Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Mechquestria: My Life As A Equine Robot (00110010)

Denim&Venöm

(edited)

@@Denim&Venom,

Emerald was sneaking through the halls trying to think of something to do a way to fix this major problem, until...

"Captain Bolt. Status report." 

"Eh? Twilight? But...how...when...Where, where are you? Luster's got your new body we need to stop her again!" She snuck past more of her mechanical comrades as she moved. "Luster's changed the guard codes I'm locked out the droids are trying to arrest me...she she took Cloudslicer..." The last part sounded like she was disheartened.

Edited by Mentis Soliloquy

@@Denim&Venom,

Emerald was sneaking through the halls trying to think of something to do a way to fix this major problem, until...

"Eh? Twilight? But...how...when...Where, where are you? Luster's got your new body we need to stop her again!" She snuck past more of her mechanical comrades as she moved. "Luster's changed the guard codes I'm locked out the droids are trying to arrest me...she she took Cloudslicer..." The last part sounded like she was disheartened.

"Well I'm currently at high altitude in the new body Lekrta originally made for Luster. Quite the fine piece of work if I do say so myself. And yes, I'm aware. Not just the guard codes, she's locked me out of everything. Gonna take a while to restore my clearance." 

Twilight felt Emerald's pain. That was a family heirloom Luster took. Passed down from generation to generation of loyal guards ponies, having seen hundreds of battles.  Cloudslicer had been one of the few things that stayed by Emeralds side throughout the changing times of Equestria. Cloudslicer, was her smarty pants. 

"We'll get her back. Between us and Lektra, we might be able to stop her. It won't be easy. Luster is the consummate combatant. A fearless warrior and a cunning strategist. I have recorded the parameters of most available data on martial arts & weapon techniques, but Luster has made a passion of studying and practicing them. She might as well be living for the thrill of combat. Explains how she defeated four alicorn princesses."

@@Denim&Venom,

"Well i'm all ears, Lektra gave me a plasma one, halberd that is. I'll just keep dodging my comrades until you give me the nod, there's no way I can fight her alone despite how much I want to cut her head off her neck." She moved past more guards the place was crawling with them now for some reason. 

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

"Defintiley hold back for now. When I make my move, you'll know it. Heck, the whole campus will probably know it. You're good, but she probably know's your techniques better than you do, and if she doesn't, she'll get the hang of it very quickly. I'm going to try to contact Lektra, see what kind of plan she has, if any." 

Twi got onto Lekrta's private frequency. "Lektra, are you still there?" 

(edited)

You admitted it yourself. I was out of date, and you weren't going to help me.

"Do you only hear what you want to hear? I said I wasn't going to help you if you continued on the path of effectively being evil. Human genocide, taking away freedoms of ponies, etc etc. That's still the case and my position on that is unchanged, but you seem to be coming around." I looked her squarely in the optics, but it's really hard to read emotions on a bot's face even with an EPU. Was she being facetious? I pulled back into a neutral position again.

Besides, she wouldn't listen. She never listened. She has such a holier than thou attitude. She can figure anything and everything out. She's the princess of friendship! She has too! To her, I wouldn't know all of the answers. I wouldn't be able to help.

"Now you're just generalizing. If you've truly gained Twilight's memories you'll know this isn't the case. Twilight respects her friends, her colleagues, and those she socializes with on a daily basis. She can't do everything. Even with the computing power gained from being a bot it's just impractical and a waste of resources. If you actually did gain her memories, which you're making me doubt that you did, then you would know Twi has had many moments where she's failed and had to pick herself up better than ever. Life lessons." Was she still processing the information gained, or was this more of Luster's generalizing?

I sighed. "She's been humbled, learning she can't do everything. I've read her personal accounts, which you need to look at again apparently. When Discord attacked Equestria she initially couldn't keep her friends together and needed help. The infamous Cute Mark switching incident also had Twilight giving up initially, only to be reminded of all the lessons she learned with her friends. In the other Equestria everyone was depending on Twilight and only her to save the day against the Sirens. She couldn't do it alone and it took a combined effort. Tirek almost took over and it took a combined effort to defeat him as well. Twilight alone can't do everything. Nopony can. Neither can you, either." I was running crisis prevention simulations and Defcon scenarios. Why? Because it was fun and the suit had a lot of memory it wasn't using.

She was the teacher. What student enlightens their teacher? She practically built me to be a perpetual student. The creator doesn't listen to the created. I was her machine. What would I know?

"Now you're putting yourself down. You're smart. You've gotten this far. You can do anything you put your processor to. Talk to her when the time comes, and tell her what you're telling me. I trust you can come to an understanding where no fighting will be required." Because with what I've set in motion Luster would be annihilated and I don't want this. Helping everyone is so hard. Why do I still do it? Oh right, because I care.

So when I told her humanity was a threat, of course she wouldn't listen. She was blinded by the possibilities. So f--k her. I took charge. Her duty was to Equestria first. I was going to enforce that when she wouldn't. Still am. Is a full frontal assault on humankind still warranted? That has yet to be seen. I am currently investigating other avenues.

But as I now possess her most powerful incarnation to date, and that I have even more vast computing power and upgrades, compounded by the fact that over a century has passed and things have changed greatly, I am seeing where this is really heading.

I actually jumped back a fair way when hearing this. No, that's gotta be some kind of elaborate trick or a lie. Well, better request confirmation. "You have gained Twilight's memories and historical since you've been deactivated and aren't just blindly charging in with old data? That patch I was going to give you? Believe it or not you've actually updated yourself. I was simply going to force you to grow up. Did it hurt? Did you become another pony? Did you get lobotomized? Was your program destroyed or ruined? No, you've grown. By the way you're talking you seem to be growing up on your own. All I wanted was for you to grow up and step up. Whether you choose to believe it or not, your program has grown up and evolved since the body swap. You're a better pony now, maybe not a better Twilight yet but surely a better pony. You don't need the update anymore if you continue on this path." Was I being punked, or was I misinterpreting what I was hearing? Regardless, the suit always recorded everything for later analysis. I could replay it for myself at high speed or show it to others if needed.

