Year-long Hiatus?

CastletonSnob

I know I would. But it's most likely people may fall off from being die-hard fans. It depends how passionate they are about MLP ANNNND it it depends on the Season 5 finale/teasers. If they are excellent, then that could allow fans to hang on till the very end. But if they aren't brilliant with the teasers or don't have a cliff-hanger, the view count will drop by next season. It all depends. 

Also....there will be a movie out before Season 6 right? Or after?

• Brohoof 1

That's unfortunate. Hopefully it ends up coming back sooner. You never know what could happen.

I think it's possible season 6 could start around spring/summer and end at fall.

That doesn't sound that bad. I'm sure people will be able to wait that long.

The interpretation I'm getting is that they'll be done or air about a year after he's recorded. And I think the only hint at what episodes he'd be in was a two parter he recorded a month ago, so that's likely the finale. In that case, season 6 would likely start around the same time as season 5 did this year, and the finale will air in about a year's time so around the same time as this season's finale.

• Brohoof 1

I think I will survive. I have my Doctor Whooves blanket, MLP Pillow, Pinkie Pie pillow, plushies, toys, fan fictions, fan art, drawing tablet, and reruns to keep me company. 

The interpretation I'm getting is that they'll be done or air about a year after he's recorded. And I think the only hint at what episodes he'd be in was a two parter he recorded a month ago, so that's likely the finale. In that case, season 6 would likely start around the same time as season 5 did this year, and the finale will air in about a year's time so around the same time as this season's finale.

Are you saying they will have a mid season hiatus and short breaks for season 6 as well? 

• Brohoof 2

I hope there's been a miscommunication somewhere along the lines.  They just stated that the show suffered a loss in viewership after the last hiatus.  If there's going to be another one I doubt it'll be any better for business.

I'm hoping that De Lancie was referring to when his episodes air and not the beginning of season 6.  

• Brohoof 3

I think I will survive. I have my Doctor Whooves blanket, MLP Pillow, Pinkie Pie pillow, plushies, toys, fan fictions, fan art, drawing tablet, and reruns to keep me company. 

Are you saying they will have a mid season hiatus and short breaks for season 6 as well? 

It's certainly possible.

• Brohoof 2

The hiatuses have been getting longer since the beginning. So far it's gone like this:

Hiatus between Seasons 1 and 2: May 2011-September 2011 (4 months)

Hiatus between Seasons 2 and 3: April 2012-November 2012 (7 months)

Hiatus between Seasons 3 and 4: February 2013-November 2013 (9 months)

Hiatus between Seasons 4 and 5: May 2014-April 2015 (11 months)

Hiatus between Seasons 5 and 6: November 2015-TBA 2016 (possibly a year)

It's a bit long for sure, and I don't know if I would be as dedicated by the time November 2016 rolls around.

Look at the bright side though. Longer hiatuses mean better episodes. Most fans generally agree that the show has been getting better over the seasons, so maybe the more time that exists between the seasons is the cause of better episodes.

• Brohoof 3

The hiatuses have been getting longer since the beginning. So far it's gone like this:

Hiatus between Seasons 1 and 2: May 2011-September 2011 (4 months)

Hiatus between Seasons 2 and 3: April 2012-November 2012 (7 months)

Hiatus between Seasons 3 and 4: February 2013-November 2013 (9 months)

Hiatus between Seasons 5 and 6: November 2015-TBA 2016 (possibly a year)

It's a bit long for sure, and I don't know if I would be as dedicated by the time November 2016 rolls around.

Look at the bright side though. Longer hiatuses mean better episodes. Most fans generally agree that the show has been getting better over the seasons, so maybe the more time that exists between the seasons is the cause of better episodes.

Though there do exist those who believe season 1 and 2 were best ones and that MLPFIM degraded ever since though I don't agree with this view. I don't mind waiting if season will be good. And I suppose delay of seasons is also delay of inevitable end of MLPFIM.

Why is a year so difficult for people? Most other shows do a 10 month to a year between seasons as well. I don't get why bronies feel 6 months is just too long for a new season. I'd rather they take a year to make quality episodes than try to force them out within a shorter time and reduce quality or rush them. A lot of episodes have felt rushed, and I'd rather have more quality episodes.

Although I wouldn't be thrilled about a year long hiatus (right as I get into the show...) I'd still probably be able to hold my ground as I wait. But really we should wait until we have any more confirmation, especially since we still have 3 episodes (counting the finale two-parter as a whole one) left.

-They're done recording S5

-They're done boarding S5

-They're in Key Layout phase, which happens 5-6 months before the premiere airs

-John mentioned receiving 2 scripts at the same time, which was relatively recently, which means it's a two parter, which means it's the finale.

-Episodes air generally a year from their record date

This is beyond any shadow of a doubt the finale. The premiere will without question be this Spring.

• Brohoof 1

And 2 month mid-hiatus too...

Longer hiatuses mean better episodes

After another experienced writer left the show (Amy), this show filled with new writers. Their writings is definitely not bad (i liked Party Pooped, What About Discord, Castle Sweet Castle), but the experienced writer is more reliable. Dave Polsky's S5 is a step down compare to his S4. If season 6 is filling with Johnny Test new writers, the hiatus is not worth it... 

If it's true, then the show is gonna take a huge loss in their target demographic. Kids would move onto something else and or grow out of MLP by then. Yes, we Bronies have the attention span and creative community to pick up the slack. But will the intended audience stick around? 

I'll be doing other things. I love FiM with all my heart, but it's not the only thing in the world. Same thing with every other hiatus. I don't just quit a show cuz it's been off for a year. Not to mention there's still fan content.

• Brohoof 2

There will probably be some people who won't stick around on account of a year-long hiatus, but even without episodes, the comics and other official merchandise still exist, not to mention all of the great fan made content which is constantly being produced.

• Brohoof 1

This honestly doesn't bother me. We had to wait around a year I think from season 4 to 5 and even though the wait was not as long from 3 to 4, that one was quite painful. At this point, I think it is a nice way to let us appreciate that has happened up to this point. Plus, it is just a year. Not that bad really. The way I see it, at least we are getting a 6th season at all. 

• Brohoof 2

Eh he probably means a year after he finished his recording. Thing is animation takes a TON of time, nevermind marketing.

I expect Season 6 will air sometime early to mid September, basically right around the time Canterlot Boutique came out and a year after when the season 5 finale should have been if there wasn't that mid-season hiatus in the way. 

Eh, it doesn't really bother me. I was around for the infamous season 3 ((I believe)) hiatus where there was no reliable information about when the season was gonna air until about a month beforehand. The only reason we knew there was a new season at all at that time was because they were teasing us with clips from new episodes. But with recent seasons, they've been pretty good about either giving us a date or an approximate timeframe. As long as we know what general time to wait for, I think most of us will be fine.