Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc The Search for the Sword (Closed)

Gatekeeper Giggle

Link to RP

Long ago, powerful Earth Pony hero used a legendary sword of great power to defeat a insidious evil set on total domination of all of Equestria. Upon her death, her sword was shattered into seven shards, and scattered across Equestria to keep the sword out of the hooves of those who would misuse its incredible power. However, the sword's time has come once more. The insidious villain has returned to once more plague Equestria, and seeks to take the sword before it can be used again. A new hero must rise up, and restore the sword to its former glory, or Equestria is doomed.

This is a closed RP with my two friends @Trottermare Galamane and @Randimaxis. I intended this for just the three of us, but If anypony else really wants to join I may allow it, but you'll have to get the approval of all three of us, not just me.

UPDATE: sorry, no longer accepting new players.  :mellow:

<<>>

Both of you are probobly familiar with these rules, but out of sheer force of habit I'll recite them here.  :P

1. As always, follow the global rules. You definitely want to look at these rules too.
  2. You can't use any powers, abilities, or items that aren't either on your character page or haven't previously been acquired during the normal course of the RP. Essentially, don't do this
  3. You can kill as many NPCs as you want (Well, not without consequences, but I digress) but you can't kill any player controlled characters without the player's express permission. Feel free to kill my OCs, but I won't make it easy on you.  ;)

That should be it regarding rules. 

One thing I forgot to mention, this RP does not have a fixed rate at which you must make posts. Just post whenever you can!  ^_^

<<>>

Trottermare will probobly be playing as Caster Forge Iron. Before you make your first post you may want to tell us a bit about your OC, like his personality, backstory, and special talents!  :fluttershy:

Randimaxis will be playing the entire Blackwater family. Links to their character pages are on his profile page!

I will be playing as Stormgiggle and Dividend Yield, but I'll also be controlling any NPCs you may run across or want to interact with. 

<<>>

As for your first post in the RP, I suggest the following to get us started. If either of you have a different direction you'd like to go in, that's okay by me, just tell me what you have in mind first!  :grin2:

Randimaxis, I suggest you start us off by having one of the miners in the Blackwater mines dig up the one of the sword shards, and then bring it to your OCs. They probobly won't know exactly what it is, but they'll be able to tell that it is a very valuable, and magical, relic. 

Trottermare, I suggest you start out by simply having your OC going through the motions of a normal day for him. A mysterious pony will soon show up and make you an offer...

<<>>

I'll tell you some things about the sword here. Keep in mind that most of this stuff is out of character knowledge that your OCs don't know.

• The location of the sword shards is not exactly common knowledge, but a certain book in the Canterlot Royal Library reveals the original resting places of each shard. Many historians, relic collectors, and treasure hunters also know where the shards may likely be and will be able to identify one. But keep in mind that the some of shards could have been looted from their original resting places...
  • Stormgiggle knows where most of the shards are, as she was alive when they were first hidden. However, she can't retrieve the shards on her own. 
  • Sword Shards are powerful relics, and cannot be destroyed via normal means. They possess the power to ward off evil. Stormgiggle cannot directly harm anypony who is holding a sword shard on their person, and if one touches her it will burn her.
  • A fully reforged sword is as powerful if not more powerful then the elements of Harmony. The sword can slay any being of evil with one swing, but cannot harm the innocent. It also completely protects the wielder from dark magic. 
  • Caster Forge Iron is the only pony who can reforge the sword to it's former glory, and he can only do this if he has all seven shards. Anypony else who tries to reforge the sword will fail. 
Edited by Robotic Stormgiggle
  • Brohoof 1

Ok well I guess I should make a basic personality for Caster Forge'iron...(i'll see about making a proper OC Character sheet for him in the next Couple of days)

Well despite the fact he is logical an relatively emotionless he is a pony that generally tries helping people and there are many people out there that will return the favor without question however this also means that he can be quite gullible.

His mane ability is that he can forge almost any material into any shape and can even add some powerful enchantments if given the time(hours so nothing in a fight). He can make some basic machines and traps but as he has had no actually training in it he must rely on experience and intuition along meaning that they are prone to malfunction. 

