Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the worst school trip you went on?

Reecejackox

Survival in the Ardennes (Belgium). Even though it was only for 2 days, it really sucked because it was cold and rainy and we had to do outdoor activities while it was raining.

We also had to sleep in tents with 7 other people and the food wasn't that good. Fortunately, I brought my own burritos:P

• Brohoof 2

Hmm, haven't been on many field trips, though the worst would have to be my 4th grade field trip. We went to the Art Museum, and pretty much followed a tour guide around all day learning about the history of each and every piece. Now as an adult I'd find this amusing, but as a 9 year old child with ADHD... it was killing me.

we were supposed to have this grade 7 camp thingy,but that was canceled due to a school strike so we got to choose different places to go on for a field trip instead. for some reason we agreed on this kids play place (even though the place was huge and was actually fun there) but the trip was cut short because the place kicked us out. thanks to some really big kids in my grade injuring the smaller kids playing there by accident.... i think

I can not recall any school trips that were bad in of themselves.

I do remember in high school I was prone to getting migraines where I was also sick. I remember in marching band we had one of our first out of town football games (if not the first. It's been over a decade ago now lol) and I got one of those sick migraines. It was hot, I was in a stuffy uniform. I did not feel good. My band director was not happy and pulled me aside blaming it on me not eating the food they provided. I literally could not eat the food because of my gag reflex, but everyone just thinks it is me being picky to be picky. I could not eat the food, and him making me over and get a burger just made me feel worse. I couldn't eat it, that wasn't going to magically change then. That issue was never raised with me again, so I won't make too big of a deal about it... But it didn't make that day any better for me.

Oh, there was also the orchestra trip at my last university, which was completely awesome in of itself and I really looked forward to it. Until I did something stupid and broke my bassoon while on the trip and just had to sit and look pretty in all of the practices and performances. Good thing there were other bassoon players. It effected the trip very little for the orchestra, which was good. but it broke my heart.

The worst one for me was the trip to my region's capital city, when I had to spend several hours on a crappy bus squeezed into the corner seat, listening to the chaperon ladies chatting, and barely eating anything the whole day. The city "attractions" were terrible too. I was around 12 back then. Because of that trip I hate travelling - I guess it gave me a childhood trauma. Now I feel physically sick whenever someone suggests that I should go on a trip somewhere "for fun".

(edited)

Turin (I'm italian, so technically isn't that distant) almost... 3/4 years ago.

Those that organized the trip thought that getting a bus was more economical, so we had to wake at 5:00 AM. Once arrived at the station, and packing up everything, we started mooving, but after a while, one of the classes (we were 3 classes together) decided it was a nice thing to... start dancing at the rhythm of trap music that, in all my opinion, I dislike, putting at full volume a boom box . So, for all the rest of the trip on the bus, this 11/12 guys danced in the wildest way, coming near me and the rest of those that wanted to just sleep and forcing us to get in it. Of corse, the "fok you" were many.

Later, once almost arrived on our destination, a new problem came up: heat. It was so hot some of use, girls included , took off their shirts or, in some cases, only keeping a shirt on. Then,another hour was spent (and by now, it was like 4 hours) just to find a parking lot. later, we got on our hotel, then got to visit the city.
The visit in itself (just 2 days, of which one almost of just traveling ) was interesting, but the coming back... god, a delirium.

Without going in many much details: the boom box guys boom boxed again, one of our teachers (most hated of all for his jackassery and ignorance) keeped speaking on a microphone thinking it was brilliant, a friend of mine self harmed herself because she felt that she wasn't loved by her crush, and the aforementioned teacher almost got in a fight with another friend of mine that literally screamed to him (and here I just let away the curses) "just shut your mouth or I'll going to kick it."

Once arrived, I took 3 days off. I got a migraine, dehydration and a bit of flue.
Worst trip ever.

Edited by Krashface

(edited)

When I was in first grade, maybe second, we went on a field trip to a...GROCERY STORE! It was actually pretty fun. We got to go in the back room, and see inside the walk in freezers. We also went on a trip to a dairy farm to see cows get milked, and that was GREAT! When I got home my mom freaked out because I smelled like a cow! LOL!

====================================================================

Back on edit. I misread that as "FIRST" school trip! I realized what was going on after reading other posts.

I'll count the grocery store as worst. It was the one my mom always shopped at, so I'd been there lots of times. It was still fun seeing the back room!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

None, I rather be out of school than being in school when I was younger.

