Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc The Search for the Sword (Closed)

Gatekeeper Giggle

(edited)

@@Samurai Equine@@Trottermare Galamane

By my reckoning, Galamane, Randimaxis, and I have all said you can join, which means you're in!  :D Feel free to start posting whenever you feel like it.

For your first post, I'd recommend... Going to see Caster Forge'Iron about repairing one of your swords.  :twi:

if you have another first post you'd rather make, just tell me! 

@@DwhitetheGamer,

Seems like you've done everything necessary to get accepted too, Dwhite! 

For your first post, I recommend you being in the middle of a race! You're neck and neck with a pony who's shown remarkable sportsmanship and skill. However, just behind both of you is a pony widely suspected to be a cheater, and he's doing his best to get past both of you...

If you have something else in mind, just tell me!

@@DwhitetheGamer,

I fear there has been some sort of horrible misunderstanding. :wacko: Your first post was way off what I intended for this RP, and I can't help but feel this is my fault for not  explaining things more clearly.  :(​  Allow me to tell you what I mean:

First off, you're not supposed to control anypony except for your own OC. Which means you can't control the actions of Twilight, or your racing partner. As DM that's my job, I'm the one who controls the actions of the various ponies of Equestria so that your OC may interact with them.

Secondly, your OC shouldn't have any notion that something is off in Equestria. Your OC has not seen anything even remotely nefarious yet, and as far as I can tell from the character sheet you provided your OC does not possess any sort of Spidey/Pinkie Scene that would alert you to any danger or evil intent in such a manner. In fact, even if Copper DID have some means of detecting danger or evil intent, it still wouldn't alert you to anything. Mostly because absolutely nothing evil/dangerous has happened yet in the RP. None of the villains have even done anything evil yet or endangered any lives. Also, if Copper did have a way of magically detecting danger or evil intent, it would probobly also let him know that going to either Twilight or Celestia and telling them something was wrong would be very, very dangerous for Copper. Take that as you will. 

Third, you can't automatically succeed in doing anything you want. If you could, the RP would be boring. You could just automatically defeat any obstacle in your way with minimal effort, and there would be no sense of drama or action at all. Instead you attempt to do things, and I tell you how they work out. For example, instead of just saying "Copper won the race" you say something like "Copper tries his very best to win the race" and then I inform you what the result of your actions are. 

You'll have to edit your first post and fix these things. I apologize for the inconvenience and for not explaining myself more clearly beforehand.  :sunny: If you have any questions, please ask them and I'll do my best to answer them.

Edited by Robotic Stormgiggle
  • Brohoof 1

You are a fine warrior by the sound's of it but i'm trying to say that every bandit is also a person with there own talents and may be as skilled or more skilled then you. even if it is unlikely it's not a risk you can take in a situation that involves civilians like this. I mean did you ever wander why such a small group need's that much food when there only a week an a half away from a town! (think about it. what situation can you think of where they would need so much?) 

~Snip~

But as long as you try and keep you actions believable in a real would scenario (despite it being Equestria) you can have my vote (sorta like the fights from the last Samurai or Gladiator movies and less like Naruto,Bleach,One Punch Man etc) 

I don't doubt there are other characters who could beat my character in battle. I allow plenty of lee way for that to happen without making him too weak. But you do prove a point I wasn't thinking about, the bandit's motivation. I guess in my OC's defense, diplomacy is not his strongest suit (that'd be like asking Rainbow Dash to be negotiator). He can sometimes get tunnel vision and focus only on what is most important. Talking reason with a foe usually doesn't come until after they have surrendered, provided they haven't run away. Samurai likes to help everyone, but like any character, he has faults. Sometimes he charges in without thinking the situation through completely. Sometimes he has to be inspired or challenged by others to change the way he handles a situation.  :twi: Hope that has been enough to earn your approval.

And sorry for not posting any sooner. Been a little busy for the past few days.

Edited by Samurai Equine

Hope that has been enough to earn your approval.

Actually that is exactly what I was looking for haha I like to know that people know both the strengths and weaknesses of there characters to a point where they can act accordingly ¦)

And I already said you had my vote as long as you don't go over the top with what your character can do which I think means you in ‡D

By my reckoning, Galamane, Randimaxis, and I have all said you can join, which means you're in!  :D Feel free to start posting whenever you feel like it.

For your first post, I'd recommend... Going to see Caster Forge'Iron about repairing one of your swords.  :twi:

Sorry for not responding sooner. Got busy with other things the last few days.  :)

Forgive me for asking, but who is Caster Forge'Iron? I want to get started, but like I said, my OC doesn't actually own any swords himself. He might visit Caster to get his armor fixed, but if he is not located in Japon, how would he know about him? I hope I'm not asking for too much direction.  :adorkable: I'll go ahead and make a first post, but if I need to change it, I'll go ahead and edit it.

Forgive me for asking, but who is Caster Forge'Iron? I want to get started, but like I said, my OC doesn't actually own any swords himself. He might visit Caster to get his armor fixed, but if he is not located in Japon, how would he know about him? I hope I'm not asking for too much direction.   I'll go ahead and make a first post, but if I need to change it, I'll go ahead and edit it.

Caster Forge'Iron is the OC i'm going to be using haha (the guy on my profile pic) he's not in japon though?? of course he could be visiting as he's not in the story yet. also ask for as much direction as you need though I don't think Equestria has mobile phones?? I may be wrong but it would leave spikes job a bit redundant. 

Caster Forge'Iron is the OC i'm going to be using haha (the guy on my profile pic) he's not in japon though?? of course he could be visiting as he's not in the story yet. also ask for as much direction as you need though I don't think Equestria has mobile phones?? I may be wrong but it would leave spikes job a bit redundant. 

It's just a very minor plot device. Other archeologists and scientists can contact each other through letters and traditional means.

I tend to write Japon as a mix of modern and feudal era Japan. And since Japan can often be ahead of the curve with technology, I thought phones might fit just for Japon. But I can write it out completely, if you like.  :fluttershy:

I tend to write Japon as a mix of modern and feudal era Japan. And since Japan can often be ahead of the curve with technology, I thought phones might fit just for Japon. But I can write it out completely, if you like. 

I don't mind that much but it might make it a bit easy? So I hereby ask , what he has to say about the situation? as i'm not quite sure how it will affect the story...

I don't mind that much but it might make it a bit easy? So I hereby ask , what he has to say about the situation? as i'm not quite sure how it will affect the story...

No need. I'll just edit. I don't want this to be point of contention. I prefer to play by other people's preferences when the RP isn't mine.  :proud:

Hey guys! I've been pretty busy as of late, but now I'm back, and I'll be posting at least every 1-2 days!  :grin:

No need. I'll just edit. I don't want this to be point of contention. I prefer to play by other people's preferences when the RP isn't mine.  :proud:

Yeah, mobile phones might be a bit much. I want to keep this as close to cannon Equestria as I can, at least form the very beginning. But mobile phones my very well get introduced later in!

Yeah, sorry.  I've been extremely busy with other things as of late.  I can try and start posting again, if you want to get back into it.

I know what you mean I have had no time to do anything lately and haven't really been posting on here either ¦S 

• 2 weeks later...

@@Gatekeeper Giggle@@Trottermare Galamane@@Samurai Equine@@Randimaxis,

So are we calling this role play dead now?

Sorry for the late reply. Distractions these days...

If everyone agrees to end it, then I'll understand. I thought the story was awesome, and I'd be sorry to see it die just as it's getting started. But regardless of what happens, I wish everyone well.  :)

• 1 month later...