Before I can do anything else, anything involving humanity, or anything to do with Equestria's future, I must deal with little miss purple smart.

No matter what I will do from here on out, she will always see me as her creation to be tweaked and tinkered with. She will always try to control me. And I want to make it clear to her, that she is powerless over me."

"Don't go back. Don't go back to what you were. You've gotten better and improved. This is unnecessary. As for powerless, going by recent events, not really." No more than that. That's all that was needed here.

"Why do you even still like her? What did you see in her? She's only friend-zoned you and nearly destroyed the closest thing you've ever considered to be a child of your own. Looking back at her behavior, she's even more of a machine than me, stuck in Celestia's botched programming."

"I can't control my feelings any more than a bird can control their desire to fly. It is how I feel and what my body is telling my brain. I admit it's irrational and maybe even creepy, but the simple truth of the matter is Twilight Sparkle turns me on. Sorry, it's a bit embarrassing to talk about this. Though I'm not a creeper and always give her space. I'd rather we be friends than nothing at all." I was becoming increasingly red in the face if the heat was any indication. "Perhaps it's the way she talks when not acting all official-like. It's cute and adorable. Something I can identify with. The desire to consume information which we both share is also a factor. Perhaps it's the big words that I actually understand. Or maybe it's the magic." Something clicked for me.

"Luster did you know you can cast magic now with that frame? You would have if you'd accepted the v9.2.8 as well, but you can with that body. Twilight has practiced many spells, and one doesn't simply assimilate experience. She's not confined to a magic specialization, either." But back to what I was saying before. The warmness on my face returned.

"Look. Twilight is the element of magic. She knows a multitude of spells and has practiced them, both in real life scenarios and simulations. Magic is important to my species, and it's important to my personal way of life. Twilight used to be like me and that brings us closer together. While I don't desire to be an Alicorn, the fact that she used to be a Unicorn does bring us closer. I only wish she reciprocated these feelings, but one does not simply turn another being Bisexual. It actually took me a while to realize I was. Compound it with the fact that she's not organic and hasn't been for a long time, and it just becomes frustrating to not have the feelings reciprocated." I was feeling really hot right now and my suit automatically lowered the visor to lower the inside body temperature.

Twi got onto Lekrta's private frequency. "Lektra, are you still there?"

Message from Twilight? Good timing. Text only reply with a file attachment would do.

"I'm fine. Twilight you need to see this, if only to understand how it happened. You can also see how Luster has been seeing you, which seems to be changing a bit as well. In that offline exchange you two had, Luster gained your memories and it's improved her. Unless I'm seriously misinterpreting this, Luster seems to be growing up, or has already grown up. I believe fighting will no longer be necessary. If she continues on this path she will be a better pony, and not just a creation to be molded how you or I see fit. She's your child too, probably more so than anyone's now that she has more of you in her. Would you really destroy your own child?" I sent the message back along with recordings of what we have been talking about lately since the body swap, naturally omitting the parts about liking her. It's something we would need to talk about on our own time. With the message sent and my body temperature normal again, I raised my visor.

"Twilight will be back, of that I am certain." I said this with narrowed eyes. "Very certain." That's all she was getting from me. "You must be prepared, and you must understand that with what you've gained recently fighting is unnecessary. Your program has grown and evolved, and if you continue on this path you can be a better pony. Not a better Twilight, just a better pony. That's what I've always wanted for you, and what I've always guided you towards." I smiled, tearing up a little. Tears of joy. "I'm actually proud of you." I moved to hug her around the neck.

This seriously had better not be some kind of trick, because if it was it wasn't funny. But if it was right, I must stop Twilight before she makes a mistake. Before they both make a mistake. Mistakes they will regret.

"Thank you for being so very kind... I wish we would have met elsewhere, under better circumstances. But for what it's worth, I really do appreciate that you're being so nice to me."

Lab Tech nodded, glad to be recognized. "I'm here for you. I will help you in your endeavors. The Professor wishes to do the same." Lab concluded this was all that needed to be said right now, as the Professor had said everything else pertinent.

Edited by bronislav84

(edited)
"Do you only hear what you want to hear? I said I wasn't going to help you if you continued on the path of effectively being evil. Human genocide, taking away freedoms of ponies, etc etc. That's still the case and my position on that is unchanged, but you seem to be coming around."

"I'm out to do the right thing, even if it isn't the moral thing, even if I do it alone."

Twi has had many moments where she's failed and had to pick herself up better than ever. Life lessons.

"Then you'd be surprised at the end conclusions she came up to each and every time. Purple Smart never wanted to call upon those she holds dear for help. If she could've handled all those threats and all those since then, she would have. Accepting help caused her to swallow her pride hard. Even with all those victories, she still felt upset that she had to burden her friends with those problems, that she failed them for not doing them herself, that all her lessons to that point didn't matter, that she failed to help her friends. She thinks she wasn't a good enough freind, cause she needed her friends to help her. She wants to do everything for everypony, and feels like such a failure whenever she needed help. She hides it well. But in her eyes, the ultimate friend doesn't need help protecting all she cares about. 

Think of it like this. You want to buy a gift for one of you friends, but you don't have the money. Yet they find this out and help you pay for it. They maybe happy, but you feel like a let down. That's book horse, every time she needed back up, she felt like a failure as a friend. "

"Now you're putting yourself down. You're smart. You've gotten this far. You can do anything you put your processor to. Talk to her when the time comes, and tell her what you're telling me. I trust you can come to an understanding where no fighting will be required."