He is a blacksmith so his strength is greater then the average Stallion and he also has a Hyper metabolism so he doesn't need much sleep compared to most but generally has to eat quite alot. (I thought I should add this as it can be both a good and bad thing, As I would be a good night watch but we will go through supplies a bit quicker)

His lack a emotion makes it hard for him to get scared and he will stand against all odd with pride but he also calculates his moves so he may be willing to let someone die if he thinks it will spare another. He has no desire for money or fame and does not think his life is more valuable then anyone else's (this means he is more willing to sacrifice himself for the betterment of his friends despite the fact that he is needed more in this scenario)

That's all I can think of at the minute but if you have any questions feel free to ask ¦) how's that storm? 

Edited by Trottermare Galamane
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ok well I guess I should make a basic personality for Caster Forge'iron...(i'll see about making a proper OC Character sheet for him in the next Couple of days)

Well despite the fact he is logical an relatively emotionless he is a pony that generally tries helping people and there are many people out there that will return the favor without question however this also means that he can be quite gullible.

His mane ability is that he can forge almost any material into any shape and can even add some powerful enchantments if given the time(hours so nothing in a fight). He can make some basic machines and traps but as he has had no actually training in it he must rely on experience and intuition along meaning that they are prone to malfunction. 

He is a blacksmith so his strength is greater then the average Stallion and he also has a Hyper metabolism so he doesn't need much sleep compared to most but generally has to eat quite alot. (I thought I should add this as it can be both a good and bad thing, As I would be a good night watch but we will go through supplies a bit quicker)

His lack a emotion makes it hard for him to get scared and he will stand against all odd with pride but he also calculates his moves so he may be willing to let someone die if he thinks it will spare another. He has no desire for money or fame and does not think his life is more valuable then anyone else's (this means he is more willing to sacrifice himself for the betterment of his friends despite the fact that he is needed more in this scenario)

That's all I can think of at the minute but if you have any questions feel free to ask ¦) how's that storm? 

That sounds great, Galamane! I'll be making the actual RP tonight. Feel free to make your first post any time after that.

This sounds like something Copper Strikes is gonna get into eventually.  He's there for anypony in need.  Here's the link to his bio.

I'm a friend of Randimaxis, so he knows how well I can role play.   :)

I do like your OC, but as this is technically a closed RP I must be more restrictive in who I let join. To get my approval, all I ask is that you answer me these questions three, and based on your responses I will decide to allow you to join or not.

1. What about this RP interests you?
  2. What role do you envision your OC preforming in this RP? 
  3. How did you come across this RP?

Also, please be aware that even if I say yes you may still not be able to join, as @Trottermare Galamane and @Randimaxis also get a say in whether you get to join, as I feel it would be unfair to let in new people without giving my two friends a say in the matter after I told them this would be a private RP.

Edited by Robotic Stormgiggle
  • Brohoof 1

Anything you'd like to know about the Blackwaters can be found in that little invitation under my sig; that's where you find the entire family (and the quarry, which will possibly be where my scene begins).

@

Heh.  Well, When I found this role play it sounded very interesting to find shards of a sword.  Not that easy I can tell.  As far as envisioning a role, Copper is going to be the one who helps out these ponies, because that's his destiny.  And really, I was searching role plays to see if any one of them interests me.  This sounded very interesting, so I felt like joining this.

Any other questions?

Well Iv'e made a basic character sheet if anyone want's a look? https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/caster-forgeiron-r9400

and I may have to wait until fate happen's my way to join as I can't see myself finding out about the handle without someone coming to me (or at least mentioning it around me) 

although I do like the way it started...Nicely done Randi ‡)

• Brohoof 1

@@Randimaxis,

Ohh, a letter? :ooh:  To whom in Canterlot did you send it too? 

and I may have to wait until fate happen's my way to join as I can't see myself finding out about the handle without someone coming to me (or at least mentioning it around me)   

You don't need to be involved in the handle just yet.  ;) If you want, you could write about your OC going about his morning routine? I'll have something else for you to be involved in besides the handle. Don't worry, you'll get tangled up in that sooner or later. 

