Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why does 28 Pranks Later get so much hate?

Azureth

Definitive answer: Because the ep starts with Fluttershy suffering, panicking and crying.

I agree, I think that her flaw is to be extremely imprudent, we can observe this trait in:

Read it and Weep (fake injure and break into a hospital)

Trade ya (trading Fluttershy)

wonderboult academy (forfeit her dream without even getting a response from Spitfire)

Tanks for the Memories (sabotage)

Those are the episodes that came to the top of my head, there are minor things such as kicking a dragon in the face and the fact that she is a speedophiliac daredevil.

While she does have a lot of times where she thinks strait, some times she won't, and I can relate with that, sometimes I can go weeks going something stupid even with people warning me, like what she did in this ep. and for this, I don't dislike her character in this episode.

But z0mb13Z should have been a gimmick not the culmination of the ep.

I think I'll be changing my head cannon to this. tyvm

Always happy to help n.n I do try my best. 

Here is my question for you guys. Why is The Mysterious Mare Do well hated. I think it was a great episode. :squee:

The episode goes out of its way to humiliate Rainbow Dash for bragging, with blatant hypocrisy on the remane 5's part

• Brohoof 2

I was going to be "okay I guess RD had it coming for her" and shake it off with a laugh. Till at the end when RD said she going to plan a prank to top it off, everyone gave her a "oh no you better not!" look.  That literary shows they ban her from pranking.

and one more thought, how the f**k would a prankster knows if someone would be "offended: or not?? It's a prank, "expect the unexpected". These ponies need learn to chillex, it just a joke. And it's not like RD pranks 6x times on the same pony She only pranked once for each of everypony.

I guess the only sane one is Pinkie pie.

• Brohoof 1

I mean the episode started off in the worst way. pranking fluttershy, I mean that was really out of character for rainbow dash since she knows how sensitive fluttershy is, (and even said she didn't like pranking her) as for the rest of the episode, it seemed the writers ignored her character development from episodes like mare do well, and brought rainbow back to ground zero.

I understand why the townsfolk tried to prank rainbow dash back to teach her a lesson. but they took it waaay too far

The episode goes out of its way to humiliate Rainbow Dash for bragging, with blatant hypocrisy on the remane 5's part

Yeah, that is true. But it was a great lesson for Rainbow and it was funny to watch.

Clearly the lesson wasn't learned however xD 

More aggressive methods were required. :) 

Yeah, that is true. But it was a great lesson for Rainbow and it was funny to watch.

I've often said dash needs to be taught a lesson. I hereby agree. 

• Brohoof 1

Clearly the lesson wasn't learned however xD 

More aggressive methods were required. :)

I've often said dash needs to be taught a lesson. I hereby agree. 

Or, you know, not make anymore episodes like these because they never go over well with the audience, and are always horribly executed. Not to mention, this is 5 seasons later

Edited by Prince Sidon

Or, you know, not make anymore episodes like these because they never go over well with the audience, and are always horribly executed. Not to mention, this is 5 seasons later

That's surely one way to go. Not the direction. I'd go but surely a direction none the less. 

Dash and her inability to change seems to be something that needs to be addressed. 

That's surely one way to go. Not the direction. I'd go but surely a direction none the less. 

Dash and her inability to change seems to be something that needs to be addressed. 

She just doesnt have modesty, she is the lovable rogue, Rainbow Dash is the chaotic good character of the mane six, she is still a good pony though, that much is obvious, they just exaggerated in this episode... the zombies is what annoys me most tbh though... lol aside from the fact that people act like forming a giant collective in on a "secret"(lol) plot against a pony in an already exaggerated nature. is even mildly justified, just come forward, and be like, yo, what the heck dude? somethings got to give, or we need to spend some time apart as friends...

Edited by Rose Coil
  • Brohoof 1

She just doesnt have modesty, she is the lovable rogue, Rainbow Dash is the chaotic good character of the mane six, she is still a good pony though, that much is obvious, they just exaggerated in this episode... the zombies is what annoys me most tbh though... lol aside from the fact that people act like forming a giant collective in on a "secret"(lol) plot against a pony in an already exaggerated nature. is even mildly justified, just come forward, and be like, yo, what the heck dude? somethings got to give, or we need to spend some time apart as friends...

So like..an intervention? :P there's an episode. I would rather deal with Rarity and her booze problem. XD

• Brohoof 1

So like..an intervention? :P there's an episode. I would rather deal with Rarity and her booze problem. XD

Is Icecream the metaphor? haha but yes, Mare Do Well was an over the top intervention... kind of...? xD one that Rainbow Dash had to track down, and that literally evaded her... you see Dashes paranoia in episode one... "Are you a Spy?!" they just mess with a variable they already know about her...

• Brohoof 1

Is Icecream the metaphor? haha but yes, Mare Do Well was an over the top intervention... kind of...? xD one that Rainbow Dash had to track down, and that literally evaded her... you see Dashes paranoia in episode one... "Are you a Spy?!" they just mess with a variable they already know about her...

There's a thought. Butter rum. 

Though I'd love an actual intervention now but I cant..see dash taking it seriously she's not entirely quick on the pick up sometimes. 