For me, it was a three day camping trip somewhere outside of Calgary back when I was in Grade Six. I'd never done anything like it before and let's just say that the experience was one I'd never want to go through again. I can still remember the problem with that vegetable lasagne and that one hike that never seemed to end.

Spending three or four days camping at a lake and doing water-related activities. Canoeing and sailing were bad enough, and had their own incidents, but then they made us try windsurfing. I have enough accidents standing in a normal environment, and a few minutes of trying to just stand on a skateboard made it clear that balancing whilst standing is something that I struggle with. So being put on the spot by the instructor:

"Stand up"
"I can't"

"Stand up"

"No, I really can't"

"Then you can't do wind surfing."

To be clear, I was always an obedient student - I never got into trouble and always did what the teacher asked, so being called out like that was an extremely embarrassing experience. Being sent back to the tents and getting to spend the afternoon reading was some consolation though.

(edited)

I haven't been on that many but I'll say going to a camp for a few days in 6th grade. Some of the activities were pretty fun, but most of them existed just to fill up time and involved us just standing around in the heat. :maud: Also a bunch of kids got sick from the "food".

In 8th grade there was a trip to a local amusement park, but I didn't go since I've never been a fan of amusement parks. And good thing too; one of the buses caught on fire on the way back :wau:. No one was hurt... I think.

Edited by SparklingSwirls

The worst school trip I went on was walking around town, taking photos and visiting museums. It was soooooooo boring. :scoots:

Everyone was acting like everything was such a big deal and if you disagreed you're just ignorant and uncultured. :dry:

Please. Art is subjective and anything can be classed as it lately.

(edited)

Went to a water cleaning plant for my 4th grade field trip. Is about as pleasant as it sounds. In fact all of my elementary school trips were really bogus

Edited by Whomps

1 minute ago, Whomps said:

Went to a water cleaning plant for my 4th grade field trip. Is about as pleasant as it sounds. In fact all of my elementary school trips were really bogus

20 hours ago, cpl_dixon said:

In like 5th grade my class took a trip to a water treatment center. Yay.

What's with all the water treatment plant trips? :confused: I went to one as field trip too in 7th grade, the end was the worst cuz we had to walk through a room filled with literal mountains of shit, it was the worst smelling thing I've ever smelled in my entire life :eww:

47 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

What's with all the water treatment plant trips? :confused: I went to one as field trip too in 7th grade, the end was the worst cuz we had to walk through a room filled with literal mountains of shit, it was the worst smelling thing I've ever smelled in my entire life :eww:

I think the reason we went was because my class was learning about conservation of water, or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

The camp that I went to in Grade 8. It was up in the country and we spent three days and two nights there. We slept in a tent on the first night and a cabin on the second. Anyways, I remember that one girl terrorised everyone by chasing them with a stick with her underwear on it. One of my friends locked us out of our cabin three times. Also a tree fell on my tent, but luckily we weren't there when it happened. It's one of those things where it's funny in retrospect, but I'm honestly glad we never did that ever again.

Calgary Zoo in Grade...uhh...I dunno. Younger grade anyways.

Mom way overpacked my lunch, like we're talking six 0.5L water bottles and half a dozen sandwiches. Parents made the rest of the class help carry my overflowing backpack around all day. She still doesn't get how many friends I lost on that trip lol

• 3 years later...

The last one, where they only served old bread with cheap jam in little packages and cold tea. It caused a gastrointestinal infection, which made me puke every 5 minutes. :mlp_yeehaa: Never had to deal with something like this in my life and it didn't happen afterwards anymore either. But yeah, it took them forever to call a doctor... He then gave me an injection in my leg and I couldn't even feel it anymore afterwards, nor walk. But I had a room for six to myself at least, since it was contagious. :eager: The other five needed to sleep on the ground in other rooms, oops... What an awful place. They wanted to save money by only serving cheap food and stuff, but as a result it caused so much trouble. I should have brought my own food from home, like the others did. :coco: It even took multiple days that...someone would pick me up. No love~ :ButtercupLaugh:
But I went to McDonalds afterwards. I felt a lot better after eating up. :catface:

A trip to a hostel in the middle of nowhere with no service, no contact with anyone except whoever was there, piggy snorers. It was very unpleasant and it was the start of the worst couple of months of my life because even after I came home, I was still miserable. :sealed:

It was a very pretty place though!

In 7th grade we went to a nearby camp on the shores of a lake. I can't remember what the point of it was - but I remember acting so immature there. It was also really hot, and humid.