Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler |Teaser!|MLP: FIM Season 6 first shots preview!..

IvaCatheriaNoid

That is not an objective fact. That is your opinion.

I've always believed that there were two kinds of alicorns. Natural and ascended. And I've always liked to think of them being a legitimate RACE far, far back in Equestria's history before some unknown cataclysm wiped most of them out. And they don't ALL have to have powers that bend nature to their will. None of this is set in stone, and I like it that way. I like promoting creativity.

The fact that natural born alicorns can come from ascended alicorn parents is interesting. I'm just hoping for something kind of matter of fact. Yes she is a born alicorn. Yeah, that's unexpected, but hey, whatever. She can do some great things when she gets older, but it doesn't have to be THE GREATEST OF ALL THE THINGS. She'll find her place in the world.

And you know, if ascended alicorns are a relatively new phenomenon, then them having children is something that could have results know one knew of before. Nothing is "wrong" per say. The possibility just never crossed anypony's mind.

It only doesn't match up with SOME people's pictures.

It's been said from the very beginning, since the days of Faust, that Luna and Celestia were BORN as alicorns. So there are born alicorns and ascended alicorns. I believe that alicorns were more common a long, long time ago, but the died out for the most part. And since alicorn ascension is a relatively new phenomenon, there's no precedent dictating that their children won't be able to be born as alicorns.

Also I love her giant @$$ wings. She's like Dumbo.

I'm imagining her wrapping herself up in them when she goes to sleep at night. XD

As an update to my stance on this- there is in fact a whole Tribe of natural Alicorns. That said, an Alicorn does not need to be royalty. Also royalty does not need to be an Alicorn. Th Princesses of Equestria (except for theis freak) had special destinies, and a special connection through the tree of Harmony. Further, their connection to the Tree of Harmony puts them in a class all of their own.

After learning this, I can say that there are two main kinds of Alicorns- born and ascended. Being ascended requires doing things far beyond the capabilities of other ponies. Born Alicorns are more powerful than normal ponies, but Twi, Tia, Cadence, Luna (henceforth will be known as the Harmonious Alicorns) have a special connection to the Tree of Harmony, which makes them even more powerful than normal Alicorns.

All of that said, and knowing born Alicorns DO exist in canon, then my opinion has shifted. I will be okay with Princess Fluffernutter if they make her separate from the Harmonious Alicorns. She is just an Alicorn, and isn't special in any particular way. Or, maybe something is wrong with her. That's okay by me too.

Two things I absolutely do NOT want to see is 1) a Dumbo plot or 2) some Chosen One nonsense. I want there to be a catch, or I want her to be just a normal Alicorn, and not included in the special class that the other 4 are in.

I want to take this opportunity to reveal (again :dash: ) that ponies born alicorn DO exist, thanks to this guy

the_journal_of_the_two_sisters_by_iliowa

Avaliable at your nearest Barnes N Noble's

Nothing indicates they're super powerful or are royals by blood or anything. The most it's know about them officially, by that book mostly, is that a tribe of them were occupying what is currently Canterlot before the founding, Celly and Luna were from that tribe, and were handpicked by the founders to be their rulers, representing the 3 founding tribes. They vanished shortly, but no mention of why they disappeared. I think the movie will answer those questions, unless they change the script  

It's definitely the season premiere, the season and episode number appear in the teaser - 601.

I just wonder if that'll be an Equestria going bonkers partly because of McFlurry, or it'll be the first Slice of Life episode in a premiere

• Brohoof 1

I think it's funny how if Hasbro slaps some wings AND a horn on a character at the same time, people lose their fucking minds over it like it's the greatest sin ever cast. Another sign that this fandom takes this show waaaaaay too seriously.

Honestly, I'm loving Flurry Hearts design, and I really hope this is a retcon of the previous design that we saw with the Cake twins.

That said, I'm cautiously looking forward to the new season. :)

I just wonder if that'll be an Equestria going bonkers partly because of McFlurry, or it'll be the first Slice of Life episode in a premiere

This is going to be my new nickname for her!  :lol:

• Brohoof 2

CAN. NOT. WAIT!!!!  :pinkie:

Though, it only says "Spring". Is it this Spring or next Spring? Because I heard that we're not getting MLP back for a year.

why show completed animated clips of something we would be getting next year?
  • Brohoof 1

why show completed animated clips of something we would be getting next year?