Heh.  Well, When I found this role play it sounded very interesting to find shards of a sword.  Not that easy I can tell.  As far as envisioning a role, Copper is going to be the one who helps out these ponies, because that's his destiny.  And really, I was searching role plays to see if any one of them interests me.  This sounded very interesting, so I felt like joining this.   Any other questions?

Sounds good to me! I'll give you my permission to join, but you still need to get Randimaxis and Galamane's approval before you can start posting.  ^_^

Sounds good to me! I'll give you my permission to join, but you still need to get Randimaxis and Galamane's approval before you can start posting.

Hmmmm... I would actually like to know what part you would like to see Copper play in this - it might help us all to work towards it accordingly.  Give us a couple of ideas to start with; let's see how we can incorporate Mr. Strikes into the fray.

As far as a vote on entry, Dwhite is fine by me; the call is left to Sir Trotter.

Ohh, a letter?   To whom in Canterlot did you send it to?

Why, the Historical Preservation Society of Canterlot, of course.  That way, there can be messages sent out to the others to gather for a quest, if need be.  Plus, it may cause some intrigue, and mayhaps even spies will overhear about it and deliver the information to 'shady sources'...

Luther would have done so because he is far from clueless; sword handles don't just show up inside mountains - it could possibly be historical or even monetarily valuable.  He may not know WHAT yet, but there could be something to this...

Simply something to get things going with; use it however you wish, my friends.

• Brohoof 1

I have much respect for this.  :squee: Even if the rest of my post here goes disregarded, I want it to be known that I like the story set up and I like how selective you are being with who gets approved to be part of this roleplay.

That being said, I think I have an OC that would fit well with a story like this. Allow me to tell you about my OC named Samurai Equine:

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/samurai-equine-r7058

My character is a pony from Japon, a distant part of Equestia in the far east. Samurai Equine has always been an armored warrior pony that has fought for peace and justice, protecting innocent ponies from extreme dangers with his fire-based magic. He is no stranger to battle, though he isn't perfect either. With his loyalty to Princess Celestia above all other princesses, he usually seeks her permission before handling international affairs. Fire, while impressive, is also not a perfect defense. It's weak against water and ice. Depending on the story, if the shards are scattered to the various ends of Equestria, it's plausible that Samurai could also find a shard. At the very least, if he was included in this story, you'd have a wider international scale to make your story more interesting.

I'd like to think, as a champion of justice, my character would fit in well with a story like this. He has faced villains before, and he would never wield a weapon with evil intent. At the same time, he may be a warrior, but he is not a blacksmith of any kind. He cannot forge weapons, and he prefers to use sentimental weapons that he has earned. Otherwise, he tends to stick with his own magic and physical abilities. If necessary, I can play any wide range of Japonies NPC's that would be needed. I can play anyone from Samurai's mentor, random Japonies citizens, and even enemies that Samurai has faced. But I'd also make sure none of my characters would pull focus from the main story, main characters, nor would they break any rules.

If you need references on my roleplay abilities and such, I have people you can contact and I can link to other roleplays I've been in.  :grin2:

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

Hmmmm... I would actually like to know what part you would like to see Copper play in this - it might help us all to work towards it accordingly.  Give us a couple of ideas to start with; let's see how we can incorporate Mr. Strikes into the fray.

As far as a vote on entry, Dwhite is fine by me; the call is left to Sir Trotter.

Why, the Historical Preservation Society of Canterlot, of course.  That way, there can be messages sent out to the others to gather for a quest, if need be.  Plus, it may cause some intrigue, and mayhaps even spies will overhear about it and deliver the information to 'shady sources'...

Luther would have done so because he is far from clueless; sword handles don't just show up inside mountains - it could possibly be historical or even monetarily valuable.  He may not know WHAT yet, but there could be something to this...

Simply something to get things going with; use it however you wish, my friends.

I have several ideas, but... I really don't want to spoil any of them.  :rarity: Suffice it to say that if Copper gets in I'll start him off in his natural element, a race! ^_^ Then things will evolve from there... 

