Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Equestrian Techmaturgy RPG (Sign-up)

Quill Waver

RP: https://mlpforums.com/topic/146462-equestrian-techmaturgy-rpg-sign-up-required/

Equestria is the land of equality, happiness, and friendship... although that is what most believe. Every day, there are sources of friction between not only other nations, but within its own borders. Spies, insurgents, politics... Every day Equestria has to keep these aspects in check, but thanks to recent advances in technology, this has become increasingly difficult to perform. Techmaturgy, the hybridization of magic and science, has allowed for boundless creations from scientists across the nation, which has caused the development of many trinkets and gadgets created by civilians and government alike, some for good intent, others for wicked ploys. The grip of the Equestrian Triarchy on its home territory is beginning to slip away, little by little, and you have a choice to make about your own future, and the future of the world.

Welcome to Equestria.

*** Disclaimer: This is a Role-Playing Game (RPG) in which Player choice is HIGHLY impacting on the main storyline. This Game will also involve mild violence, references to alcohol, fantasy religious and/or political values, and moral struggles. This is to allow an interesting and broad array of decisions and artistic flavors. If such a thing is irritating or upsetting to you, I apologize for this. I would recommend that you seek another role-play if this is indeed the case.

*** Rules:

• No sex or erotic themes. Romance is allowed, if kept in moderation.
  • Excessive violence is not allowed, including, but not limited to:
    • Decapitation
    • Amputation
    • Death
    • Heavy bloodshed.
  • Your Character is mortal and imperfect, therefore no "God-Modding". This counts as, but is not limited to:
    • Over-riding the Game Master's jurisdiction in outcomes of actions (E.g., being shot in the chest without protection or regeneration yet fully healing and acting as if it had not happened).
    • Taking control of another Character without their Player's permission.
    • Empowering a Character beyond normal means within the game (E.g., giving them invisibility without a skill-set or other buff to grant it).
  • The Game Master's rulings are not final; however, they require a clear majority (70%) vote to be over-ridden. This over-ride is only allowed one time, after which, the outcome is final.
    • ​​To a similar extent, any RNG (random number generator) aspect can be over-ridden once with a majority vote as well. In such an event, the RNG will run again with a new result.
    • The exception to this rule is during a dispute over a rule violation in which the GM is not the accused party.
  • Starting Equipment is restricted to simple clothing and trinkets. Characters can not start with a backpack or any other item that grants a statistical advantage, be that advantage for combat or otherwise.
    • To a similar note, a Character can not start off as a member of any powerful faction (E.g., Royal Guard) that grants them any advantage whatsoever.
    • Characters also can not have starting traits that would be considered unfair by the GM (E.g., having the innate ability to read minds).
  • No hybrid races such as Alicorns are allowed. The following races are allowed, with some limitations:
    • Earth — Zebra is allowed, but counts as Earth. You must specify.
    • Unicorn
    • Pegasus
    • Changeling — May have wings, horn, or neither, but not both. You must specify.
    • Bat-Pony — May have wings, horn, or neither, but not both. You must specify.
    • Crystal Pony — May have wings, horn, or neither, but not both. You must specify.
  • The Game Master has the verdict to add any, remove, or modify any rule to this list with prior notification and clear majority vote (70%).
  • In the event of whether it is unclear that a rule has been violated, a warning will be issued to the accused party without any penalty, but further violations will result in disciplinary action.
  • The punishment system for violation of these rules is as follows:
    • First offense — Warning. This is self-explanatory.
    • Second offense — Minor debuff (referred to as "Judgement") on in-game Character. The debuff is randomized, but equal in potency regardless of outcome.
    • Third offense — "Judgement" debuff duration and intensity doubled, and one-week suspension from the Game.
    • Fourth offense — Permanent ban and Character removal from the Game.

