Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Love over hate HIE?

Bendy

Why is love liked more over hate in HIE fan fiction. (HIE or anything human in Equestria related at all)

Let's take of an example of love: Xenophilia. A HIE romance story with over six thousand likes on fimfiction. Over Six thousand likes.

Another example of love: Ingress: Co-opted Consort, a human x Celestia story and where humanity and ponies are becoming good friends, and has over 1000 likes on fimfiction. Over one thousand likes.

But if you write a story where humans and ponies flat out slaughter one another, with lots of blood, guts, bombs, death and suffering etc and sometimes even xenocide to top if off. They tend to get largely hated, ignored and downvoted quite a bit. And the like bar tends to be very small.

A perfect example of hate would be the typical Conversion Bureau story... enough said.

So, why?

Edited by Bendy

Because bronies are shy, kind hearted and needs love. War or war like things are contrary to the brony culture. '''

Or bronies prefer the fantasy of being able to enter Equestria themselves?

Because 95% of the time they're just wish fulfillment, self-inserts so they can ship themselves with their waifus

This, pretty much this times 9,852.

Because a lot of them are poorly written. They feel like a long, drawn-out daydreams by some brony getting with is waifu, with the main character being very bland or overly sympathetic, and the pony they marry having forced romantic feelings out of nowhere.

I think it could be because those particular topics, murder, destruction, slaughter, gore and the like, all of that is incredibly negative, whereas love can be a very positive subject. That doesn't mean it is 'bad' if it is done correctly, but with something like MLP, many despise such ideas being correlated with it, which I can understand that perfectly. Having gore, slaughter, and such things in something as positive as MLP can be a bit conflicting and that shows in the hatred to those fan fics. I consider it a natural reaction, I am not overly fond of that stuff either, I feel like such gruesome art or fan fictions in the world of FiM is unnecessary but I just don't bother it and leave it at that.