There's a thought. Butter rum. 

Though I'd love an actual intervention now but I cant..see dash taking it seriously she's not entirely quick on the pick up sometimes. 

Ultimately I know Rainbow Dash is a short tempered, paranoid, self sensitive, hyper competitive, but loyal and pretty much awesome as they come pony... we dont need to have every character flawless, it doesnt serve the point of character development, but when push comes to shove, I mean, any time its a matter of good vs bad, shes on the edge of her seat to act on the righteous side, but some ponies are just inside their own mind, I think this is inherent, more so than a decision, some people dont realize that.

• Brohoof 1

Think of this episode as being a retrained version of Griffon the Brush Off and The Mysterious Mare Do Well combined together and the worst qualities of both episodes were used to create this one. I'll admit that I had trouble watching 28 Pranks Later because I felt it wasn't executed all that well in terms of both story and character development. Rainbow Dash comes off as being even more of a jerk than usual and everyone else acted in a similar manner despite their supposed good intentions.

• Brohoof 1

Think of this episode as being a retrained version of Griffon the Brush Off and The Mysterious Mare Do Well combined together and the worst qualities of both episodes were used to create this one. I'll admit that I had trouble watching 28 Pranks Later because I felt it wasn't executed all that well in terms of both story and character development. Rainbow Dash comes off as being even more of a jerk than usual and everyone else acted in a similar manner despite their supposed good intentions.

Ultimately I know Rainbow Dash is a short tempered, paranoid, self sensitive, hyper competitive, but loyal and pretty much awesome as they come pony... we dont need to have every character flawless, it doesnt serve the point of character development, but when push comes to shove, I mean, any time its a matter of good vs bad, shes on the edge of her seat to act on the righteous side, but some ponies are just inside their own mind, I think this is inherent, more so than a decision, some people dont realize that.

Dash could use some further shaping as a character. You could easily make the lesson about how sometimes a friend needs an outside perspective to not entirely change but perhaps make a plot (heh) correction. 

The pranks can be fun but she is prone to not knowing when to stop. A good friend would help tell their friend this in a way that sinks in. :) 

• Brohoof 1

Dash could use some further shaping as a character. You could easily make the lesson about how sometimes a friend needs an outside perspective to not entirely change but perhaps make a plot (heh) correction. 

The pranks can be fun but she is prone to not knowing when to stop. A good friend would help tell their friend this in a way that sinks in. :)

You see in "Tanks for the Memories" that basically sabotaging, the entirety of an entire colony of pegasi and Earth ponies work is less important than one winter with her friend... the logic is selfish inherently, with well Rainbow Dash is the definition of "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

• Brohoof 1

You see in "Tanks for the Memories" that basically sabotaging, the entirety of an entire colony of pegasi and Earth ponies work is less important than one winter with her friend... the logic is selfish inherently, with well Rainbow Dash is the definition of "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

Yet in this example it's done for the greater good not the single persons selfishness. We all benefit! :D

• Brohoof 1

Yet in this example it's done for the greater good not the single persons selfishness. We all benefit! :D

Or even when Cider season comes around, there needs to be enough well "at least for her"... I relate to Rainbow Dash more than any other pony, and some of her episodes are really special to me honestly... its just people dont realize, that some people have to go back and look at things from different perspectives, because what makes the most sense to one person, objectively does, and its not necessarily out of wanted selfishness, just inherent selfishness...

• Brohoof 1

Or even when Cider season comes around, there needs to be enough well "at least for her"... I relate to Rainbow Dash more than any other pony, and some of her episodes are really special to me honestly... its just people dont realize, that some people have to go back and look at things from different perspectives, because what makes the most sense to one person, objectively does, and its not necessarily out of wanted selfishness, just inherent selfishness...

Id totally forgot en about Apple cider season.

:) 

• Brohoof 1

Pranks can only be tolerated so much before they end up hurting someone.

• Brohoof 1

Indeed it's all fun and games until someone loses a horn! 

Or a life... some people are very reactionary... and not in a good way, thats the other thing about pranking people, you never know when it will become a prank gone bad... should just not... like i was saying about intervention instead of an elaborate zombie prank, dash could have really hurt someone unintentionally... in a fit of primal rage... 

• Brohoof 1

Or a life... some people are very reactionary... and not in a good way, thats the other thing about pranking people, you never know when it will become a prank gone bad... should just not... like i was saying about intervention instead of an elaborate zombie prank, dash could have really hurt someone unintentionally... in a fit of primal rage... 

A good point as well. It could turn into a multi tier lesson

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

Because its basically just Mysterious mare do well basically all over again, like in MMDW the mane 5 excluding rainbow dash said bragging isn't right, and what do they do? basically go brag about MDW in sugar cube corner and basically just stopped RD from being a hero and doing what she wanted to do. In 28 Pranks later, they basically did the same, all she did was PRANK ponies and they literally stopped her by SCARING her to death, and yeah i guess RD was out of character in 28 pranks later, and thats all she needed when she literally accomplished her dreams and got called RC. (Rainbow Crash)

• Brohoof 1