Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the worst grade you got at school?

Reecejackox

I've gotten a 2 (on a scale from 1 to 6, and 6 being the best) once in Spanish, because I forgot to study, and once in English, because I didn't realize the presentation was oral and wasn't prepared.

The Spanish one was interesting because my teacher ended up calling my mom out of worry for my well-being as I'd gone straight from a 5 to a 2 in just a few months. But really I just forgot we had a test.

• 4 months later...

I think one of the lowest scores I got was on a History mock exam. Something like 37%. Kind of stupid really, I forced myself to go to school while suffering a really bad cold because I didn't want to miss any of the exams. I could see the History teacher looking over at me with concern throughout the entire exam. I was shivering and dizzy and was desperately trying to not cough or make any noise. Didn't help that I struggled to studying for the exam. :mlp_laugh:

Kinda got chastised by my form teacher at the time when I told her my reason for coming in to school while feeling sick. But  in my report, the History teacher did note that I was ill during the exam. Although I still took it to heart as a failure. I never really handled failure very well back then. Health before work was the biggest lesson learned from the experience I guess. :-P

• Brohoof 1

I consistently got D's and F's practically throughout middle and high school. Largely because I didn't even go to school half the time and no matter how well I did on assignments and tests it would never make up for all the stuff I missed.

I ended dropping out in 11th grade but I technically should never have gotten there in the first place. I didn't have enough credits to pass 9th but they pushed me forward anyway.

I can't remember exactly what the lowest grade I got on an assignment was, but I think I got less than 60% a few times. My worst overall grade was in English Language Arts in Grade 11, where I finished with 76%. I guess I don't understand Shakespeare as well as math.

• Brohoof 1

For an assignment? A zero. I may have forgotten some homework here or there. 

Worst average: definitely biochemistry in college. Passed with a D. I was in a bind during senior year of college, so that class got pushed to the bottom since it was an elective.

• 4 months later...

I failed Freshman Comp II twice.

I know, academic writing is supposed to be my one strength. It's complicated to explain how it happened. It was a combination of not being able to find good topics (if I can't find a good topic for a paper, I sink like a rock) and major personal issues in my life that sapped away my motivation to do anything.

The third time, a couple of years later, I aced the class and my final research paper got used as a sample at the college, so at least I kind of redeemed myself. Kind of. It is such an embarrassment, but I acknowledge I was in a very bad frame of mind back then.

Spoiler

The day one of those final research papers was due was the day I had a panic attack and nearly killed myself for completely unrelated reasons.

Got a C in Organic Chemistry 2 and Physical Chemistry. In Orgo I just didn't go to class because the lectures were boring, and there were only three exams and no other grades. In PChem I also didn't go to class because the homeworks were few, and friends gave me the answers, and early on there was word that the professor said that if you turned everything in and turned up to the exam, you'd at least get a C. Since this class was my least pressing thing... I took him up on the offer.

In high-school my GPA was 1.34 (F+ average) for Freshman Year. Had depression and therapy.

Sophomore I had a 1.48.

About the same for the rest of highschool. It's hard to care when several of your friends commit suicide and your school district is one step above hellish.

Edited by E01-US-Nav-2-20-IL

• 8 months later...

I got a C in Algebra 1 if I remember correctly. I slept through most of that class and didn't really care about much. I also got a C in geometry the next year.

Once I got to high school I don't think I got below a B- in any of my classes. Most of my classes were nothing but jokes. Same goes for college, excluding pre-calc. That class was hard, but I still got good grades in it.

My lowest grade on a test was a 15%, I got that in my Algebra class last semester. :twi: Lowest grade I’ve ever got overall was a D I believe. I think it in english, this was years back though.

On 7/20/2018 at 4:58 PM, Dustlicious2020 said:

Aside from zeroes, I did get a 13 on a Plant Collection I had to do in Biology.

If we want to go by averages, I had a 73 one six weeks in Pre-Cal.

But my best average I ever had was a whopping 107. :P

Edited by Dustlicious2020

I got a 36% in my 10th grade math class, partially due to the infamous teacher who ran the class. She was notorious for being incredibly strict on marking, to the point that people who regularly get 90+ had to struggle just to get a 75%. "Strangest thing" is when I repeated the class the following year with a different teacher, I got an 85%. 

My last semester of college was hell. I had to retake a course I got an F in over the summer and I got a D or a D- (not sure which, but the teacher was an asshole) in an elective course. Up to that point, my worst grade was a C and I didn't get too many of those.

My worst grade on a test was a 17 in seventh grade.

• 1 month later...