Sign in to follow this  
Denim&Venom

What If FlutterBat Was in S1:E1?

What if instead of a Pegasus, we were introduced to Flutterbat in the first episode? Same personality, same mannerisms, but as Flutterbat.

How would that effect fan attention, reaction and acceptance of FlutterShy? Would more or less people like Shy as a bat than now? Would they relate to her more or less?  How would this effect her standing in the show today?

flutterbat___your_soul_is_mine_by_magist

If her execution would be the same/her episodes/etc even as a bat pony then I am sure nothing major would change when it comes to how people see her. I pay more attention to Fluttershy more than any other pony despite her not being my best pony.

I guess if she was a bat pony from the beginning, the only thing that would change is an increase in bat pony art? xD

Then in S4:E7 we probably would have a pegasus who acts like a vampire fruit bat.

I don't really know what the point of that would be.

If she behaved exactly like she does now, why bother making Fluttershy into Flutterbat in the first place?

Why? What would be the point?

Slightly more diverse main cast?  :squee:

What if instead of a Pegasus, we were introduced to Flutterbat in the first episode? Same personality, same mannerisms, but as Flutterbat.

How would that effect fan attention, reaction and acceptance of FlutterShy? Would more or less people like Shy as a bat than now? Would they relate to her more or less?  How would this effect her standing in the show today?

I think fluttershy would have been accepted just as much if not more than she is now. Cute monster girls are a huge thing for moeness after all. If Fluttershy was still just as shy and scared, as well as adorable as she is "normally", then her having bat wings and cute fangs would only serve to draw extra attention to her moeness by how utterly incapable of being a monster she is.

Plus her stare and animal affinity are already vampiric traits, so it would have worked well as a racial ability.

^ eeyup, refer to the picture below quote

I think fluttershy would have been accepted just as much if not more than she is now. Cute monster girls are a huge thing for moeness after all. If Fluttershy was still just as shy and scared, as well as adorable as she is "normally", then her having bat wings and cute fangs would only serve to draw extra attention to her moeness by how utterly incapable of being a monster she is.

Plus her stare and animal affinity are already vampiric traits, so it would have worked well as a racial ability.

58600670.jpg