Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Skyla Be A 'Princess'?

4april

I was thinking about the way Skyla (or what ever the baby will be called) will be treated.

She is definitely going to grow up in the Crystal Palace. But is it possible that she will only be treated as an ordinary pony? Will she have to earn the title of a princess like everyone else?

Or will she grow up like Prince George and be taught to 'act' like royalty?

Edited by 4april
  • Brohoof 2

In royal terms, she'd probably be just born royalty, most likely be the heir to Cadence as well. but as for alicorn hood. most likely she'll have to earn that. Although we haven't seen alicorn children before. but since Cadence was original a pegasi, and shining, being a unicorn, i'd take it that the baby will be one of those two.

• Brohoof 3

Well hasbro makes them put the toys in the show but thye find some creative way to do it. I mean hel lthe new playground in the Lost mark was a toy.

So yeah she'll get the cutesy title of princess and little girls will squee with imangary glee that being a princess requerins NO effort. oh wait that Disney princesses

• Brohoof 1

I feel that there is a lot of story possibilities and potential regarding this. Most probably, she will be royalty but will have to earn alicorn hood (if she wants to).

I was thinking about the way Skyla (or what ever the baby will be called) will be treated.

She is definitely going to grow up in the Crystal Palace. But is it possible that she will only be treated as an ordinary pony? Will she have to earn the title of a princess like everyone else?

Or will she grow up like Prince George and be taught to 'act' like royalty?

Of course she'll be a princess. New princess = more toys.
  • Brohoof 1

Okay, THIS, is the one aspect that I have concerns with for the whole baby aspect. Technically, she will be a princess, she will be the heir to the throne as it were, but my question is, will she be born as an Alicorn princess? With everything we have learned in this show up until now, it is that unless you are a demigod like the royal sisters, the right to be an alicorn princess specifically has to be earned, both Cadence and Twilight had to earn that right, at least the right to be an alicorn princess, so if Skyla is born as one, that would negate that entire concept. I can understand her being a princess by being born into a royal family, but her being born as an Alicorn which we all know is some pretty special thing, that would baffle me to no end. I hope they do not go that route. Plus, Shining Armor and BLueblood are non-alicorn prince's so it can be perfectly fine with Skyla as well, I just fear that they are gonna just go with the same theme as the others without the same logic. 

• Brohoof 4

I fail to see how being born an alicorn princess would negate Twilight's and Cadence's achievements, but it certainly would break some head canons espcially since not much has been done with Luna and Celestia.

Edited by UnknownFry
  • Brohoof 1

If Skyla (is that confirmed to be her name?) is an Alicorn, that might ruin the show for me.

The power of Alicorn is something you have to earn through great deeds. If she's born with these powers, it would mean that she's naturally better than others because of her heritage. In other words, there is a "master race" and those who are not born in that race have lesser value unless they work really hard to make themselves equal.

Similarly, princesshood is something that is earned in Equestria. There is no royal family: if you want to be royalty, you can do it if you prove yourself worthy. You can't just have the right parents and automatically become a ruler.

• Brohoof 1

Okay, THIS, is the one aspect that I have concerns with for the whole baby aspect. Technically, she will be a princess, she will be the heir to the throne as it were, but my question is, will she be born as an Alicorn princess? With everything we have learned in this show up until now, it is that unless you are a demigod like the royal sisters, the right to be an alicorn princess specifically has to be earned, both Cadence and Twilight had to earn that right, at least the right to be an alicorn princess, so if Skyla is born as one, that would negate that entire concept. I can understand her being a princess by being born into a royal family, but her being born as an Alicorn which we all know is some pretty special thing, that would baffle me to no end. I hope they do not go that route. Plus, Shining Armor and BLueblood are non-alicorn prince's so it can be perfectly fine with Skyla as well, I just fear that they are gonna just go with the same theme as the others without the same logic. 