Well, maybe this is only what they've completed thus far? I know that's what's caused mid-season hiatuses for this show in the past (unfinished animation sequences). 

• Brohoof 1

sig-4350006.d5e35b.pngI don't think that Hasbro is really care about people of, but it's can be very good for marketing and new story.

sig-4350006.2975d7.pngAs i told before, Hasbro is out of ideas.

MONEY!!  main reason, and we seen the aslicorn foal toy for MONTHS...ugh i'm holding my resreve of how this will pay otu till i see it.  I bet Cadance wil remain a perfect pretty princess, and flawless

Not much to say other than that the wings and horns are a little too big in proportion compared to the rest of her body. Who knows though, it could be part of the plot... I'm expecting some kind of villain would try to kidnap her because of the abnormality or something...? XD

That aside, this is interesting. We'll have to see for ourselves later this spring.

lol or maybe like scootaloo, they are big NOW but comes when seh  gows up they will be teeny tiny

I see a lot of emphasis on Hasbro being the one who's "run out of ideas," etc. But keep in mind that most of the writing and ideas come from the writers and other artists on the production side. I'm not ENTIRELY sure on how all the episodes get OK'd, but I'm pretty sure it's a back and forth sort of thing, with Hasbro having the final say. But don't quote me on it.

• Brohoof 4

I see a lot of emphasis on Hasbro being the one who's "run out of ideas," etc. But keep in mind that most of the writing and ideas come from the writers and other artists on the production side. I'm not ENTIRELY sure on how all the episodes get OK'd, but I'm pretty sure it's a back and forth sort of thing, with Hasbro having the final say. But don't quote me on it.

Partially. MLP is getting to be pretty old for a cartoon after all. However, you can't act like Hasbro is the minority of the problem, and it's mostly the writers, or even that it's half and half. This is 100% obviously a case of Hasbro saying, "We want a pretty Alicorn Princess to be Cadence and Shining's daughter... MAKE AN EPISODE..."

There are cases where Hasbro speaks from on high saying the writers HAVE to incorporate a concept or plot point. This is one of them, so was Twilicorn, Twilight's new castle, and so was Canterlot Wedding.

It's not even necessarily running out of ideas insomuch as Hasbro doesn't care what ideas can reasonably be brought into the show or not.

• Brohoof 2

I am honestly SO annoyed that they made Flurry Heart an alicorn! I mean, they might as well throw in a full tribe of Mary Sues! First we got Starlight, evil sociopath, seems to posses magic even more powerful than Twilight who may I remind you is not only and alicorn but the element of magic, and somehow Starlight got magically forgiven and taken in by twilight although the Twilight already has owlicious and spike, but now we've got another alicorn! Princess Flurry Heart doesn't make anything sense because Cadence was never born an alicorn! Also, she has freaky eye lashes for a filly and iOS seemingly flawless, a massive horn, and even bigger wingspan! Give us a break, Hasbro.... You're running out of ideas and Everypony knows it. And alicorns are meant to be rare. There are a limited amount of big kingdoms, and unless you want random alicorns popping up here and there to rule the larger cities such as Maneatten, they should stop! There are only limited duties alicorns could take on and they're just encouraging fandom to make more alicorn OCs! Also all the alicorns were wiped out apart from Luna and Celestiaso yes, they are pretty rare.

Lol so much for the Skyla fanfic thou XD

I am honestly SO annoyed that they made Flurry Heart an alicorn! I mean, they might as well throw in a full tribe of Mary Sues!

You're assuming that being an Alicorn inherently makes a character a Mary Sue, which is not true. Characters who are Alicorns have been Mary Sues, but that is not because they are Alicorns. Give this character a chance to do something before you instantly brand it as Mary Sue.