*** Failure to abide by the above rules can result in your removal from the Game. Rules in red that are violated will count as a fourth offense and result in an instant banishment from the Game. ***

*** Sign-up:

Name:
Race (E.g., Earth, Unicorn):
Appearance (Image or description):
Starting Equipment (If any):
Have you read and agree to all rules?:

*** Accepted Characters (Players) [Race]:

??? (Starfall_Quillwaver) [bat-Pony Unicorn] ***GM***

Dark Star (The Riddling Spectre) [unicorn]

Stormlight (Stormlight) [Pegasus]

Crystal Note (Emerald Bolt) [Crystal Earth]

Serenity Crescent (Inspector VinylWubs) [Pegasus]

Malachi Semi (Gloomfury) [Earth]

Edited by Starfall_Quillwaver
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

would you accept Crystal Ponies?

I would, of course. You just need to specify whether they have a horn or wings. 

(edited)

Can I join with my OC Malachi

Only if he is modified. He has several innate traits that could be considered unfair.

• He has immunity to certain spells. This is simply not allowed.
  • He can sense another's motives, be they for good or evil. While this may be attributed to simply being gifted with the ability to read people, this is not allowed due to the morality system in the game.
  • He is supposedly tied to the Equestrian mafia and is a high-rank member. This can not be allowed simply because of the potential resources it provides.
  • He has a weapon, his father's bat.

If you are willing to discount these, I would be willing to accept him; however, you must still fill out the sign-up registry.

I don't mind taking away the spell immunity or cutting down on his reading of other hearts. But changing the main part of him, being a capo in the mafia, is something I cant do. You're asking me to cut a large chunk out of his character.

And I don't see how that is unfair. 

He's just in his own faction, that others can join as well. If they want. 

(edited)

I don't mind taking away the spell immunity or cutting down on his reading of other hearts. But changing the main part of him, being a capo in the mafia, is something I cant do. You're asking me to cut a large chunk out of his character.

And I don't see how that is unfair. 

He's just in his own faction, that others can join as well. If they want. 

It is unfair in the sense that he has a large sum of power and wealth to bend to his disposal. I'm not saying cut out that aspect, but you should have to remember that it would be incredibly unbalanced if he has this available to him as a resource.

If everyone else has no faction, no money, and no items (except clothing and trinkets which provide no bonuses), your character would have a MASSIVE advantage, being able to basically wipe out all other characters the second they start.

It's not like he's the Don.   Hes a capo for a small family. So the most he'll have his own crew and the ability to buy and run businesses. But I guess i see your point. 

How about in this RP he's just starting out as a capo.The only thing he'll be doing is getting other to join him. 

Other then that he wont have the resources  as the other high ranking members.

Name: Dark Star
Race (E.g., Earth, Unicorn): Unicorn
Appearance (Image or description): Link in my sig
Starting Equipment (If any): I guess none, unless you let me keep my rapier and armor or so... but that will be a no.
Have you read and agree to all rules?: Ayeeeee

Link in my signature.

(edited)

Other then that he wont have the resources  as the other high ranking members.

As long as this is true, then feel free to join.  :)

Starting Equipment (If any): I guess none, unless you let me keep my rapier and armor or so... but that will be a no.

Link in my signature.

After reading Dark Star's bio, he is perfectly fine with me, aside from a few slight details:

• He has a deep understanding of dark magic. Although it is implied that this constitutes "evil" magic, this is relatively unclear. How deep an understanding? How well can he resist corrupting effects? Having a personality and knowledge that can resist dark magic is allowed, if under the circumstance that you understand that personality and knowledge alone will not save him (E.g., a mind control spell will not be resisted by these traits alone).
  • He is an expert duelist/swordspony. This is a combat buff which can not be allowed, at least not from the get-go.

Cool.

Name: Malachi Semi

Race (E.g., Earth, Unicorn): Earth pony

Appearance (Image or description):Normal height, strong build, grayish blue fur, short medium length light brown mane that's usually in a bed head style and doesn't looked to be washed in a long time, as well as his tail. He has a bright red demon eye that seems to glow on his left, where his right eye is blue. He wears a dark tan newsboy cap and a Hawaiian shirt with a gray wife beater under it.