Fascinating... Yeah, you've definitely kicked things off now.  ;)

Actually, I was planning to keeping you guys apart, for a the beginning bits.  :rarity: I'm sure you'll all meet of together sooner rather then later, but I don't want to force it.

I have much respect for this.  :squee: Even if the rest of my post here goes disregarded, I want it to be known that I like the story set up and I like how selective you are being with who gets approved to be part of this roleplay.

That being said, I think I have an OC that would fit well with a story like this. Allow me to tell you about my OC named Samurai Equine:

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/samurai-equine-r7058

My character is a pony from Japon, a distant part of Equestia in the far east. Samurai Equine has always been an armored warrior pony that has fought for peace and justice, protecting innocent ponies from extreme dangers with his fire-based magic. He is no stranger to battle, though he isn't perfect either. With his loyalty to Princess Celestia above all other princesses, he usually seeks her permission before handling international affairs. Fire, while impressive, is also not a perfect defense. It's weak against water and ice. Depending on the story, if the shards are scattered to the various ends of Equestria, it's plausible that Samurai could also find a shard. At the very least, if he was included in this story, you'd have a wider international scale to make your story more interesting.

I'd like to think, as a champion of justice, my character would fit in well with a story like this. He has faced villains before, and he would never wield a weapon with evil intent. At the same time, he may be a warrior, but he is not a blacksmith of any kind. He cannot forge weapons, and he prefers to use sentimental weapons that he has earned. Otherwise, he tends to stick with his own magic and physical abilities. If necessary, I can play any wide range of Japonies NPC's that would be needed. I can play anyone from Samurai's mentor, random Japonies citizens, and even enemies that Samurai has faced. But I'd also make sure none of my characters would pull focus from the main story, main characters, nor would they break any rules.

If you need references on my roleplay abilities and such, I have people you can contact and I can link to other roleplays I've been in.  :grin2:

Well, I'd normally ask you questions, but it seems you've pretty much already answered all of them!  :fluttershy: I find your character fascinating, and considering your abilities I'm certain you'll make this RP very interesting. Yeah, I'll give you my permission, but you still need Randimaxis and Galamane to ok you as well before you can post.

<<>>

And before any more new role players come out of the wordwork, I'm sorry but 5 is my absolute limit on people. This RP is now CLOSED instead of "closed." 

And before any more new role players come out of the wordwork, I'm sorry but 5 is my absolute limit on people. This RP is now CLOSED instead of "closed." 

Make sure to put that in the title; it'll help discourage further attempts.

I'd like to think, as a champion of justice, my character would fit in well with a story like this.

Hmmmmm... describe a scene to me: The lone Samurai, meditating in a zen garden.  

If you'll further humour me, I'll also stipulate that this samurai shouldn't speak, nor should we hear his thoughts.   The name is unimportant; paint me a scene with words.  Wow me... and my vote is yours.

(Actually, you've probably got my vote anyway, simply based on your background and the RP possibilities you'd present.)

• Brohoof 1

So it appears that there are two people who are wanting to join in our RP and need my vote, So i'm going to give you both a scenario and you are going to say how you're OC would react OK...(there's no right of wrong answer i'm just trying to get a grasp of you character)

@DwhitetheGamer aka "Copper Strikes"

you are with a friend walking down a path through the wood's (a common road not usually known for being dangerous) and you're friend sees another old and overgrown path on the left and he says "let's see what's this way" and runs down the path, you go after him and the path leads to an old crumbling manner with a wall around it (probably been abandoned decades ago) you here you friend so you go through the gate (which is already on the floor rusting away) you can't see you friend so you shout on him

But when you do you hear a loud clanging sound from outside the wall and turn around to see a pony(you think) that's far lager then anyone you have ever seen (probably twice you height or more) and he's covered from head to toe in ancient rusting armor. He sees you take's out a halberd and shout's "WHAT" then starts running at you.

So what would Copper do? (note that your inside the wall at the minute although you might be able to get around as he isn't that fast)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Samurai Equine aka "Samurai Equine" (I know it's the same but still)

you are asked to guard a Convoy of about 18 or so across a frozen tundra and accept. your trip has gone to plan so far but when you are leaving a mountain pass the convoy get's surrounded by thief's and murders (8 in total) and they ask for all food and valuables (including your family sword) and they leave everyone be or if you say no they will kill everyone. 