First we got Starlight, evil sociopath, seems to posses magic even more powerful than Twilight who may I remind you is not only and alicorn but the element of magic,

So that means that no one can be stronger than Twilight ever? That would make for a boring series if the villains are always inherently weaker than the good guys. Where's the struggle? Where's the conflict? If Twilight was just so strong by default then she'd be boring and a Mary Sue. Is it impossible for someone who trained their whole life to be stronger than Twilight? Hard work pays off.

and somehow Starlight got magically forgiven and taken in by twilight although the Twilight

It's called being responsible. You have this super powerful unicorn who was strong enough to figure out how to manipulate time and space. Given the track record of Equestria, do you HONESTLY think imprisoning/banishing her would help? She'll do exactly what everyone else who was imprisoned or banished did: come back with a vendetta and try to take over, but this time she'll be stronger than ever because she's spent her entire banishment/imprisonment training. Banishment and imprisonment NEVER works for Equestria, so Twilight decided it is better to have that kind of power on their side rather than against them.

The greatest thing you can do for your enemies is turn them into your friends. Plus Twilight is the Princess of FRIENDSHIP. It's kind of in her best interest to teach Starlight friendship rather than give her another reason to be resentful of the world.

Princess Flurry Heart doesn't make anything sense because Cadence was never born an alicorn!

The novel's canon is not really confirmed yet. That being said, as far as we know Celestia and Luna were born Alicorns, so it's clear that they can be born naturally.

Also, she has freaky eye lashes for a filly and iOS seemingly flawless, a massive horn, and even bigger wingspan!

How exactly does that make her "flawless"?

And alicorns are meant to be rare.

Says who? Hasbro never explicitly stated they were rare. It's been implied, but for all we know there was a time when they were abundant. Plus having 5 in all of Equestria is hardly "common". Hasbro could introduce 10 and they would still be extremely rare. Hasbro sets the rules.

There are only limited duties alicorns could take on and they're just encouraging fandom to make more alicorn OCs!

Oh no! The horror! People will make OCs based upon what they like that you're not forced to interact with or read about! Damn people for wanting to make a character that they like, how dare they!

Also all the alicorns were wiped out apart from Luna and Celestiaso yes, they are pretty rare.

What? That was never confirmed in anything ever. Wiped out? It sounds like you're mistaking fanfiction for canon.

Honestly, people need to wait for the freakin' episode before screaming doom and gloom. This fandom does this every time a major change happens it seems. Before they even get the details of the change they are already screaming how the fandom is over and how this is the worst move Hasbro's ever made. 

Woah, woah, calm down before you hurt yourself!

Your points make sense, and I'm glad you have your own opinion, but this is just my opinion. No need to get worked up.

I'm not assuming anything, you just might want to look a bit further than the basic answer. I have a gift in sarcasm.

Also, I don't just Yao things out randomly. I base my facts on truth and may I remind you a lot of other people agree with me on this.

Oh, and by the way, as far as we know, Starlight never knew Twilight existed until she came to visit so your theory about the fact she could have trained for it is wrong, and I never suggested for a second no pony could be more powerful than twilight. But in theory, no pony is more powerful than the elements of harmony for they are the supposed np magic that equestria is built around, but I'm simply saying there's an order. Out of ordinary ponies it doesn't make any sense normal ponies could match Twilights abilities, as proved in several episodes, but Cadence could beat twilight. Luna could beat Cadence. And CELESTIA could beat Luna. It gets boring if you have more than four alicorns. Hasbro does set the rules, yes, but when they take massive, influential steps like op that do you seriously expect everyone to be completely okay and breath over it?

All in all, it all depends on how you look at it.

Also, what is there left for Flurry Heart to be princess of?

.......... Fandom is tiring..... :( D: :/

But it's all just opinion and this is just a little discussion so let's leave it there.

Meanwhile, do you think Cadence and a Shining armour will have another kid?

what's up with her giant wings? she has wings as big as an adult pegasis

While I've brohoofed your post, I have a few things to say. Alicorns have bigger wings then pegasi, compare :twi: to :rd: !

Woah, woah, calm down before you hurt yourself!

I'm fine, no need to insult me. It's a discussion and I am presenting counter points. I'm actually quite calm.

Your points make sense, and I'm glad you have your own opinion, but this is just my opinion. No need to get worked up.

Once again, I'm not. This IS a public discussion, you shared your opinion so I proposed a counter point. That's sort of how discussion works.

