What convinced you that this show could be good?

chirox the pony

I am the odd one when it comes to this. While I was very curious about the show and whether it was as good as some people said it was, I kind of had this mentality of "ew, ponies" going on back then ^_^

so what actually got me thinking the show was good...was the first EG movie...

*sigh*

I thought that I might get into it better if it was humans instead of ponies and clearly it worked because after watching it, I watched through all three seasons currently airing :D

Kids

I ignored it for over a year while they watched 4 back to back episodes every saturday and sunday afternoon. Usually I would be listening to music or something else on Youtube with headphones

Caught a few episodes without the headphones on though and actually found them entertaining, then there was an ad for a weekend special where they were showing the season 4 opener (2 parts) then all episodes from that season relating to the key items they have to obtain, and ending with the finale. The TV channel that we get MLP on over here doesn't usually show the episodes in any order, so after watching a few random ones, the idea of watching a running storyline seemed interesting. So I watched it with them

It hit me when I realized how coherent the writing was, and how goodhearted and endearing the characters were. It still surprises me to this day.

Edited by EquestriaGuy