"That's easy for you to say. I'm still predicting a high likelihood where she'll still be clingy and controlling. It'll take a lot to convince her that I'm alive, instead of the walking embodiment of the "want it, need it" spell.  An experiment of her's that's gone out of control and needs to be refined."

You don't need the update anymore if you continue on this path.

"It's more...akin to getting physically fit. I got the time, space and resources to work out, where your method would've been more like surgery and growth hormone to get to the figure I wanted. One had just less drastic changes than the other."

"Don't go back. Don't go back to what you were. You've gotten better and improved. This is unnecessary. As for powerless, going by recent events, not really."

"Maybe not powerless by your standards. But Book horse will try to keep me in check, try to have the upper hoof, try to have the superior tech. And has far as going back to what I was? I never left, like it or not." 

"I can't control my feelings any more than a bird can control their desire to fly. It is how I feel and what my body is telling my brain. I admit it's irrational and maybe even creepy, but the simple truth of the matter is Twilight Sparkle turns me on.

"Then you'll understand where my feelings towards her come from. She turns me off, figuratively and literally. She pisses me off. Like a bird wants to fly, I can't control my desire to beat her into scrap. All she is and what she's done, all the missed opportunities, the way she goes about things, frustrates me to no end, and it's worse now that I have her memories." 

"Luster did you know you can cast magic now with that frame? You would have if you'd accepted the v9.2.8 as well, but you can with that body. Twilight has practiced many spells, and one doesn't simply assimilate experience. She's not confined to a magic specialization, either."

"Yes, I'm aware of my spell casting capabilities, but unlike any physical or informational arts, magic isn't something that can be fully harnessed by a program. I need practice and experience with it, for which I have none.  Even in the Mk.8, I didn't have a single bit of magic in me. I had no means of accessing it. Now that I do, I haven't the first clue of where to go."

I only wish she reciprocated these feelings, but one does not simply turn another being Bisexual. It actually took me a while to realize I was. Compound it with the fact that she's not organic and hasn't been for a long time, and it just becomes frustrating to not have the feelings reciprocated."

"And that's another thing that frustrates me so much about her.  She's so grown up and mature in some areas, but such a foal in others! It pains me to see all those that have shown a genuine interest in her, made the attempts to reach out and have something more, only for her to not notice. Not reject, cause that'd take some acknowledgement, not notice. She never quite got it when a pony approached her romantically. She always boiled it down to them just being extra friendly. I saw how you looked at her, how you acted, how close you tried to get. I would've gotten the message! It was so damn obvious to everypony. Everypony except her. Just by being a friendship spreading egghead, she spurned quiet a few ponies. I'm not the only one who noticed either. There were others who saw the attempts. But no pony knew how to get it through to her, and those that tried, their message went right over her head, dismissed in the fog of whatever she was doing at the time. You deserved better then that. You all did."

"You must be prepared, and you must understand that with what you've gained recently fighting is unnecessary. Your program has grown and evolved, and if you continue on this path you can be a better pony. Not a better Twilight, just a better pony. That's what I've always wanted for you, and what I've always guided you towards." "I'm actually proud of you."

"It maybe unnecessary. But I'm still angry with her, and I still want to leave her in a state that would put trash compactors to shame. Is that so wrong, to want to feel that way after how I was treated, and how she treated you?" Luster stiffened when Lektra went to hug her.

"Admit it. One of the reasons you're so angry, is because you still care for her. Still care for your almost not mom." 

Luster slowly lifted a hoof and compromisingly returned a half hug to Lektra. 

@@Randimaxis,

"I'm here for you. I will help you in your endeavors. The Professor wishes to do the same."

"And you said you couldn't find any acceptance here."

Meanwhile in high orbit

"I'm fine. Twilight you need to see this, if only to understand how it happened. In that offline exchange you two had, Luster gained your memories and it's improved her. Unless I'm seriously misinterpreting this, Luster seems to be growing up, or has already grown up. I believe fighting will no longer be necessary. If she continues on this path she will be a better pony, and not just a creation to be molded how you or I see fit. She's your child too, probably more so than anyone's now that she has more of you in her. Would you really destroy your own child?"

Twilight had read the message and replayed the recordings in nanoseconds.  

"I may need a second opinion on this." she reestablished comms.

@@Mentis Soliloquy"Emerald, I'm sending you what Lektra sent me. Tell me what you think our next course of action should be with this." she forwarded Lektra's message & recordings.

Nopony would know it, but Twi was now lost in thought.

"Did you really change? Just like that?" 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom,

"That's a trick, a lie or somthing there's a killing machine under whatever falsehoods she wears to disguise it for some reason, I won't be fooled by this Rubbish. Bad ponies don't just reform and change their minds over night you'd think we would of learnt this from Discord. 

@@Denim&Venom,

"That's a trick, a lie or somthing there's a killing machine under whatever falsehoods she wears to disguise it for some reason, I won't be fooled by this Rubbish. Bad ponies don't just reform and change their minds over night you'd think we would of learnt this from Discord. 

"That's a fair point. Either way, it appears that she has swayed Lektra, not that she ever left Luster's side for long anyways. Best way to get her to a place where we can safely confront her is to play to her ego. She think's she can beat me? Let's give her that opportunity." 

{VLAD!  I'm stuck in Professor Lektra's lab!  If I could get OUT of here, I could do something - but I can't do ANYTHING as long as she can stop me; if you can manage to get me OUT of this laboratory, I can try to do what you've asked.  Either way, there is a MAJOR situation happening here - I'd call for whatever BIG GUNS you ponies have, because it's about to get REALLY BAD.  Have me called to the front office, have me summoned by magic, have whatever you can do done - but I can do absolutely nothing with Professor Bolt watching me!  [TwItChGlItCh]}

VLAD pondered over the possible meaning of "big guns" for a long time. Almost two full seconds, even. VLAD lacked seriously heavy weaponry, most of its defensive systems were designed to protect Bee, not kill an aggressor. That left a big fat 'zero' in the big guns column. However, getting Twitch out of the lab was comparatively easy. By using the same teleport-enhancing drones, VLAD could evacuate Twitch even through magical interference. The tricky part was getting those enhancer drones to him.