I'm not assuming anything, you just might want to look a bit further than the basic answer.

Ummm you kind of did assume a lot:

I am honestly SO annoyed that they made Flurry Heart an alicorn! I mean, they might as well throw in a full tribe of Mary Sues!

You assumed she was a Mary Sue.

First we got Starlight, evil sociopath, seems to posses magic even more powerful than Twilight who may I remind you is not only and alicorn but the element of magic,

You assumed that this meant Twilight is more or less unbeatable.

Give us a break, Hasbro.... You're running out of ideas and Everypony knows it.

Assumption.

And alicorns are meant to be rare.

Assumption.

Also all the alicorns were wiped out apart from Luna and Celestiaso yes, they are pretty rare.

Assumption.

I have a gift in sarcasm.

It must not be that great of a gift because I certainly could not detect a hint of sarcasm. Being good at sarcasm would imply that everyone can tell you're being sarcastic.

Also, I don't just Yao things out randomly. I base my facts on truth

Really because I just pointed out a lot of things you based upon assumption?

and may I remind you a lot of other people agree with me on this.

Good for you, that doesn't make your thoughts any more valid or invalid. Other people are just as capable of being wrong, and those other people more than likely as always are the vocal minority. Just like the people who said Equestria Girls would tank. It didn't, clearly those people are the minority.

Oh, and by the way, as far as we know, Starlight never knew Twilight existed until she came to visit so your theory about the fact she could have trained for it is wrong,

So she needs to know Twilight to train in magic? There is no other motivator such as say... Her friend getting powerful and she wanting to surpass him? Sorry, but my "theory" is actually not a theory. The show blatantly says that Starlight practiced magic. She wasn't born powerful, she trained. It's pretty much blatantly stated, you may want to rewatch the episode.

and I never suggested for a second no pony could be more powerful than twilight. But in theory, no pony is more powerful than the elements of harmony

How do you figure that? It's never explicitly stated that the elements of harmony are the most powerful things in the universe.

Out of ordinary ponies it doesn't make any sense normal ponies could match Twilights abilities, as proved in several episodes, but Cadence could beat twilight. Luna could beat Cadence. And CELESTIA could beat Luna.

How do you know this? Celestia was beaten by Chrysalis using just her NORMAL power source. She wasn't doing anything special. This is all theory.

It gets boring if you have more than four alicorns.

Why?

Hasbro does set the rules, yes, but when they take massive, influential steps like op that do you seriously expect everyone to be completely okay and breath over it?

How is Flurry Heart OP? Being an Alicorn? For all we know she could have a disease that makes it so she can't fly or do magic. Or maybe her magic is weak as shit. You don't know, so why are you guessing?

Also, what is there left for Flurry Heart to be princess of?

Why does she NEED to be princess of anything? She can't just be an Alicorn and not rule a kingdom? Is that such a dreadful thought? 

Thank you for proving me right)

Please accept this is JUST AN OPINION. And you have no way of knowing what I am assuming or not Bec amuse you're not inside my head. By taking so many quotes does suggest you're a little agitated at my points. Please don't b hypocrytical and blame me for insulting you after that post. Also, don't call me minority.

I am stating opinion and what I know. I am not standing in the middle of the Cantrlot Gardens yelling it out to Everypony and killing those who disagree.

Also, a debate is where you counter people's opinions. Sure, discussions one hundred percent include pros and cons, but calling my opinions wrong isn't very fair at all.

But, as I tried to say last time, can we move on? Please don't ignore this part this time.

Or can we at least agree to differ? It's a waste of my time and yours to be argueing.

Thank you for proving me right)

What exactly did I prove right of yours?

Please accept this is JUST AN OPINION.

I never didn't accept it as an opinion. I was just refuting your opinion. This is a public discussion and when you share your opinion you open it to criticism. I was merely following the rules of discussion.

And you have no way of knowing what I am assuming

Except what you blatantly assumed as I pointed out. :P

or not Bec amuse you're not inside my head.

I do not need to  be when you tell us your thoughts, which you did.

By taking so many quotes does suggest you're a little agitated at my points.

