Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think the CMC getting their cutie marks should of been a two-parter?

cider float

Though I don't like the CMC and don't care about them I think they still deserve to get a two parter, a longer combined episode to settle it and of course more build up towards it. And as the end of Season 5 with of course episodes leading up to it.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

>_> I personally don't agree.

:grin2: I would compare this episode to Magical Mystery Cure. Twilight got her wings; the CMC got their marks. Both episodes had a heavy amount of music. Both are really pivotal episodes that provide radical change for the series. Lastly, both are very controversial due to the amount of change that happens.

:icwudt: While I do see that a lot is packed into just one episode, and it makes it seem slightly rushed. :dash:  I don't believe enough happens to justify another entire episode with out dragging it out.

Edited by Shimmer's Song
  • Brohoof 2

>_> I personally don't agree.

:grin2: I would compare this episode to Magical Mystery Cure. Twilight got her wings; the CMC got their marks. Both episodes had a heavy amount of music. Both are really pivotal episodes that provide radical change for the series. Lastly, both are very controversial due to the amount of change that happens.

:icwudt: While I do see that a lot is packed into just one episode, and it makes it seem slightly rushed. :dash:  I don't believe enough happens to justify another entire episode with out dragging it out.

I kinda agree. 50%. I had always thought Magical Mystery Cure is too short for my liking. But continuing it might lag a little... So can't really say since it is not the reality. It never happen before.... 

Honestly, there wasn't enough story in Crusaders of the Lost Mark to warrant 2 parts. Sure, the episode was very fast paced, but if you were to slow it down to typical pace, you'd probably have about 1 and a half episodes. Which means that, if you put it in 2 parts, it would make it too slow paced, because it would be dragged out.

I agree only one episode might not be enough, two episodes however seem a bit too much and we would have immediately guessed they were going to have their cutie marks.

One episode for each character would have worked too, I think (but they wouldn't have got the same cutie mark).

Crusaders of the Lost Mark didn't feel that rushed actually, definitely less than Magical Mystery Cure.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think it could have been a two parter considering they are reserved for season premiers and finale but it should still have been more spread out though out the season, the CMC should have been shown in more instances where they help others with their cutie marks and the such. There are many problems with it being just one episode but the biggest is Diamond Tiara's redemption, there was absolutely nothing before the episode that indicated that she was anything other that a heartless bully, and then suddenly we're meant to feel sorry for her when the writers slap her with a backstory they ripped off from Gravity Falls, we should have been introduced to Spoiled Rich and the idea that Diamond Tiara was being influenced by her earlier.

(edited)

I just feel like the fans of CMC deserves something for waiting that long for their cutie marks to appear. The CMC are blossoming into womanhood and opening up a whole new chapter in their lives. 

Diamond Tiara was also neglected a bit in this sense. She had no foreshadowing in the past of how much pain she was in, this episode just came in and disappeared just like that.

Edited by cider float