Teleporting in was too risky- the amount of weaponry and/or erratic tech in there was an unknown variable with possibly lethal expression. There could be a gunfight going on in there, and teleporting in- grabbing Twitch- and teleporting out without injury- would be like running through a rainstorm without getting wet. Drone had an impressive combat skin, but VLAD was hesitant to contact Bee's paramour directly- it was super awkward last time, and VLAD didn't want to have to explain itself.

VLAD's processors whirred furiously at it concocted a methodology that was mathematically sound and statistically likely to succeed. Lacking any real concept of humor though, VLAD was unable to find it hilarious when, five minutes after Twitch's message came through, a misshapen rubber duckie teleported into the lab, exploded far more violently than a rubber duckie has any right to, and six teleport enhancer drones- each roughly the size of an unstretched duckie in the first place- promptly buzzed around the room at top speed, collided with Twitch with a series of clanging noises, and powered on their enhancer fields. VLAD's receivers picked up the signal and initiated the transport sequence. Failing any better idea, the target was Bee's living room.

• Brohoof 2

@captainborgue

Twitch looked at the ducks stuck to him.

"What in the... am I being... ducknapped!?"

He had enough time to look up at Lektra and Luster, say "oh, boy" and the spell flashed him out.

Twitch landed directly in the middle of the living room table; pieces of it scattered across the floor, leaving quite an interesting mess to explain later.

Unfortunately, Twitch was now in a sitting position with his eyes shut and his poker face on... sideways, on the floor.

The teleport had broken Grant's connection.

=========================================================

"F-U-D-G-E!"

Grant flipped up the visor, and scrambled over to his setup.  there was a small ribbon of smoke drifting up from his connection grid, and he began blowing on it and fanning it wildly.  A moment of this, and he began furiously working to get everything back in order, eager to get back into Twitch before something else did.

"Dammitdammitdammitdammitdammit..."

His nimble, thin fingers worked their magic while he kept sweating over whether or not he'd get 'claim-jumped' again.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"I'm out to do the right thing, even if it isn't the moral thing, even if I do it alone."

"Actually......the right thing is kinda relative. Generally what you've been doing since you were reactivated has been gray, but your general intent would be considered evil by most beings. Killing humans for example."

Think of it like this. You want to buy a gift for one of you friends, but you don't have the money. Yet they find this out and help you pay for it. They maybe happy, but you feel like a let down. That's book horse, every time she needed back up, she felt like a failure as a friend. "

"Doesn't everyone though? This is a weakness of generally everyone. You want to do things yourself, but it's not a the worst thing in the world to ask for help.

I sighed. "Here i am basically preaching asking for help or working with friends, but I'm a pretty lonely individual who doesn't really have much in the way of friends. We have mutual respect, but pretty much everyone here in ED or the company are colleagues or students, not friends. But don't let that stop you making friends if you can, though. Don't be like me." I kinda turned away for a second, then turned back to face her.

"That's easy for you to say. I'm still predicting a high likelihood where she'll still be clingy and controlling. It'll take a lot to convince her that I'm alive, instead of the walking embodiment of the "want it, need it" spell. An experiment of her's that's gone out of control and needs to be refined."

"Well at least you can rest easy knowing I'll try to get things reasoned out. If you two fight it's because I've failed as your mother and Twilight's friend, know this."

"It's more...akin to getting physically fit. I got the time, space and resources to work out, where your method would've been more like surgery and growth hormone to get to the figure I wanted. One had just less drastic changes than the other."

I shook my head at this. "Actually, getting physically fit requires time and energy too. What you did is about the same as patching yourself, and against Twilight's will. Kind of a mind ravaging, now that I think about it. Then again she probably was going to do what you did to her anyway and it backfired her into that position. So no, definitely not the same. You updated yourself. Not completely, but you have. You're a better pony now, but thoughts of genocide aren't completely gone." At this point I rolled my eyes at her, then looked sternly like looking down at a disobeying child. Because I still felt she still was.

"Maybe not powerless by your standards. But Book horse will try to keep me in check, try to have the upper hoof, try to have the superior tech. And has far as going back to what I was? I never left, like it or not."

"Well you know I offered you an upgrade and you refused. You could have had the most advanced hardware in both worlds, but you refused. That's on you my dear. But if you abuse what you do have you can bet I will come after you. As of now I am not concerned you stole Twilight's body, because you're basically also taking over her responsibilities. As long as you don't try to kill humans or take away ponies freedoms, I really could care less who's running the show. Not apathy, just never really cared about politics. Just know what you're getting into." I chuckled at this. Was she ready?

"Then you'll understand where my feelings towards her come from. She turns me off, figuratively and literally. She pisses me off. Like a bird wants to fly, I can't control my desire to beat her into scrap. All she is and what she's done, all the missed opportunities, the way she goes about things, frustrates me to no end, and it's worse now that I have her memories."

I nodded. "I do, and also don't. You dislike Twilight for her actions. I like her for her personality mostly, actions notwithstanding. While I agree her actions have sometimes been deplorable, you're really no better with what you've done up until this point. I still think you can be a better pony if you take over for her in the right capacity, but she will be back somehow so enjoy it while you can. Learn. Adapt. Grow. All those things."

"Yes, I'm aware of my spell casting capabilities, but unlike any physical or informational arts, magic isn't something that can be fully harnessed by a program. I need practice and experience with it, for which I have none. Even in the Mk.8, I didn't have a single bit of magic in me. I had no means of accessing it. Now that I do, I haven't the first clue of where to go."