Not at all! I merely use this format so it's perfectly clear what point I am addressing specifically. Don't assume anything about my emotional state, trust me, I'm not that easily agitated. Anyone here who knows me can tell you if you catch me outside of a discussion I will be more than happy to chat, shoot the breeze and such. I do not take disagreements so heavily, trust me. Just ask some of my friends like Dark Quivit, Sunwalker, etc.

Please don't b hypocrytical and blame me for insulting you after that post.

I wasn't insulting you, so therefore I am not being a hypocrite. I have shown you respect in this discussion and refuted your points only with counter points and not insults or assumptions that you must be "angry" like you have to me. I have shown you respect and continue to do so. If you do not feel that way, then I apologize.

Also, don't call me minority.

That's not an insult though! Minority isn't a bad thing. It's merely an assessment of the fact that those who share your opinion often times are not the majority. It's merely a statement of the facts, nothing more.

I am stating opinion and what I know.

As am I! I am merely disagreeing with what your opinion is. :)

I am not standing in the middle of the Cantrlot Gardens yelling it out to Everypony and killing those who disagree.

Nor am I. I'm merely providing a counter point. Am I not permitted to do that?

Also, a debate is where you counter people's opinions.

You can as well in a discussion. Debates are more structured and focused arguing points. A discussion is back and forth and allows free form. If people were not permitted to disagree with points in discussions and counter them then all of discussions would read:

"I like thing."

"I also like thing."

"I don't like thing."

"I also don't like thing."

Etc.

Sure, discussions one hundred percent include pros and cons, but calling my opinions wrong isn't very fair at all.

I didn't say they were wrong, I was merely proposing the possibility that they may be wrong or based upon weak points. I am asking for your reasoning behind said opinions.

But, as I tried to say last time, can we move on? Please don't ignore this part this time.

We have though. We're still talking about the topic at hand. This topic is about discussing the new alicorn and season 6 and we are still doing that here so we are on topic.

All I'm asking is for your reasoning for your opinions. Please inform me of your logic behind you points, I am legitimately curious.

OuO .............. what happend to agree to differ...... BUT NEVERMIND! I hate argueing and most of I dislike not making friends soooo thanks for sharing (I think) your opinion and it was very interesting to hear it.

post-37313-0-54971500-1454693532_thumb.jpg

@, I am merely curious about your reasoning for holding those opinions. I wish to understand your line of thinking because I could be wrong in my own. There's no reason we can't be friends just because we disagree.

Like I said, explain it to me, convince me.

Ok I DokiLokthen but you might not like my opinions. One of the reasons I rarely share them is because other people always disagree with them lol... Not that that's a bad thing!

I picture Equestria to be a place..... And I'm stuck already....

Basically my opinions are hard to explain, but the main reason I hate certain charceters are because they're either too full of themselves or to unusually good, or they got let off too easily.

I know these opinions seem half minded and uuuugh stuck again.....

Take Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer. These two ponies/people have both committed evil crimes that mainly effect Twiligt herself. If I ere in her position, even with the goodness in her her heart it still would have taken some unrealistic self control to forgive them that easily.

Basically I just look at situations as if they were in real life. Also, the Flurry A heart thing, I'm taking into account what she'll grow up to be and things to me aren't looking good. I pray to God we don't get stuck with Alicorn personality Rainbow Dash or Fluttershy. Or even Twilight. Personally, I deeply hope she turns evil. That's probably really bad of me but everything gets a bit too sunshine and harmony without a bit of darkness.

You're assuming that being an Alicorn inherently makes a character a Mary Sue, which is not true. Characters who are Alicorns have been Mary Sues, but that is not because they are Alicorns. Give this character a chance to do something before you instantly brand it as Mary Sue.

So that means that no one can be stronger than Twilight ever? That would make for a boring series if the villains are always inherently weaker than the good guys. Where's the struggle? Where's the conflict? If Twilight was just so strong by default then she'd be boring and a Mary Sue. Is it impossible for someone who trained their whole life to be stronger than Twilight? Hard work pays off.