So what will "Equine" do?

here's so context on the situation.

There are 18 of you's but only you and another guard can fight and even if you can win you can't protect all the convoy at once as you are surrounded.

you are about 10 days away from your destination so the lack of food will be bad but not dangerous plus you are in the wild so there is still some things you could eat if you must.

7 members of the convoy are children and there are no pegasi.

your mission is to get the people safely to the destination not to bring any specific items.

the only valuables in the convoy is a bit of gold and everyone personal belongings.

the bandits are well armed and the only proof you have that they will leave you in peace if you cooperate is there word

Edited by Trottermare Galamane
  • Brohoof 1

@DwhitetheGamer (don't worry about the reply speed)

Yes but in the scenario the big guy came from outside the gate and sound made buy your friend came from inside the manner so your choices would be to go around the armored guy and leave your friend or go into the manner after your friend knowing that you couldn't get past the big guy in a corridor's if you got cornered!!

(it's not about a right or wrong choice, it's about weather you would make a logical choice or a emotional one, or even the ability to come up with a creative solution to tip the balance in your favor)

@@Trottermare Galamane

Hmph.  Then Copper would have to follow after his friend to the manner, as he's somepony who'll fight for his friends.

Also... mind if I throw in Princess Celestia for me to role play?  Or is that already taken?

@DwhitetheGamer

ahh so he's either brave or foolish haha I like that , you get my vote, welcome Copper to the RP although you might have to wait for the story to progress a little before popping in like me ¦)

I think  is going to be Celestia so you might want to ask him.

Sorry, but I'll be controlling Celestia.  :twi:

Sorry for the delay of a few days, everyone!  :please: Internet server problems.

Hmmmmm... describe a scene to me: The lone Samurai, meditating in a zen garden.  

If you'll further humour me, I'll also stipulate that this samurai shouldn't speak, nor should we hear his thoughts.   The name is unimportant; paint me a scene with words.  Wow me... and my vote is yours.

(Actually, you've probably got my vote anyway, simply based on your background and the RP possibilities you'd present.)

I hesitate using the word Zen in a My Little Pony universe, because Zen is linked to Buddhism, and I hate to entertain religion in a universe that doesn't necessarily have any or need any. I don't mind incorporating various monsters and demons of legend because they would fit, but religion is one thing I gotta be careful of. After all, my character does not come from Japan, but rather Japon, the ponified version of Japan. Sorry to nitpick, just wanted to point out that there would be some differences and adjustments.  :)

While meditation is one way to sharpen the mind and harness one's spirituality, Samurai Equine is not a pony who would focus on that for very long. The closest thing he might do, in terms of meditation, is try to sharpen or improve his elemental magic. And since Fire is the magic he has mastered, a beautiful garden is not the right place for that; a beach might be better. For him, actions speak louder than words! If there are no other pressing matters to attend to, he might sharpen his combat and weapon-handling skills, practice the art of Japonies writing, help tend to the Cherry Blossom trees, or even practice some traditional Japonies music such as Shigin, Wagakki, or Enka. On a rare occasion, he might even be willing to take part in a Kabuki theater play.

Was there something specific you were looking for?  :twi:

@Samurai Equine aka "Samurai Equine" (I know it's the same but still)

you are asked to guard a Convoy of about 18 or so across a frozen tundra and accept. your trip has gone to plan so far but when you are leaving a mountain pass the convoy get's surrounded by thief's and murders (8 in total) and they ask for all food and valuables (including your family sword) and they leave everyone be or if you say no they will kill everyone. 

So what will "Equine" do?

here's so context on the situation.

There are 18 of you's but only you and another guard can fight and even if you can win you can't protect all the convoy at once as you are surrounded.

you are about 10 days away from your destination so the lack of food will be bad but not dangerous plus you are in the wild so there is still some things you could eat if you must.

