Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Derpy hooves voice?

CinnamonSwirl

I know this is probably old but anyone else not like derpys new voice? I liked her old voice in the episode with Rainbow Dash putting up a banner. But this new voice in slice of life feels too high pitched also. Like i know Shes a girl but its like they were forcing it. I wish she has old voice. ????

I am perfectly fine with her new voice. If I recall, her old voice was one of the reasons why they had some issues with complaints. Those complaints are dumb, don't get me wrong, but I understand that they probably don't want to take that risk again. Overly sensitive parents are a powerful force in the legal area. Derpy's new voice is still cute and matches her well, it doesn't make her sound 'dumb' but clutsy, so that works. It was sorta making me squee anytime I heard it. ^___^

Eh see i couldnt stand it. Her voice ssounds too forced and squeaky. At least tone it down on the squeakiness. A little bass. It sounds like they grabbed someone off the street and told them to do a squeaky girly voice. On slice of life i had to mute it and turn subtitles on because she sounded horrible imo.

I prefer the new voice. Her old voice was fine, but too "this is what you make someone sound like when you want them to sound dumb".

It was definitely better than the edited voice they gave her to avoid controversy, but I felt like her new voice captured her derpy, clumsy spirit better. It sounded innocent in the sense that she sounds excited about life even though she's contantly messing things up.

Her old voice just gave me the vibe of "she's just a dopey pony". Which was fine for the little bit she did, but in Slice of Life, I absolutely fell in love with the voice. I couldn't see myself liking Slice of Life Derpy as much with her old voice.

Edited by pollo20x6
  • Brohoof 1

Tabitha St. Germain originally thought that Derpy was male and voiced him/her to sound like a little boy.  She wasn't trying to make her sound handicapped at all.  This was corrected in the second take and she pitched Derpy's voice higher to sound feminine.

• Brohoof 1

new one, the old sounded too much like a boy. I honestly don't see HOW Ditzy's gender was mistaken for a boy. LOOK AT THE CONCEPT ART OF HER!!!!! Just look at her face and the face of other mares in the show. Then look at Big Mac's face and the face of other stallions. You'll see the difference and you'll know "OH SHE'S A GIRL!"

Who cares?

In the beginning, everyone was bitching about her not having a voice. 

Now you guys can't decide on one out of the ones she has had?

Just be happy she has a voice at all  :dash:

• Brohoof 2