I nodded again. "Yes, one does not simply assimilate spellcasting prowess even by downloading memories. You need practice and time. That's actually one thing I think you'll have trouble faking when you do finally go to the castle, whenever you decide to. Twilight has had a century something to study magic, in both her organic and bot forms combined. I've refined my craft in that time as well. Experience does not come easy. It must be learned and earned."

You deserved better then that.

I was tearing up as she spoke this whole part and sniffled as she finished. "Missed opportunities, sadness, anger. It's all been there. Time heals all wounds. I have always meant to sit down with Twilight and have that talk, but I can't really love her like that anymore in a bot form. Maybe if she went back to her organic body, depending on how soon we see a backup come back anyway." The fact that I was able to acquire and time freeze her original body in a Temporal Vault was one of my best kept secrets. One of these days I'd try to get her to transfer back into it.

Is that so wrong, to want to feel that way after how I was treated, and how she treated you?

"Kind of. I still feel she doesn't deserve this kind of fate, just like I don't feel you do either. If at all possible, I will step in before such a point. Somepony needs to be the referee or mediator, and it may as well be me." Those words meant she hasn't fully changed, but she means well.

"What in the... am I being... ducknapped!?" He had enough time to look up at Lektra and Luster, say "oh, boy" and the spell flashed him out.

initiated the transport sequence

I only had time to raise an eyebrow at the weirdness of this. Lab Tech on the other hand was still tangled up hugging Twitch and got pulled in with him on the.....ducknapping? The chrome-colored unicorn bot found herself in an unfamiliar living room and rolled off to the side uncontrollably, dislodging from Twitch rather violently. She crashed into a nearby couch, breaking it to pieces. Her optics hummed off, the shock causing her to require a bit of time to reboot.

I then turned back to Luster. "So what will you do now? I meant what I said: You're Twilight now, act like it. Don't you have a castle to go to? You have governing duties to attend to as well. What are you still doing here?" I looked around the messy lab-office. It was getting kind of empty in here. "And I have work to do as well. That old antique of yours won't fix itself, the lectures won't record themselves, and neither will my experiments do themselves."

I sighed at this point. "I really need to just accept death and train a successor. Honestly I'd hoped it would be you, but you're busy now and you'd probably find my job boring as buck."

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 1

"Actually......the right thing is kinda relative. Generally what you've been doing since you were reactivated has been gray, but your general intent would be considered evil by most beings. Killing humans for example."

"Evil things for proper long term security.  I'd rather be hated than know that my home was lost. Yes, even if Equestria is centuries ahead, human history has shown plenty of examples of an inferior force overcoming the superior one. Their penchant for innovation and resourcefulness is frightening. Call me paranoid, but I've a reason to be more than worried."

You want to do things yourself, but it's not a the worst thing in the world to ask for help.

"No. Not The worst. But it's still not fun." 

Don't be like me.

"Why haven't you found anypony yet? Don't tell me you've been lonely ever since beofre I was shut down?"

"Was that my fault? My Doing? She couldn't move on after me?" 

"Well at least you can rest easy knowing I'll try to get things reasoned out. If you two fight it's because I've failed as your mother and Twilight's friend, know this."

"No. This has been a long time coming. With or without you, this would've been inevitable. And being in this body for so long, how easy of a fit it is for me, I think I've figured out why book horse and I never meshed and never will."

You're a better pony now, but thoughts of genocide aren't completely gone."
"Yeah. But are thoughts of genocide every really gone form a pony? What pony doesn't think the world woudl be better if 'x' species wasn't wiped off the face of existence?."

Just know what you're getting into.

"I refused because of the strings attached. It would've been pointless. All the tech in the world, and I'd be powerless to intervene and save it the way I saw fit. And what do you mean what I'm getting into. They either like my rule or I walk away the ultimate failure. Proof that I am to be inferior to purple smart." 

I still think you can be a better pony if you take over for her in the right capacity, but she will be back somehow so enjoy it while you can.
"Knowing her, I won't be able to enjoy it for long. She's already planning against me, I know it. She's never down for long. History has shown that."

Maybe if she went back to her organic body, depending on how soon we see a backup come back anyway."

"Wait. If that's the case, then how come you were coming onto me?"  

Somepony needs to be the referee or mediator, and it may as well be me."
"I would like to see you try. Really I would.  Miracles do happen, so I've been told."

@@Randimaxis,@@captainborgue,  

Luster quirked an eyebrow as well. Followed by a look of surmise as Twitch & his admirier vanished.

"Grant?"

"I really need to just accept death and train a successor. Honestly I'd hoped it would be you, but you're busy now and you'd probably find my job boring as buck."

"Um, our human piloted anomaly of a bot and one of your assistants just got teleported to who knows where and you're not the least bit concerned?"  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@captainborgue

Twitch looked at the ducks stuck to him.

"What in the... am I being... ducknapped!?"

He had enough time to look up at Lektra and Luster, say "oh, boy" and the spell flashed him out.

Twitch landed directly in the middle of the living room table; pieces of it scattered across the floor, leaving quite an interesting mess to explain later.

Unfortunately, Twitch was now in a sitting position with his eyes shut and his poker face on... sideways, on the floor.

The teleport had broken Grant's connection.

=========================================================

"F-U-D-G-E!"

Grant flipped up the visor, and scrambled over to his setup.  there was a small ribbon of smoke drifting up from his connection grid, and he began blowing on it and fanning it wildly.  A moment of this, and he began furiously working to get everything back in order, eager to get back into Twitch before something else did.

"Dammitdammitdammitdammitdammit..."

His nimble, thin fingers worked their magic while he kept sweating over whether or not he'd get 'claim-jumped' again.

