Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Next Season might be about the "Guardians Of Harmony"

Buck Testa

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2016/02/10/my-little-pony-guardians-of-harmony-exclusive/80103638/

So it was revealed awhile ago that Hasbro trademarked the phrase "Guardians of Harmony", and now their new toyline is running with that very name. From what little I've seen of it, it seems to have an emphasis on military themes, including Shining Armor riding a notably larger spike and both clad in armor. 

635906658846886888-B6012AS00-MLP-Big-Dra

And it also shows Twilight Sparkle fighting a changeling with what looks like some kind of Saddle mounted weaponry

635906658840802849-MLP-Guardians-Figure-

Since the last line of toys talked about Cutie Mark Magic and that led to an entire season revolving around cutie marks in one way or another, I'm thinking this upcoming season is going to be about this "Guardians of Harmony" concept. More specifically, I think the wars we saw in the season 5 finale's alternate universes might be a precurser to some events that are going to happen in this season. Weaponry for the ponies would sell toys too, cause I mean look at them they are freaking awesome  :wub:

What do you think about this? Do you think this next season will be "Guardians of Harmony" focused considering this information? Does that mean we'll see our Princess Twilight Sparkle leading soldiers to battle equipped with saddle mounted weaponry like shown above? Will it be season long or just a season Premier/Finale event? 

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 5

Is this a real thing? I've seen like 3 threads about this now.

Yes this is a real thing, and we all came with the info at the same time XD

I'm trying to get the topics merged so it'll all be organised in a little bit :P

• Brohoof 2

I think season 6's theme is "exploring Equestria" and not......this. Maybe season 7 or even the movie but I think the commercials have established season 6's theme already as Exploring Equestria, as one commercial with that trademark showed Pinkie with her swan boat we saw on a facebook teaser.

• Brohoof 2

I think season 6's theme is "exploring Equestria" and not......this. Maybe season 7 or even the movie but I think the commercials have established season 6's theme already as Exploring Equestria, as one commercial with that trademark showed Pinkie with her swan boat we saw on a facebook teaser.

Do you have any links to these commercials you are talking about (besides the sneak peek cause I've seen that)? Exploring equestria and Gardians of harmony don't sound mutually exclusive either. 

Do you have any links to these commercials you are talking about (besides the sneak peek cause I've seen that)? Exploring equestria and Gardians of harmony don't sound mutually exclusive either. 

Here's the Pinkie Pie swan boat commercial.
  • Brohoof 1

Here's the Pinkie Pie swan boat commercial.

Hmm, well that's pretty strong evidence right there. Perhaps Explore Equestria will lead into Guardians of Harmony? That would make sense, considering it would allow Twilight to get more familiar with her role and diplomatic abilities. 

I'm not expecting this to have any impact on the show actually, especially with S6's theme being "Exploring Equestria". It'll most likely be a side toy line 

They do have a comic series going with it, though given IDW's track record with serious adventure stories in their MLP line, I have about as much faith in them as I do with George Lucas and Star Wars

That said those figures look fantastic

• Brohoof 3

I'm not expecting this to have any impact on the show actually, especially with S6's theme being "Exploring Equestria". It'll most likely be a side toy line 

They do have a comic series going with it, though given IDW's track record with serious adventure stories in their MLP line, I have about as much faith in them as I do with George Lucas and Star Wars

That said those figures look fantastic

I didn't know about the "exploring equestria" thing cause I don't really watch tv, but I do think they might at least lay the groundwork for Guardians of Harmony even if its not going to be the main theme of the Season. 

And I know right?! Might have to give Twilight the Xena Theme with stuff like that lol 

So it was revealed awhile ago that Hasbro trademarked the phrase "Guardians of Harmony", and now their new toyline is running with that very name. From what little I've seen of it, it seems to have an emphasis on military themes, including Shining Armor riding a notably larger spike and both clad in armor. 

sig-4371419.635906658846886888-B6012AS00

And thus thousands of headcannons that Spike would remain a baby dragon forever because he refuses to be greedy cried out in anguish...

Cool to see Shining interacting with Spike, but if this does eventually make it into the show, I always thought it would be them male bonding over comic books, not SA riding Spike as his royal steed... :blink:

• Brohoof 1

And thus thousands of headcannons that Spike would remain a baby dragon forever because he refuses to be greedy cried out in anguish...

Cool to see Shining interacting with Spike, but if this does eventually make it into the show, I always thought it would be them male bonding over comic books, not SA riding Spike as his royal steed... :blink:

Perhaps he temporarily makes a big pile of stuff and he has to be saddled and ridden in order to control him in his feral state?

the final nail hasn't fallen on that particular headcanon until its stated in the show (mostly cause I love that headcanon)

• Brohoof 1

Curious. Very curious. Does this actually mean that all “it’s for little girls” pundits have been wrong all along? Are young males really that much of a big deal that H-Bro was compelled to start catering? Or is it that the interests of young girls have changed? I do think it’s the former. The interests of the two groups haven’t changed all that much, what has changed is only the interpretation of said interests.

So, have I dreamed of such a day? Yes. Am I skeptical? Always. We’ll see how these things pan out in the future, but the only problem for me right now is that the comics will be handled by IDW. Expecting them not to screw things up is like expecting pigeons not to shit all over the floor.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2016/02/10/my-little-pony-guardians-of-harmony-exclusive/80103638/

sig-4371419.635906658846886888-B6012AS00

And it also shows Twilight Sparkle fighting a changeling with what looks like some kind of Saddle mounted weaponry

sig-4371419.635906658840802849-MLP-Guard

Since the last line of toys talked about Cutie Mark Magic and that led to an entire season revolving around cutie marks in one way or another, I'm thinking this upcoming season is going to be about this "Guardians of Harmony" concept. More specifically, I think the wars we saw in the season 5 finale's alternate universes might be a precurser to some events that are going to happen in this season. Weaponry for the ponies would sell toys too, cause I mean look at them they are freaking awesome  :wub:

What do you think about this? Do you think this next season will be "Guardians of Harmony" focused considering this information? Does that mean we'll see our Princess Twilight Sparkle leading soldiers to battle equipped with saddle mounted weaponry like shown above? Will it be season long or just a season Premier/Finale event? 

OH SNAP it's finally happening! YES it's gonna happen for real this time yo, Yeeeesss I liked it I LOVED IT!! (Hook reference haha Jokes!) Guardians of Harmony is gonna be wicked cool and FYI, it's the name of the 2017 movie, OK?

Edited by MAIKUN
  • Brohoof 1

Perhaps he temporarily makes a big pile of stuff and he has to be saddled and ridden in order to control him in his feral state?

the final nail hasn't fallen on that particular headcanon until its stated in the show (mostly cause I love that headcanon)

Possible, though it's getting doggone close to making Spike more like a Digimon instead of a plain old dragon. (Not that I have a problem with that - I loved the first two three seasons of Digimon)

What has me depressed is Spike doesn't have any wings, and adult Spike should -always- have wings IMO, because I want him to be able to fly his friends around someday. Though if I follow through with the Digimon analogy, I suppose Spike might have different forms depending on how he powers up...

Edited by Truffles
  • Brohoof 1

I do not know what this could lead too. It could just be to advertise that arc in the comics though I feel like this could be more. They never make toy lines for stuff exclusively in the comics so this makes me think it could also be something in the show. I'm thinking the movie seeing as the theme for season 6 is Explore Equestria. Though this could also leak into season 6.

I will say, those figures look cool.

• Brohoof 2