spoiler "Smile HD", "Cupcakes" and "Derpy Gets Pranked" are now offically down.

Mythical

The whole story of that has many sides. I've heard some say that Hasbro sent them a C&D because of the way they portrayed Celestia while others put the blame on PinkiePony.

I've always been wondering what the true story is myself as I've seen a mixture of Hasbro sending a C&D to him, or he taking it down himself as he got fed up with the drama and how it ended.

Could be from Higurashi?

Umineko actually, its Higurashi's sister series. Wasn't as good though. 

I've always been wondering what the true story is myself as I've seen a mixture of Hasbro sending a C&D to him, or he taking it down himself as he got fed up with the drama and how it ended.

There always seems to be drama brewing on youtube lately :/ 

• Brohoof 1

I will be honest here.

Seriously though, the battle isn't over. There are other videos that have content from those videos, or are reuploads done by those who didn't create them. I think what Hasbro was thinking was more that those videos could scar the younger fans, and/or give the wrong impression of the show. I showed someone this one video (not one of the creepypasta videos but still offensive) and the video was so well done that she thought that was what the actual show was like and didn't want to see or hear anymore. I'm normally one who believes in equal rights, but I think those videos stepped over the line.

• Brohoof 2

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.” — Mark Twain

While I've never had much interest in those particular videos, I highly oppose the idea behind censorship and removal of content that disagrees with one's personal preferences. So long as his actions weren't taking potential revenue from Hasbro nor putting their IPs at risk, then they have very little right to disable his production. Yes, the videos were unsavoury topics. But there's no evidence to support that they did Hasbro or it's assets any tangible damage.

Yes, I'm surprised that this wasn't an event that had occurred until now. But beyond the videos' content this is just yet another action made by a company's legal department in attempts to stifle unaffiliated creative use of characters. Hasbro no doubt had little issue with the mature content, and instead were worried about something outside of their direct ownership becoming too big.
I'd not be surprised if we next hear about them offering him a position as an animator.

• Brohoof 2

9hEemz2.gif

While I must admit that I cannot stand those videos, I'm a little conflicted on the matter it brings up. I don't like the idea of fan content being targeted, but there were expansions on these particular animations earlier (too lazy to go back and quote any of them) in this thread that possibly explained why they were taken down.

I didn't pay much attention to the drama between Hasbro and the fandom regarding this issue, even when the Button Mash thing was taken down.

And I don't really want to crap on whoever made the animations. My feelings aside, they were well-made, at least. If any of my videos got taken down, I'd flip a table (hahaha, if I had any videos  :okiedokielokie: ).

Smile HD has been on you tube for 2 years and the other two videos have been on for four years. They have been taken down now. I understand why Hasbro would take down smile HD, they own the song "Smile". Cupcakes didn't have any of their songs in it and I have no idea why they would take down Derpy Gets Pranked. 

If the TPP passes congress, expect a lot more of this kind of action.

Thing is the guy has a pretty good case for Parody.  Problem is it costs far too much and takes far too long to fight this kind of thing in court which allows for severe overreach by Hasbro and other copyright holders.

I don't have to like something to dislike having it vanish.

Silvadel, the Pegasus of Insight.

Geez, some of you guys heartless. Around 3 years of this guy's work just disappeared, and all I see is "Good riddance". I understand that a lot of bronies don't like grotesque violence (and neither do I), but there were a lot of people who really liked it. It gave people who were into horror and blood something to watch.

I for one will miss his videos. They were unique. Thank you Mister Davie o7

• Brohoof 1

JustJustaMonika.jpg.57d7eb45565d778a5fe909145eda2385.jpgMonika

I don't watch stuff like that for pretty much the same reason I don't watch horror films with no heroes or survivors. It demonstrates a disregard for life in general and an inability to see any value in the lives of others. Why glorify something gone so horribly wrong, an abomination of what it means to be a sentient being? Remember the film 8mm, where Nicholas Cage's character has to watch something disturbing just to figure out if it's real or not, as part of an investigation? His reaction to it? THAT is how those videos made me feel inside, though I did not show it outwardly. Sorry if this comes off harsh, but this is one of those issues where I feel very strongly about it and feel the need to be blatantly honest.