Yeah, but here's the thing; Skyla will be the only child to have been born to an alicorn in the show's history.  So who's to say that alicornhood can't be passed on through heredity?  

There are too many questions surrounding the issue to say that this is definitely the case.  But I still think that it's a solid possibility.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, but here's the thing; Skyla will be the only child to have been born to an alicorn in the show's history.  So who's to say that alicornhood can't be passed on through heredity?  

There are too many questions surrounding the issue to say that this is definitely the case.  But I still think that it's a solid possibility.

That is true, but if it can be hereditary, it would just seem really strange that we have never really seen any other Alicorns at this point. It just seems a bit...out of the blue. Like hey! Alicorns can be birthed now! It doesn't have to be earned! That is my biggest issue with that idea, Twilight and Cadence having to earn that right and if Skyla is just born as one, that means she kinda got the easy route. 

• Brohoof 1

That is true, but if it can be hereditary, it would just seem really strange that we have never really seen any other Alicorns at this point. It just seems a bit...out of the blue. Like hey! Alicorns can be birthed now! It doesn't have to be earned! That is my biggest issue with that idea, Twilight and Cadence having to earn that right and if Skyla is just born as one, that means she kinda got the easy route. 

Yeah, but where did Celestia and Luna come from?  If a pony can only become an alicorn through such a promotion, then who promoted the sisters in the first place?

Edited by J. Brony

Yeah, but where did Celestia and Luna come from?  If a pony can only become an alicorn through such a promotion, then who promoted the sisters in the first place?

That is a good question, I mentioned in this in my first post. As far as we know, Celestia and Luna did not have origins like all other ponies, at least, that is all we can concur at this point. Plus, as far as we know, Twilight and Cadence are not uber alicorns like the sisters, so they for example will not live as long as those two have. That is why I make a distinction between the two, Luna and Celestia seem more like demigods and Twilight and Cadence are more like standard alicorn princesses, which I always thought that particular thing had to be earned by normal ponies. 

Celestia and Luna definitely make the topic a bit more confusing but I consider them to be of a different caliber of Alicorn. 

• Brohoof 1

That is a good question, I mentioned in this in my first post. As far as we know, Celestia and Luna did not have origins like all other ponies, at least, that is all we can concur at this point. Plus, as far as we know, Twilight and Cadence are not uber alicorns like the sisters, so they for example will not live as long as those two have. That is why I make a distinction between the two, Luna and Celestia seem more like demigods and Twilight and Cadence are more like standard alicorn princesses, which I always thought that particular thing had to be earned by normal ponies. 

Celestia and Luna definitely make the topic a bit more confusing but I consider them to be of a different caliber of Alicorn. 

They do seem to be on a lower level of alicorn..ness, than Celestia and Luna.  And that's why I say that it might be possible for Cadance's foal to be born an alicorn.  Then again, I'm basing this assumption off of this image than any sort of research into the subject.

~

EDIT:  Whilst I was looking for the image above I happened across this one too.  Apparently the first one is a fanmade vector of the official artwork printed on the toy's packaging.  They're the same image but if you look closely at the one on the package you can see that she has no wings and is a regular unicorn.  

So I concede the point and agree that Princess Skyla won't be born an alicorn.  She'll still be a princess though.  The toy says so and that is not the face of a toy that would lie to us.

Edited by J. Brony

As far as we know, Celestia and Luna did not have origins like all other ponies, at least, that is all we can concur at this point.

Nah, Faust imagined them having parents. Plus they do have extended family...

There is no royal family: if you want to be royalty, you can do it if you prove yourself worthy. You can't just have the right parents and automatically become a ruler.

...like Prince Blueblood.

She's going to be 100% a princess, no matter what. Will she be an alicorn? that's a good question.

it actually would be a good way to tackle ponies "Earning" alicornhood and what it means to be a princess in the world, with Twilight trying to teach a small baby about how big of a responsibility she has XD