Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did you hate about the school you went to?

Reecejackox

It was so long ago I don’t remember. School, like any other place you are/were forced to go to, will always have something you hate about it.

The teachers who would lecture my class to death because we weren't performing as well as expected. It really damaged my self-esteem, and it also didn't help that everyone had stress outbursts all the time, so, thinking that was normal, I joined in that behavior.

My highschool was an absolute JOKE, and it's "culture" fostered an extremely unhealthy mentality for many of the "students" that graduated from there. It's in a small town, so mostly everyone knows who everyone is, being "not neighborly" would seem next to impossible, but not here, here we have people that pretend they are separated by social class bc of the clothes they wear and the athletics they partake in, it's silly, their parents are "hardly" clearing the figures they are pretending they do, you are also POOR, a lower middle to middle class NOBODY from some country town that nobody has ever heard of. They get in these "cliques" it's like the condescending douchebag club, thriving off social validation and some make believe notion that bc they are surrounded by other narcissists they are some how more important to their painfully evident social equals. They just wanna pretend they are in highschool forever even after it's loooooong been over, it was their only triumph, now they are boring and uninteresting.

Long travelling time + homework was really stressful. It took a lot of time away, usually just to learn something for the next day, to just forget about it later.

• 2 months later...

I did not get along with my band directors, but that wasn't their fault. It was all me just being a drama queen.

I can't complain about much looking back. Despite living in a state that ranks at the very bottom of education, my school was certainly well above the average for the state. When I got into college, another student who graduated from a different district liked to joke that my school had roads paved of gold. lol. Well, it's not funny, I suppose. Everyone deserves a quality public education!

That it was religious. I hate religion, despite the fact that I used to be Jesus. I mean, I like the moral structure of religion. Like the ten commandments. But it is not like most people really follow them anymore. So, whatever. Still, I hope most have the moral capacity to distinguish right from wrong. And to be fair in life. Please, don't go insane. Keep it real. Respect life. In other words. Don't be like me.

• Brohoof 1

It was school, and like every school I’ve ever been to it was evil, not conducive to learning anything except swearing, getting beat up and being ignored by teachers when I needed them. Disgusting to know that it’s even worse for kids nowadays.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Screw your ideas of a decent name for the sports teams that will represent you for the next 4 years because you're an 8th grader graduating middle school into being a freshman so this naming contest will affect you and we rather combine two names that make us sound like a cleaning detergent rather than an actual sports team because the Seniors got to pull a prank on you instead of being able to give your own input.

You've been forcibly taken into a hallway and eventually the principal's office by 9 staff members as an 8 year old who these people have grabbed each limb of yours with both hands, and if you dare show any payback such as spit in one's face you will be arrested by the local police department. As an 8 year old. In a Elementary School. Just for interrupting class by squeaking your shoe because the teachers didn't uphold their promise of computer time. Then have that same teacher recommend Depression medication because they didn't think that your grandfather would beat you to an inch of your life because he picked you up at the police station.

Edited by CinnamonPop

• 4 weeks later...

I want to a catholic school. That means they expect everyone to be angels and service of people just because we follow God. Creating this “mold” for me and it took me a while to realize how fake it was. Also,  I’m a deep person who just happen to be pessimistic most of the time and like morbid things like writing and such. But my school keep taking it the wrong way and expected to see school counselor for it. While I don’t mind spending time with my counselor because she was nice and open minded, it’s just that I didn’t like the fact that my school viewed me as someone who needs “fixing” when it just who I am, and not a phase. :umad: