Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What song did you used to love, but hate now?

ashes

Maybe you heard it a bit too much on the radio, or it reminds you of your ex, or SOMETHING. What song did you used to love, but hate now?

Mine would be "Linkin Park - One Step Closer".

LET IT GOOOOO

LET IT GOOOOO

LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'll probably start loving it again once the hype finally starts to die down and I hear for the first time in about a year or two

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 2

My first answer would be Gangnam Style... It was kinda cool at first, but got old pretty quickly to me. I just can't stand it anymore nowadays.

Other than that, I think the majority of the Eminem songs, like Stan or My Name Is also didn't age very well, in my opinion.

Well I'd probably say most of the Frozen soundtrack. There are also songs and albums that I haven't been enjoying as much as I used to, but I don't hate. For some reason, I didn't enjoy the Chronic as much as I did the last time, but that might be because it's one of the only albums I have on my iPod, and I listened to it a lot (mostly to avoid talking while I'm riding the bus to school, since there's one kid who seems to go out of her way to try to piss me off). It also might be because I'm currently more into Green Day and Linkin Park (yes, I enjoy both rap and rock, along with metal). But I'll probably like it more once I wait a bit before listening to it.

What Does the Fox Say?

I used to find it funny, but then over time I started finding it cringey :P

I never liked the song and forgot about it (thank goodness). The funny thing about it is I read somewhere that the group hated how that particular track got famous and didn't like having to perform it. :squee:

Lesson of the day: don't make stupid songs or the joke could be on you. 

post-24370-0-66053000-1420923862_thumb.png

To them it's probably like Sonny and Cher's "I've Got You Babe" to Bill Murray's character in the Groundhog Day movie- even worse IT'S THEIR OWN DOING! :lol:
Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 2

I would say Gangnam Style. I used to love that song. I once had a f****** birthday party based on the song, and now I feel pretty d*** stupid for that. After overplaying it, it got very annoying, same with Ylvis - The Fox.

Edited by gamecubeguy214

What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction (I used to like it because it was catchy, and because everyone else would sing along at the school disco. Then I grew some sense). Can't believe I ever used to like that! I don't like most pop music. :P

There was also Gangnam Style; I won't complain when it's played, but it's so overused and now, plain annoying. And last of all, Uptown Funk. I quite liked it at first, but then it was spoiled due to seemingly every advertisement on television using it. It became so overused, so annoying... Why have ads got to ruin music?

Edited by Wolves

I look back at my past days, when I was a toddler. When I do, I always ask myself: "How the hell could I have enjoyed Barney the Dinosaur? It's an abomination!" I am still ashamed today about the fact that I actually liked this song when I was little. I'm glad I moved on... Ugh. :eww:

Edited by Ravelicious
  • Shocked 2

"Fluttershy's Lament" was my all time favorite song of 2012... in 2013 I made a video about that song... I locked the video in 2015 and now I can't listen to that song or any song by Alllevelsatonce without cringing... all because of that video and another I made a few months later.

Discord by TheLivingTombstone

I used to think it was a great song around the time it came out, but every pony "radio" station played it at least 2 times per hour. Not to mention the millions of remixes the song bred. I've listened to it so many times I'm just sick and tired of it now. If I even hear the first couple of notes I'll mute my sound I hate it that much.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Pretty much every/any rap song I heard in my early teen years, pretty much everything by cringe metal bands that I thought were cool but the only thing more cringe than ozzfest is warped tour, you know a lot of talent show up at these things, so literally anyone will come watch the absolute garbage preforming before you. I had a phase where I liked, god help me, "Odd Future Wolf Gang" even saw them live, they are the definition of what you are talking about, anything by them, anything by the band Atreyu for the most part, anything by Hollywood undead, I listened to a lot of literal trash, I was surrounded by punk, rap, alternative and emo crap for awhile, I coped, but it was a crappy era of my life not just musically but generally

I don't hate it, it's more like losing interests or just killed the vibe for me. Example Billie Eillish. I love her old songs and still do-but her newer songs...yeah I just feel it's kinda forced nor connected to thus lost interests. There's some I like but easily fall off from it. Plus her as person kinda got me to lose my respect for her. She's a great kid and makes musics that sounds like no other artists-but sometime she does come out a little bratty. I understand she's still young and struggles through haters and whatnot. But the fact that she goes on like "oh boo hoo me" or bashing out on how shitting people and the world is and yet go out buying bunch of cars that cost like thousands- just doesn't sit right with me.  Idk what's about her I sometime I don't like-but I guess I hate celebrities in general, and Billie unfortunately  fall deeper into that spectrum. 

BtS are the same here too. Their new songs I love and makes me happy. But now it's played everywhere and in shows that makes me cringe. They even played the "butter" song for a fucking bachelor reality show!  Like why?? Thanks for ruined a good song with a horrible content. BTS I'm still into, but not like before. BTS always makes me feel better and happy whenever I hear their songs, see them in their vlog or their own show like the BTS "run". Like I feel connected to. The thing about Kpop artist is while they're famous and all-they  took the time to do their vlogs for their fans , to feel connected to them as if they're just normal people. So it made you forget they're even celebrity.  I understand BTS need their time for themselves and breaks as they mentioned, but seeing them performing nonstop for the US, and making shitting  collab songs with westerner artist and for  their shows when "they should be taking a break" as they say,  got me feeling we're losing what makes them a BTS a BTS. I can't see them the same way I used to or feel connected.. because they're falling to far in the "celebrity spectrum".

I was obsessed with Fireflies by Owl City back when it was new. I think I grew tired of it because it was overplayed on the radio. 

• 1 year later...
On 2015-12-29 at 10:48 AM, JeyWiz said:

I look back at my past days, when I was a toddler. When I do, I always ask myself: "How the hell could I have enjoyed Barney the Dinosaur? It's an abomination!" I am still ashamed today about the fact that I actually liked this song when I was little. I'm glad I moved on... Ugh. :eww:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952nwn64n1a65zam0ovkj

• Brohoof 1