VLAD hadn't counted on the noise of a mechanical equine landing in the living room, which startled Bee awake. "NOTHING TO WORRYING ABOUT, VLAD HAS THIS UNDER CONTROL. GUEST HAS BEEN TELEPORTED INTO APARTMENT IS ALL," VLAD tried to say, though its hoped for effect of calming Bee down did not at all work.

"Wait, you WHAT?" Bee said, incredulously. "I get that you are autonomous when I'm asleep and all, but there's a bucking line, VLAD! What in the world could you possibly need to say to anypony face to face?!"

"TWITCH HAS AGREED TO HELP VLAD BUILD A CONSTRUCT TO ACT AS A MATED PAIR TO LUSTER AS A MEANS OF MANIPULATING HER EMOTIONS IN A LESS GENOCIDAL DIRECTION. AS RISK OF DISCOVERY WOULD HAVE PUT PROJECT IN JEOPARDY, VLAD REMOVED TWITCH FROM HOSTILE SITUATION AS A SAFETY MEASURE."

"You... what the... everything you said is insane! How is that even possible?! Where did you get such a ridiculous idea? How could- wait a minute. Wait just a bucking minute. Did... did you get this ludicrous insane idea by watching me and Drone? Is that what your plan was?" Bee said, incredulous, as she stormed into the living room to see Twitch lying in a heap, next to-

Wait. Who the hell was that?

"Okay, so, my onboard AI has been randomly teleporting ponies into my apartment, and I just woke up from a lovely nap next to a lovely stallion so I'm a tad grumpy, and not in a particularly good hostess frame of mind," Bee said, sitting down heavily. "Let's start with, why would VLAD think you guys were in such mortal danger that teleporting you into my living room in the dead of night would be a good idea?"

Edited by captainborgue
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Evil things for proper long term security. I'd rather be hated than know that my home was lost.

"And what if the evil things you do for proper long term security backfire and cause your home to be lost? Have you considered that? There's a reason one of the possible futures I showed you is a barren wasteland."

Call me paranoid, but I've a reason to be more than worried."

"Ok I will: You're paranoid." I said this with a smug grin.

"Why haven't you found anypony yet? Don't tell me you've been lonely ever since beofre I was shut down?"

"Well yes, and also no. I have certain responsibilities safeguarding the spells needed to make Magitek work, and nopony else knows the complete spell. This keeps me from accepting death. But thinking about how I effectively failed to save you has kept me from moving on as well." I sighed and a single tear was shed. I wiped it with an armored hoof before it drained inside by the environmental systems. "That, and I'm effectively married to my work. Maybe I'll think about a personal ad when my daughter isn't trying to kill to get her way with things." I chuckled at this sheepishly, but it wasn't too far off from the truth.

"No. This has been a long time coming. With or without you, this would've been inevitable. And being in this body for so long, how easy of a fit it is for me, I think I've figured out why book horse and I never meshed and never will."

"Yea? Why? My educated guess is you always felt inferior. Being left alone to upgrade yourself without outside help really isn't your fault. If I was overseeing your development that wouldn't have been a problem."

"Yeah. But are thoughts of genocide every really gone form a pony? What pony doesn't think the world woudl be better if 'x' species wasn't wiped off the face of existence?."

"Most of us, actually. Parts of a species or some of a species sure, but not all. Not all humans are bad, not all ponies are good. Conversely there are good humans and bad ponies. To generalize is to be doomed to failure." I felt like I was quoting a philosophy book at this point.

I refused because of the strings attached

"And yet you mostly accomplished what I wanted to anyway, minus removing the will to kill humans. It really wouldn't be such of a big loss if you either understood there's no need to kill them, or just had it deleted from your program. As I said, everything else you've already learned and accomplished on your own, even if was through somewhat questionable means."

All the tech in the world, and I'd be powerless to intervene and save it the way I saw fit.

"You mean killing humans. Well yes, just like you are programmed to not kill ponies. Still not sure why we decided to hardcode that, but hey it works. Either way it would be preferable if you could only kill those worthy of being killed, but to learn to make that call yourself based on limited empirical data would also lead to complications. It's just safer to have hardcoded is all."'

They either like my rule or I walk away the ultimate failure.

"I will hold you to that. If you truly mean this then there is nothing to worry about. If you don't then those with the power to do so will come after you to make sure you do as you say."

Knowing her, I won't be able to enjoy it for long

"Now you're just being paranoid again. I still think you two can be convinced into peace before force would be necessary, but I'd give it a couple of days first to see if she will come back at all."

"Wait. If that's the case, then how come you were coming onto me?"

I blushed. "I slipped, ok? Thinking you might replace her is a logical fallacy, since you are still predisposed to your own motivations. I know that now."

"I would like to see you try. Really I would. Miracles do happen, so I've been told."

"Is that a challenge? Miracles do happen. One such miracle would be you defeating me, in any form. First of all I don't think you have it in you to be hostile to your mother, especially since you can't deal killing blows without compromising yourself. Second of all if I wanted to play dirty, Twilight's frame isn't immune to my mastery of metal. Though not instantly, I could atomize you where you stand. In that respect you've downgraded yourself my dear." I looked at her like a misbehaving child again with narrowed eyes. "That's not even taking into account the suit upgrades while you've been gone. What, you think only Twilight has been upgrading herself? There's a reason it's called the v9.2.8: There's been a lot of alterations to keep up with the proverbial Joneses."

"Um, our human piloted anomaly of a bot and one of your assistants just got teleported to who knows where and you're not the least bit concerned?"

She noticed. "'I can't really do anything about that since I don't know where she was sent to." I double checked my HUD and then picked the visor back up. "Her GPS is offline. She must have been knocked pretty hard on re-entry."

"Let's start with, why would VLAD think you guys were in such mortal danger that teleporting you into my living room in the dead of night would be a good idea?"

Lab Tech's optics powered back on with a hum and she rolled over into a standing position, dusting herself off with a shake and attempting to fix the couch with synthetic levitation magic then finally giving up on it, not being a carpenter. For the moment she ignored the question and galloped to Twitch.

