch steep for my liking.

• Brohoof 1

Not so much. The only reason why I say that is because 

1. I have no money for it
  2. I want to catch up with it by playing Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas

I know I'm late, but I recently bought the two games above (thanks to Fallout Equestria). I've been playing 3 for a week, and I will say that I have been missing out. I'm pretty sure there will still be tons of hype when I do eventually get it.

Edited by JRex95
  • Brohoof 1

It does look like a great game, and I'll probably buy it some day when it goes on sale. However, it looks very similar to Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, both of which I've probably sunk a thousand or so hours into. My concern is that Fallout 4 won't be different enough to warrant paying the full retail price.

The same thing happens with a lot of sequels I end up playing. For example GTA V didn't hold that much replay value for me because I had already played so much GTA IV that V felt hackneyed by the time I played it. The same thing happened with Skyrim, even though Skyrim was technically and graphically superior to Oblivion, I had still sunk so many hours into the latter that it felt too similar.

It's like that line from Escape (The Pina Colada Song) which goes "Like a worn out recording of a favorite song."

Edited by Makazi

Pre ordered it as soon as I could. My brother got Fallout 3 in 2008 when it came out and I fell in love with it. I didn't get any bugs either XD

Fallout 3 is fine and pretty stable (give or take a bit of lag on console if you have all the DLC running XD). New Vegas however is a f***ing disaster story. XD

• Brohoof 1

Fallout 3 is fine and pretty stable (give or take a bit of lag on console if you have all the DLC running XD). New Vegas however is a f***ing disaster story. XD

New Vegas worked great for me too. I will admit though, the GOTY for F3 was pretty buggy. Many a time I would be 40 minutes into doing somehting without a save when it would freeze. And on PC I can't go onto Broken Steel. 

• 3 weeks later...

People getting it on PC, what are your specs?

I have an i7-4790k and a GTX 980

Seems I'm kinda between min and recommended specs regarding CPU/GFX.

i5 3570K

16GB 1600MHz RAM

R9 280x

Running from SSD, recording to HDD.

Edited by DJW

It looks like a great game and i would have got it but it's Bethesda. It's going to have all sorts of bugs, glitches and whatever. I actually feel sorry for some people who are new to this and have no idea about the problems it's going to have. The graphics doesn't really look all that great either, i might get when the issues are fixed but meh i'm a lot more excited for Uncharted 4 :)

I'm not that excited, first, I have yet to play Fallout 3 (which I have), second, I don;t have the PC specs, nor a current gen console to play it (I'll wait one more year to buy a PS4). I can wait to play it 

I got it digitally on Xbox. I was working at Gamestop when the PipBoy edition went on sale. Sold out in, like, 3 hours.

PC sold out, Xbox sold out, I turn to my coworker in the middle of a rush, and tell him "Ring me up a PS4 version of it after this customer."

Got it bought, not even 5 minutes later it was sold out.

Was a totally bullspit move when we were busy as heck, but I do not regret what I did. :v

I have a good GPU, a GTX 780, but I only have an FX-6300 for a processor... :/

A 970 is roughly the same as a 780. I chose the 970 for future-proofing.

An FX-6300 is 6 core vs. my 4 cores, and the AMD chip runs slightly faster. Anything more than 6 cores yields negligible gains in performance.

FX-6300

You should be OK. Your CPU exceeds the min reqs and your GPU is more than enough. You won't get ultra at 60fps, but it should run fine.

It all depends on how processor-heavy the game is.

Im pretty pumped for it, but like, I have nothing to play it on, so no Fo4 for me. ;~;

However, I did get to wear a pip boy today due to working at the Amazon warehouse near me. >w>

Feels quite cheaply made, tbh. :/

I'd still be happy to have it, but yeah.

I'm anxious for it but I didn't pre-order it. ALTHOUGH I would have pre-ordered the pip boy edition when it came out but I hesitated for some weird reason. Then it was too late.

Basically what I'm going to do is wait for the Game Of The Year edition to come out and buy that. That way all the DLC comes with it and all the bugs and kinks are mostly worked out. Plus it should give me some time to familiarize myself with the companion app. As long as it doesn't absolutely require Fallout 4 to work.

Seriously though, they created a working Pip Boy OS? And people whine about how the graphics look so dated? What are they smoking? The game looks to be amazing and people whine about the textures? Whatever, still going to get Fallout 4 GOTY when it comes out.

Im pretty pumped for it, but like, I have nothing to play it on, so no Fo4 for me. ;~;

However, I did get to wear a pip boy today due to working at the Amazon warehouse near me. >w>

Feels quite cheaply made, tbh. :/

I'd still be happy to have it, but yeah.

How I see it, modders are going to have a blast with it. Possibly replacing the cheap plastic parts with durable metal or whatever type of material common pip boys are made from.

• Brohoof 1

Plus it should give me some time to familiarize myself with the companion app. As long as it doesn't absolutely require Fallout 4 to work.

You can get it now, but it only can run in demo mode for now.