7 members of the convoy are children and there are no pegasi.

your mission is to get the people safely to the destination not to bring any specific items.

the only valuables in the convoy is a bit of gold and everyone personal belongings.

the bandits are well armed and the only proof you have that they will leave you in peace if you cooperate is there word

Please forgive me, I like to make my own recap before I answer hypotheticals...

Protect a convoy of 18 members. 7 are children, one is a guard, the others have no self-defense skills. The bandits, a team of 8, ambush us on the mountain and they want our food, our valuables, my sword, and our compliance. There is no guarantee they will leave us alone other than their word. Is that correct? If so, here is my answer...

Samurai Equine has fought villainous rouges like these before many times, and despite looking like he is weighed down, Samurai has built up an endurance to using his armor. He is actually quite nimble and athlete in his armor, which is actually lighter than knight or royal guard armor. Samurai knows that evil never upholds its promises; furthermore Samurai doesn't actually use or carry a sword regularly since his horn tends to be enough of a sword for him to use. With a combination of his honed speed, agility, and fire magic; Samurai would have no problem fending off the majority of these combatants. For you see, the samurai class is not too different from the famous knights. With war-time combat experience and a refined training regiment on his side; his theatrical, daredevil-like fighting style should be able to over power most bandits despite their numbers. He might even leave 2 for the other guard joining him. And if he can, he will spare them. He'd rather send them running in fear and pain than to actually take a life, but he will if he absolutely must. (I hope this is NOT that kind of RP though...)

However! On the grounds that Samurai has still been underestimated (which can definitely happen, I am not trying to make him a Gary Stu, I am trying to model him after the best of historical samurai), Samurai always has a few desperation moves at hand. One of which would be to throw the valuables (and maybe half or more of the food) down the mountainside. Now the ball is in their court. Do they chase after the valuables, or keep fighting? Knowing the bandits, they'll make only one choice. The valuables can be reclaimed later, the food can be rationed while more is found along the trail, the bandits can be tracked. The most important thing right now? Getting the convoy to it's destination and out of harm's way, with all of its crew alive and safe.

Hope that answers your question. I am trying to keep things generalized right now. I go into way more specific details when I am actually RPing.  :squee:

I hesitate using the word Zen in a My Little Pony universe, because Zen is linked to Buddhism, and I hate to entertain religion in a universe that doesn't necessarily have any or need any.

Okay, as a staff member who actually reviews EqE for EXACTLY that reason, you have officially wowed me.  I vote yes

(Liked the rest of it too, though I was simply looking for a general description of one; not actually your OC, just the scene.  It's fine, though - the rest of your answer, to my question and Trotter's, told me what I wanted to know.)

• Brohoof 1

Okay, as a staff member who actually reviews EqE for EXACTLY that reason, you have officially wowed me.  I vote yes

(Liked the rest of it too, though I was simply looking for a general description of one; not actually your OC, just the scene.  It's fine, though - the rest of your answer, to my question and Trotter's, told me what I wanted to know.)

Ah. I misunderstood. Silly me.  :lol: Well, in Japon, the more luxurious and high end homes are built a little different than the western idea of a home. While a back and front yard may be present; the garden is usually placed in the center of the house. In fact, houses are usually built around the garden itself so that the garden can be a focal point. Each garden can be different depending on what the owners want. There could be fountain, koi pond, various different kinds of plants (such as bonsai trees and such), or even a rock & sand garden. I don't think you'll find many that have an actual cherry blossom tree in the garden, but anything is possible.

Edited by Samurai Equine

@Samurai Equine 

Samurai would have no problem fending off the majority of these combatants.

This may be but as the convoy itself was surrounded so trying to get 6 to fight you at once would be very difficult without getting some civilians in the way...(being a relatively large group)

furthermore Samurai doesn't actually use or carry a sword regularly since his horn tends to be enough of a sword for him to use.

Now I find this one very odd as I was under the impression that all "Samurai" always carry two swords (a Katana and a shorter one I can't remember the name of) everywhere they go as it was a sign of honor and that they will help those in need? (and they considered it as valuable as there own life, which is why it was added specifically to the scenario) 

However! On the grounds that Samurai has still been underestimated

They may have but never underestimate your own enemy...as some of the most famous Ronin (Masterless or dishonored Samurai) turn into mercenary and bandit's though not many it is the job of a samurai to show respect to all especially thy enemy as you know not of what they are capable of.