It's called being responsible. You have this super powerful unicorn who was strong enough to figure out how to manipulate time and space. Given the track record of Equestria, do you HONESTLY think imprisoning/banishing her would help? She'll do exactly what everyone else who was imprisoned or banished did: come back with a vendetta and try to take over, but this time she'll be stronger than ever because she's spent her entire banishment/imprisonment training. Banishment and imprisonment NEVER works for Equestria, so Twilight decided it is better to have that kind of power on their side rather than against them.

The greatest thing you can do for your enemies is turn them into your friends. Plus Twilight is the Princess of FRIENDSHIP. It's kind of in her best interest to teach Starlight friendship rather than give her another reason to be resentful of the world.

The novel's canon is not really confirmed yet. That being said, as far as we know Celestia and Luna were born Alicorns, so it's clear that they can be born naturally.

How exactly does that make her "flawless"?

Says who? Hasbro never explicitly stated they were rare. It's been implied, but for all we know there was a time when they were abundant. Plus having 5 in all of Equestria is hardly "common". Hasbro could introduce 10 and they would still be extremely rare. Hasbro sets the rules.

Oh no! The horror! People will make OCs based upon what they like that you're not forced to interact with or read about! Damn people for wanting to make a character that they like, how dare they!

What? That was never confirmed in anything ever. Wiped out? It sounds like you're mistaking fanfiction for canon.

Honestly, people need to wait for the freakin' episode before screaming doom and gloom. This fandom does this every time a major change happens it seems. Before they even get the details of the change they are already screaming how the fandom is over and how this is the worst move Hasbro's ever made. 

The books became all the more canon when GM Barrow joined the show as a writer. And the Book of Two Sisters- where we are getting a lot of this Alicorn lore- was written by a couple of show writers. So yeah, they're pretty canon.

Regarding everyone's accusation that Flurry Fart is a Mary Sue- how many character flaws can a baby have. Powerful babies are inherently Mary Sue-ish. In past implementations of magical and powerful babies, they pretty much always become MacGuffins, Deus Ex Machinas, and Mary Sues all in one. A lot can go wrong with powerful babies and it's hard for anything to go right.

True, the writers of the show are good, and made lemonade several times out of Hasbro's lemons. But this one is an even harder thing to deal with. The easiest way they can save it is by doing exactly what you say- making her weak, or defective in some way. Other options include simply not giving her much screen time, making her evil or something. My favorite possibility is that in-universe, all of the ponies act like born Alicorns shouldn't happen.

Anyways, that's my response to some of your points. The books are a valid source because they are officially licensed, and written by the show writers. And the Mary Sueness accusation comes from historical evidence of how badly "special" babies can go for shows. They can fix it, but the potential for a bland, but OP character is very strong, considering that characterizing a freaking baby is a hard thing to do.

EDIT: One more thing. The fact that Hasbro makes the rules ultimately is another reason why people are annoyed. Yeah, MLP is ultimately a commercial but simply put, people don't like when Hasbro makes story decisions. Because they're toy makers, working from a sales perspective, versus the writers who want to tell a cohesive story. Obviously they interact a lot, and I'm sure Hasbro asks the writers what they are doing story-wise. But when they go above the writers' heads and do something that the writers don't necessarily want to do, it just annoys people who watch for story, like myself.

There are born Alicorns, but the extant Alicorn lore implies that born Alicorns are far away, and in the past. The writers probably would not have done this if Hasbro didn't make them. I mean,  we were led to believe that Fluffernutter was going to be a Unicorn, until Hasbro said NO.

Edited by BalanceBrony

I really don't get why everyone is up in arms about Flurry heart.

An alicorn gets pregnant; its kid is an alicorn. SHOCKING. :P
It makes natural sense to me for cadence's kid to be an alicorn really, even if shining is a unicorn.

On that note though, I'm curious how central she will be to the premier and if this means Starlight glimmer is going to have to "Go, my planet needs me" and not be central to the upcoming season. I sure hope so, as tying her and a new alicorn together would be awkward.
Honestly, I could see them having the changelings returning though; Chrysalis trying to get revenge by stealing and replacing Cadence's new kid would fit with how changelings are supposed to act in lore.

• Brohoof 1

Baby Alicorn! It would be interesting to see where this will lead to in toe first episode. (From what I learned from watching previous animatics, that scene should be 12 min into the first episode)