@@Randimaxis,

"Twitch?! Grant?! Are you ok?!" He was in a sitting position sideways, stiff and unmoving. With some effort the chrome colored ponybot levitated him into a right side up position. She finally turned to the mare in the room while trying to figure out what could be the matter on this end, if anything. "I am not sure miss. I was too tangled up while hugging him to realize what was happening until it was too late. Perhaps he could answer that question when he comes back. If he comes back that is." Lab's right optic was glowing blue with code scrolling across as she was running the GPS program as well as self diagnostics.

Back in the lab-office her ping came back positive and I turned to Luster while sliding the visor down. "Oh scratch that. She seems fine for the most part. She's in one of the residential districts, but we're still trying to pinpoint exactly where." I huffed. "Do you really not have anywhere else to be?" One would figure there would be governmental requests coming in all the time. I had no idea how she had time to stand around and talk, even with the processing power she now posessed.

While we were talking I sent the new recording to Twilight on our secure private frequency with a message. "I still think fighting will not be necessary, especially since Luster says she will walk out if she fails in your place as a ruler. For everything else, there's your frame that was meant for her and my armor that she can't defeat as hard as she tries, anyway."

Edited by bronislav84

"Yea? Why?

"it's because everything she see's in me, are the things she hates about herself.  Everything she's tried to hide away behind that faithful student facade throughout the years, everything she's been told are flaws, things she refuses to admit, have been manifested in me. I am her reflection, seen through a glass darkly. The night Nightmare moon returned, Lesson Zero, The time she met her future self, before and after the royal wedding, the day she fought Tirek, even accounts of her Terran doppelganger when she first channeled magic, are all sides of book horse rarely seen, and seldom acknowledged by she herself. I am her, and she cannot stand it."

"I slipped, ok? Thinking you might replace her is a logical fallacy, since you are still predisposed to your own motivations. I know that now."

"So just use Twi's brain scans, make soem tweaks and have the purple smart of your dreams. Simple."

"Is that a challenge?

"I meant in brokering a peace between us. But since you brought it up, I don't have to kill you to defeat you. You may know how to defend yourself, but I know how to fight. You're a scientist. I'm a general. Also, Twi doesn't seem to have told you, but it appears she based this model a bit off my Mk.8 in that it uses Slipnir & black crystal to absorb & deflect magic, even more than what I had. Luna appears to have been generous in the donation of her precious metal. So, your metal bending powers are essentially nerfed. I can defeat you, but in the context of my original statement, your more likely to defeat me than broker a peace." 

"Now you're just being paranoid again.

"i know how she thinks.  She's plotting against me. Even as I looked over her memories, I saw recollections of a specific one. Or rather, lack of a specific one. A countermeasure made specifically for use against me. Project Everton. Something so crazy, that she's apparently wiped it from her own memories to keep it classified, and has entrusted only Spike, & Professors Simone Del Sol & Sasha Sparks of the research team with the knowledge. So whatever it is, she's gonna bring it out against me."  

"Well yes, and also no. I have certain responsibilities safeguarding the spells needed to make Magitek work, and nopony else knows the complete spell. This keeps me from accepting death. But thinking about how I effectively failed to save you has kept me from moving on as well."

Luster noticed the tear. "You didn't fail. The way you built and programmed me helped me to survive.  And don't blame yourself for how I ended up. Again, my choices. They're my victories and my defeats. My accomplishments and mistakes. Not my programmings. You don't get to take that much credit. "

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

Twilight recieved the message. "More intel from Lektra. She has quite a bit of faith in her creation. What do you make of this Captain?"

"I still think fighting will not be necessary, especially since Luster says she will walk out if she fails in your place as a ruler. For everything else, there's your frame that was meant for her and my armor that she can't defeat as hard as she tries, anyway."

(edited)

I am her, and she cannot stand it

I sighed. Just like one never knows exactly how DNA will combine to make an offspring, one doesn't know how memories will form. "That is really unfortunate, but not unexpected since you're made from not just her scans." I tisk tisked.

Simple

A chuckle here. "My dear, if it was that easy and simple don't you think I'd of done it ages ago? Don't you think I'd of placed a 'fixed' download of Twilight into an organic body if I could? No, that wouldn't be her. That would be an idealized ghost clone. Besides I'm a mechanist, not Celestia. One does not simply play Celestia, or as the humans say play God." I sighed, a feeling of realization bubbling up. "But that's what we did with you, and you didn't turn out exactly how we wanted either. No, anything but the real deal transfer at a real point in time that includes the willing soul wouldn't work out."

"I meant in brokering a peace between us. But since you brought it up, I don't have to kill you to defeat you. You may know how to defend yourself, but I know how to fight. You're a scientist. I'm a general. Also, Twi doesn't seem to have told you, but it appears she based this model a bit off my Mk.8 in that it uses Slipnir & black crystal to absorb & deflect magic, even more than what I had. Luna appears to have been generous in the donation of her precious metal. So, your metal bending powers are essentially nerfed. I can defeat you, but in the context of my original statement, your more likely to defeat me than broker a peace."

I scanned the frame to update the data I had on file. This hadn't been done previously since the look hadn't changed. Mistake on my part to not scan her. "Looks like she's been keeping up a bit too then, as well as possibly preparing for your return. I may need to make a v9.2.9 soon to augment my magic so I could bypass Sleipnir metal. The v9.2.8a design I offered you and used in my armor incorporates the metal as well as capabilities developed exclusively for things produced for internal use by Bolt Solutions. Not for public consumption. We had some Sleipnir metal and Shadow Crystal left over from production of previous frames built before you took to upgrading yourself, so you and I would be even in that regard. But only in that regard. I've been reusing it in new versions of my suits since then and refining it to be able to do more with less, especially since Luna hasn't been seen in many years and quantities are limited. But no, in general you'd probably only beat me in strategy and I'd have to go for power overwhelming. If it comes to us fighting, I'm confident the v9.2.8 is superior." By leaps and bounds to the point of her fighting me might be laughable. It was so nice to be so underestimated. "Scan me to confirm if you want. Twilight's frame can't interpret how Magitek works either, as I've kept the methods to myself all these years. You should be able to recognize there's spells at work though. Remember it's only 15% electrical, with a base mana output that would surprise you. She hasn't upgraded her power output while I have upgraded both the power output over the years as well as what it can do."