Samurai always has a few desperation moves at hand. One of which would be to throw the valuables

Now this is what I was looking for when I give you the scenario...A creative solution that can possibly put you in a more favorable position without making a obvious decisions yet ‡)

This may be but as the convoy itself was surrounded so trying to get 6 to fight you at once would be very difficult without getting some civilians in the way...(being a relatively large group)

Now I find this one very odd as I was under the impression that all "Samurai" always carry two swords (a Katana and a shorter one I can't remember the name of) everywhere they go as it was a sign of honor and that they will help those in need? (and they considered it as valuable as there own life, which is why it was added specifically to the scenario) 

They may have but never underestimate your own enemy...as some of the most famous Ronin (Masterless or dishonored Samurai) turn into mercenary and bandit's though not many it is the job of a samurai to show respect to all especially thy enemy as you know not of what they are capable of.

Remember how I mentioned adjustments?

I always thought weapons don't have that much place in the MLP universe (though I guess it can be argued the other way). Making Samurai's horn act like a sword is one of those adjustments I insisted on. The idea is there but it fits a kid friendly atmosphere. Historical samurai have also killed many of their enemies, but I try to avoid that unless the one hosting the RP wants something darker. If he can, Samurai Equine will use non-lethal methods to scare his enemies away. Think of most fire types in the Pokemon anime. You can get burned, charred, and badly hurt; but you probably won't die from the attacks. If he ever wields a sword (which he is also trained for), it's because he earned it from someone or somepony else. For example, maybe he is protecting a village of Breezies, and they give him a sword that the village has forged. He might use that to defeat whatever evil is haunting the Breezies. Samurai Equine is the kind of stallion who builds bonds with others and really likes that kind of sentimentality.

As for a more specific example of Samurai's fighting prowess... I mentioned he is athletic and agile, even with armor on. He might find a way to distract them, maybe slowly take out a piece of gold, only to throw it in one of the bandit's face! Using that distraction, he would leap over the convoy, grab one of the charging bandits, and throw him into 2 of the others. From there, he would switch to physical and magical combat while keeping his surroundings in mind. With one of his limited number of spells, he can make his horn rapidly extend and retract, allowing him to stab and pierce enemies from a distance away (think of Goku's Power Pole from Dragon Ball). With his fire magic, he can leave enemies stunned with severe burns. He might even combine some of his magical attacks, turning his fire into projectiles that hit enemies from a distance. As I mentioned, Samurai is kind of a dynamo in this regard.

Also, keep in mind that most samurai became ronin during the turn of the century when Japan started opening it's boarders, changing the way the government rules the land, and changing the laws so that it was practically illegal to be a samurai. With the warrior class out of a job and no longer in favor with the Emperor, they had to find a job by any means. Some became bandits out of desperation, some tried to assimilate and work for the government without swords, some hid their samurai past and tried to live normal lives... It was not a good time to be a samurai, and that's not the era I am using to model my character after.  :rarity:

I always thought weapons don't have that much place in the MLP universe

That is a fair point but remember that the point of this RP is to make a sword..

As for a more specific example of Samurai's fighting prowess... I mentioned he is athletic and agile, even with armor on.

You are a fine warrior by the sound's of it but i'm trying to say that every bandit is also a person with there own talents and may be as skilled or more skilled then you. even if it is unlikely it's not a risk you can take in a situation that involves civilians like this. I mean did you ever wander why such a small group need's that much food when there only a week an a half away from a town! (think about it. what situation can you think of where they would need so much?) 

Historical samurai have also killed many of their enemies, but I try to avoid that unless the one hosting the RP wants something darker.

This is likely to be a more gritty and realistic RP and we do not plan for anyone to die but if the situation get's bad enough it could happen (even to main characters or us)

But as long as you try and keep you actions believable in a real would scenario (despite it being Equestria) you can have my vote (sorta like the fights from the last Samurai or Gladiator movies and less like Naruto,Bleach,One Punch Man etc)