Starting Equipment (If any): His clothes, his steel bat.

Have you read and agree to all rules?: Yeah-hu.

@,

He has a deep understanding of dark magic. Although it is implied that this constitutes "evil" magic, this is relatively unclear. How deep an understanding? How well can he resist corrupting effects? Having a personality and knowledge that can resist dark magic is allowed, if under the circumstance that you understand that personality and knowledge alone will not save him (E.g., a mind control spell will not be resisted by these traits alone).

It is some more basic understanding, he didn't practice it fanatically and stopped quickly enough before it got serious or would claim too huge effect on him. He learned it to better know how to fight it. And yeah, it is his personality that saves him from the corruption, being a very loyal pony who seeks to help others.

He is an expert duelist/swordspony. This is a combat buff which can not be allowed, at least not from the get-go.

Completely fine, I don't mind.

Edited by The Riddling Spectre

Starting Equipment (If any): His clothes, his steel bat.

This is a combat advantage via weapon.

Link in my signature.

Accepted!

Name: Stormlight

Race (E.g., Earth, Unicorn): Pegasus

Appearance (Image or description): Link in Signature

Starting Equipment (If any): Nothing but her black collar that she wears around her neck.

Have you read and agree to all rules?: I have read and agree to the rules accordingly.

@,

Come on dude not his bat too. Whats next the fact that he has mismatching eyes? This is the Equestrian mafia, because there aint no guns they either use their hooves to fight or a melee weapon. 

And it's the only weapon he has. I already gave up his power to see into peoples hearts. 

Plus it's very sentimental. Plus it's not like he's just goes around beating people with it.  Have you seen any mafia movies? They never use valance unless when they have to. Witch doesn't happen a lot. 

(edited)

She is fine with me, despite a glaring problem:

• She has a powerful, long-range weapon. This is not allowed.

Starting Equipment (If any): A standard sword, with a telescope

Neither of these effects are allowed, as they provide unfair advantages. Please refer to rule #5.

Name: Stormlight

Race (E.g., Earth, Unicorn): Pegasus

Appearance (Image or description): Link in Signature

Starting Equipment (If any): Nothing but her black collar that she wears around her neck.

Have you read and agree to all rules?: I have read and agree to the rules accordingly.

Accepted!

@,

And it's the only weapon he has. I already gave up his power to see into peoples hearts. 

Regardless of what happens in mafia movies, which I have seen more than my fair share of, weapons are not allowed for starting equipment. Please refer to rule #5.

I should point out that I don't have a problem with any Character obtaining an advantageous weapon (trinket, armor piece, etc.) through the course of the storyline in-game. Starting with it, however, is too unfair an advantage to give to any one Character.

@,

Fine, hell just have his clothes a copper colored lighter, a few cigars and a flask as 'starting' equipment.

Or is alcohol and tobacco a no no as well?

Sorry that I'm being snippy, you're just taking my OC apart. 

@,

Fine, hell just have his clothes a copper colored lighter, a few cigars and a flask as 'starting' equipment.

Or is alcohol and tobacco a no no as well?

Sorry that I'm being snippy, you're just taking my OC apart. 

That is fine. I'm not trying to completely dis-mantle your Character.

The reason I have made this many rules is because the last time I had an RPG like this, I allowed weapons from the start, and there was one person who repeatedly KO'd or "killed" new Characters. As a result, I've had to take various precautions.

@,

I can remove the weapon from the equation that is fine. she left it a home or something.  

I have no issues with your Character perhaps running across the weapon later on in the storyline. But starting out, I can not allow.

Name: Crystal 'Bass' Note

Race (E.g., Earth, Unicorn): Crystal Pony (no wings/horn)
Appearance (Image or description): Like most Crystal Ponies, Crystal has a shining coat and features, which are dark coloured in nature Crystal's coat is Dark Grey and her mane and tail are dark purple with white highlights.
Starting Equipment (If any): Earphones
Have you read and agree to all rules?: Yes and Yes