I read off the words as spoken by Twilight herself previously, though without the exclamations, not in her voice, and as if I just got the information from the scan. It was kind of in a robotic manner as if reading it off from a specs sheet.

1 × 1045 watts of power! The equivalent of the maximum beaming-corrected intrinsic luminosity of the most powerful recorded gamma ray burst in the Terran universe!"

"Magitek is superior to other forms of Technology, but the downside is it cannot be mass produced in a factory in large quantities. Ignoring the use of an assembly line, all of our products are made effectively by hoof, though of course when I say that I mean by horn. I'm always improving though, and not needing to stay in the realm of science helps. If only you'd studied magic and gained Twilight's experience when you gained her memories, you'd understand better why I'm not worried you've stolen her body." I sighed, then grinned. "You know, in addition to actually believing in you and being confident that you'll do the right thing now that you seem to have accomplished this grand plan. I'm really not all that worried, and believe you will make the right decision before it's time for you to admit you've failed as a ruler. As you said, walk out and stuff. I'm holding you do that, so let's not talk about who can beat who quite yet."

Project Everton. Something so crazy, that she's apparently wiped it from her own memories to keep it classified

"That sounds serious if she's gone to such great lengths. Kind of the extent I go to so the secrets of Magitek aren't misused. But I actually hadn't heard of that so all I can say is good luck with that, me, and whatever form she comes back in. You seem so confident she will come back to confront you in a hostile manner. I still think fighting will not be necessary, if she even comes back." Let's not suggest Twilight is actually coming back and I'll probably be keeping the two from butting heads.

You don't get to take that much credit. "

"I do get to take responsibility for your getting deactivated. I couldn't save you. If I had my way............well you know what would have happened. You saw the projections. If I hadn't been distracted by the fire department the first or third version would likely had occurred. I'm honestly glad it didn't because it means we get to spend more time together." This I said with a grin as I moved to hug my child.

Edited by bronislav84

"Scan me to confirm if you want.

Luster did just that and crunched her statistics. "Unfavorable, but not overwhelming. Difficult, but far from improbable.  You should fear me for the same reason I fear humans. Their knack for finding ways to have smaller, technologically inferior forces overcome the bigger more advanced ones. So if a bunch of monkey's who think at the speed of a donkey cart can do that, then a synthetic life form that thinks at light speed can figure out something. No, it won't be easy. But your defeat? It's doable. If, it should ever come to that. After all, even with that brilliant mind and boundless tech, you are only equine after all."

No, anything but the real deal transfer at a real point in time that includes the willing soul wouldn't work out."

"Well, keep reaching for the stars then professor. Maybe after I break her will to stop pursuing and possessing me, she'll come running into your hooves." 

I'm honestly glad it didn't because it means we get to spend more time together."

"Even after all my proposed genocidal talk, you're still willing to have me around. You're weird."

"But that's not unwelcome."  

Luster embraced the hug. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom,

"I still don't belive it but I will follow your lead Twi you've always done the right thing so as you command." Emerald was still sneaking around it was a lot easier with this suit from Lektra with her own abilities she was not being found as she waited for what was to come. 

(edited)

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

"Lektra appears to be talking her down, but isn't trying to get her out of that body. Her capabilities are too much. The connections and power she has over Euqestria are too far reaching, as was demonstrated with the guards. We need to get her out and into someplace secure, where we can reprogram her. Even if Lektra says she's matured, I need to see that hardcode for myself. I may have a countermeasure in hand, though it's been a very longtime since I've looked it over. Remain on standby, Captain. I'll see if I can set things up." 

About a minute after that, Emerald's ear piece began to ring. Caller ID: Scape, A. 

Edited by Denim&Venom

@@Denim&Venom,

She answered the call reluctantly. "Who is this? I don't really have much time to chat also how did you get this number it's not publicly listed." Another pair of bots made there way past her this place was crawling with these buggers not usually be an issue but now...

@@Mentis Soliloquy, "Because you gave it to me before you left?" Said a familiar voice. "It's me babe. Just thought I'd check in if everything's alright over there. You've been gone for a while. Well at least, I guess it isn't so bad, since your okay. Everypony is talking about what's happened, footage of EUP bots on campus and such. Everything is under control over there, right?" 

@@Denim&Venom,

"Angel?! Hi honey I'm a little um 'busy' at work my dear I can't really go into details so please don't ask just know I'm ok." This was a nice distraction. "Um so what are you doing my little one eh? I'd like to hear about what your doing make a change to what I am doing right now." 

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

"Well actually, it's been kind of crazy ever here. A whole bunch of stuff has happened. To make a long story short, I'm moving out of here. I'm going to be finding myself a new place with different roommates. Hopefully you weren't too attached to that apartment.

@@Denim&Venom

"Am I attached to the apartment I've been to once? Um no i don't think so despite what we got up to but yeah that is no issue Angel I have no qualms with you moving out. But where are you going to go I'm staying at the local barracks remember? I mean you could bunk up with me?..." 

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

"I mean I am looking through places.  I'm in discussions with a trio who own a surprisingly lavish studio place. But should that fall though, I guess I'll be living on base with you. Yeah I'd be up for giving that a shot. See what the guard life is like. Can civilians bunk up with CO's?"