Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What as the worst year of school for you?

Metallic Strings

Before I say anything else, I'd just like to let you know that I go to a special needs school, and that my school works very differently to most in my country. One of those differences my school has to the mainstream education system is that the school is divided into three sections for various age groups. These include Junior (ages 6 to 11), Middle (ages 12 to 14) and Senior (ages 15 to 18) ('fun' fact: the Senior and Junior kids share the same campus). I am in the Senior years, and I do NOT like it in comparison to before I enrolled for the school when I graduated from primary school, and my school life when I was in primary school, and I still have another year of it before I am finally done. Why do I think my senior years are so bad? Well, I'll explain:

Not only have I been bullied at times (especially in my first year, before I got transferred to a different classroom in term 3), but, I don't know weather or not it is just me maturing faster than anybody else in my classroom(s), but I have found that in every classroom I've been in, there has always been that one kid that wants all the attention in the world, and if its not that, then you get what I think makes 2015 be the worst year for me, if I had to pick one year specifically, which is being in a classroom with multiple noisy, arrogant kids who go on and on and on about stupid garbage that, in the grand scheme of things, doesn't really matter, who also think that they are gangster, and do not like it when you call them out on their garbage (which I have done in the past, quite a bold move if I do say so myself), which can get really hard to work in (what does it take for a guy like me to catch up on my maths so that I can have a better understanding of certain science related subjects I want to learn???), whenever I am not hanging out with my friends (well, more specifically, the few friends that I hang out with on a regular basis), I feel incredibly lonely, sometimes to the point where I look to my right and my left, in a way that would suggest that I want to be with someone, and aside from my maths, I feel like I've basically learnt all there really is to be taught at my school.

• Brohoof 1

Grades 1-3 and Years 7-10 were especially bad.

New school, hard to make friends, something something.

I've been moved around a few times in my childhood, I know the feel. Where I am now, I've lived here for 6 months and haven't met anyone.

The final year of Junior High was flat-out disastrous for me. Not only did we have quite a good deal of mean teachers, they also gave us a shitload of final projects and home works that ultimately weren't checked out by them, and most new students were pretty unpleasant and bad-natured. Not to mention my mom's demise at the time sent me into a huge depression which in turn caused me to angrily lash out at the authorities in the less opportune moments. Anyway, having such a bad year was partly my fault after all.

• 2 weeks later...

My worst year of school is for sure 12th grade.

It all started out with a group of 4 or 5 people looking out for me and exchanging homework, but near the end they were using me and they even admitted they just wanted to pass and they didn't care about my interests or hobbies. Not to mention they didn't even invite me to any sleepovers or hang outs after school or on weekends. After that experience of being lied to, I question people a lot now which is good and bad in a way.

All of them??? Yeah, pretty much all of them. I was bullied all through elementary school, I was chased home on a regular basis. Middle school wasn't much better, I was socially awkward and I was in band. The only time that it was okay, was when it was softball season, then I was awesome (best player on the team). High school freshman year was okay for fall, (softball) but then I got into a car accident and couldn't play anymore. Throughout high school I had one friend and was constantly ridiculed because I was a little overweight. Being in high school made me want to leave my home town so badly, I changed my name right before graduation and joined the Navy. College has been better because I am an online student so it's better. 

Probably ninth grade, my first year of high school.

I had a very unpleasant history teacher who kept assigning nightmare projects (e.g. singing in front of the class). I have problems with social anxiety, so you can imagine how fun that was for me.

The eighth grade, ninth grade and tenth grade all have had experiences I wish I could just forget. Especially the tenth grade, I was an absolute prick to everybody and got into some rather violent fights with people who would always take advantage of my pride. I'm so glad that I'm not that kind of person anymore nowadays.

Year 7 to Year 8. I legit had no friends cus I came out the closet, and a lot of people in my school didn't like that.  :lol:

But then I eventually found people who didn't care as much and then the rest of my high school year was a lot better. Excluding the drama that came with it. >_>

2nd grade. We had two periods, I think that 1st period was French and 2nd period was English. French class was hard because you constantly had to speak French. You're weren't allowed to speak English at all. Even though our teacher understood English, we still couldn't talk in English because it's French class, which made it very hard to say anything. Our way around this was to say English words in a French accent. It was terrible. In 2nd period, finally being able to speak English, we had a teacher who was a d***. She would yell at us all the time. I remember her yelling at us for making mistakes. Since there were six hours of school, those two periods were very long and we had to do multiple subjects in those two classes, except the only differences were different class, teacher, and language.

• 5 years later...

All of them. But kindergarten 1 was the worst.

Kindergarten because everything everyone told me about school was a lie(also I like harvest and spring work, school conveniently starts and ends right before and after) and had the wrong last name.

Kindergarten II: "as you take that first step on a path all your own, you see it all so clearly..." because K1 went so well.

6th because that was a end to I guess you could call an alliance with a few people. (Not really friends, but not really unknown people, probably the closest to friends of similar age I ever had)

11th again end of a few alliances and denied early graduation because "we want you to enjoy your senior year"(somewhat true, took work study class, aka go home and work on the farm for credit). Even had enough credits.

College year 2, here's full blown calculus disguised as "intro to college mathematics 101" aka scholarship disqualifier, and a completely BS class that was required for students only in that specific branch of that school. Oh you didn't like the first semester? Heres the second but with virus helping you do it at home, plus a very very all the way one way politically public speaking course that is another equivalent of the math course, but fails you when you accidentally mention your beliefs once and is run by the dean's/president's daughter, and costs $3k.

I think 6-7 grade year. In elementary school I was very awkward and anxious, but I still got really good friends (and we're still good friends:squee:) because things are much easier when you're kid. High school is going pretty good, I'm not that awkward anymore and I can finally somewhat freely interact with people here and I have friends.

But the middle school was awful, it's basically in-between state. Kids go in pubery, start going out and groups with cliques are starting to form. I was left behind because of my anxiety, my friends tried to help me to join them, but eventually I became a half-outcast. Thanks to my good friends they didn't forget me even though we communicated very little

• Brohoof 1

Sixth grade was probably the worst because that was when I first turned into a quiet person. I was scared of all the different things in middle school and I didn’t know too many people, so I just didn’t speak a whole lot. Resulted in a lot of teasing and bullying, especially from the girl’s locker room. I knew that people were just throwing their own insecurities onto me, though. Once I was able to talk a little more it wasn’t so bad.

• Brohoof 1

Senior year by far. I only went to my high school for two classes and a teacher's assistant period. I went to college for two classes, so I was hardly at my high school. I had already felt isolated from my peers in junior year, but I had little to no communication/connections with them in senior year. Like all seven other people in my class would be invited to go to the mall and I would be left out. It was BRUTAL. 

Being an extreme introvert in previous years really hits you in your last few years of high . Previously I was fine on my own, but by senior and the year before I was extremely lonely and unable to make friends since people had already formed their friendship groups and I was apparently eccentric (I just struggle to fit in because I'm a terrible talker. Can never break the ice so most interpret me as a weird loner)

Not that there's anything wrong with being weird, but high schoolers especially seem to prefer people like them and shun people who are different. 

Edited by TotallyNotNyx