• Brohoof 1

I never cared for his videos a whole lot, but seeing them go is still pretty depressing. He put so much work into them only to have them taken down. They were legendary in the fandom and now they're gone. Although finding them will still be pretty easy.

JIS0uKV.jpg

I think he got what he deserved for his bullshitting.

But god, what's with all the fingerpointing here? Sure, these kind of vids are not your taste, but don't point your fingers at those people, who might be your friends.

Imagine your friend comes to you and says that he likes these kind of vids. Would you point your finger at him?

• Brohoof 5

My OC Mesme Rize: >https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/mesme-rize-r8777

img-31596-1-img-31596-1-msg-34233-0-90052000-1465262037.jpg

Thank you Randimaxis for this Wonderful Avatar. smile.png

Please, don't be afraid to talk to me. I am not as unapproachable, as you might think.

I think he got what he deserved for his bullshitting.

But god, what's with all the fingerpointing here? Sure, these kind of vids are not your taste, but don't point your fingers at those people, who might be your friends.

Imagine your friend comes to you and says that he likes these kind of vids. Would you point your finger at him?

I dunno, I had a friend(1) who loved Cupcakes HD and wanted to show me(I've already seen it by then), his sister, and another friend(2) the video. As soon as I heard the song I then said "fuck this!" and ran out of the room. Then after about a minute later I hear the his sister and my other friend(2) scream in horror and hitting him(1) while he was laughing his ass off. :P

• Brohoof 2

Tbh, I feel that is a big relief. This is due to the fact that many of us bronies are not into that stuff and plus, taking children's cute and innocent characters and putting them through all that is just...ugh...

• Brohoof 2

While I've never had much interest in those particular videos, I highly oppose the idea behind censorship and removal of content that disagrees with one's personal preferences. So long as his actions weren't taking potential revenue from Hasbro nor putting their IPs at risk, then they have very little right to disable his production. Yes, the videos were unsavoury topics. But there's no evidence to support that they did Hasbro or it's assets any tangible damage.

Yes, I'm surprised that this wasn't an event that had occurred until now. But beyond the videos' content this is just yet another action made by a company's legal department in attempts to stifle unaffiliated creative use of characters. Hasbro no doubt had little issue with the mature content, and instead were worried about something outside of their direct ownership becoming too big.

I'd not be surprised if we next hear about them offering him a position as an animator.

And yet people blame me for saying that them taking down Princess Molestia is censorship. See, I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I think it would be a good idea if MisterDavie moved his stuff over to Liveleak, it's a hotspot for violent content and whatnot.

• Brohoof 2

Even if you don't like these animations, this shouldn't happen, it could have been any video, what if Double Rainboom had been banned? Or Ponies.mov? This isn't good, it means that any project isn't secure :/ And maybe, people may think two times before start anything, some awesome projects can be lost.

Even if you don't like these animations, this shouldn't happen, it could have been any video, what if Double Rainboom had been banned? Or Ponies.mov? This isn't good, it means that any project isn't secure :/ And maybe, people may think two times before start anything, some awesome projects can be lost.

To be honest, Hasbro is incredibly tame with their stuff. If it was a company like Disney, HBO or Sony, they would've taken those vids down at the first day.

Be thankful that we have so many great content.

My OC Mesme Rize: >https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/mesme-rize-r8777

Please, don't be afraid to talk to me. I am not as unapproachable, as you might think.

I don't like the videos personally but I know some people out there do and these animations shouldn't be taken down so those people can enjoy them. I also believe any animation put out be it good or bad is a part of the fandoms history and should be treated as such.

I don't like the videos personally but I know some people out there do and these animations shouldn't be taken down so those people can enjoy them. I also believe any animation put out be it good or bad is a part of the fandoms history and should be treated as such.

Not if these are made by a fraud, who claimed that he actually worked for the show, without showing any evidence.

He deserved to get his stuff taking down, because this goes beyond the usual copyright thing.

• Brohoof 1

Not if these are made by a fraud, who claimed that he actually worked for the show, without showing any evidence.

He deserved to get his stuff taking down, because this goes beyond the usual copyright thing.

wait what? I didn't know he claimed to be part of the shows staff I retract my former statement.

wait what? I didn't know he claimed to be part of the shows staff I retract my former statement.

http://mlpfanart.wikia.com/wiki/MisterDaveyHe claimed alot of things, which he dosen't speaks about anymore.