Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight Sparkle ✨

This "issue" has been plaguing us and clogging both our inboxes and the feedback section almost since the forums began. Namely, that avatars would take their sweet time to propagate after you've updated them.

This is because there are two caches in play that hold on to your avatar for several days at a time - our content delivery network, and your browser's own cache. Because the filename of your avatar doesn't change when you upload a new one, both of these caches continue to show your old avatar until they decide to re-download it of their own accord.

As of tonight, I'm proud to announce that this has finally been fixed, so avatars will now update site-wide instantly! Special thanks to Lavoaster, who recently joined us from IPS's own community, for patching it. Go give him a well-deserved brohoof. :)

• Brohoof 23

Thats great! I noticed that the avatar changed instantly when I changed mine around half an hour a go!

yay! where is this man, I NEED to brohoof him NOAW!

Great to hear a problem that has been plagiarising MLP Forums for so long has finally been fixed!

I haven't changed my avatar since I first uploaded it so I haven't had this problem but I would have eventually.