Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Best Video Game Soundtracks

Discordian

I love a lot of video game music, so narrowing it down to just three tracks is really hard. However, I'll do my best. The first one is from the original Sonic the Hedgehog, and the second is from Final Fantasy VII. The third is simply one of the most satisfying sounds in any video game, in my opinion.

• Brohoof 2

For the most epic of turnabouts, this song is a must

Just hearing that song makes me want to scream out "OBJECTION!" 

And then we have Gourmet race. I mostly talking about the first song featured in this video which is the more well known one (and for good reason)

• Brohoof 1

Other than that, it's the songs from Unreal Tournament. This is among one of them.

And not to forget, the ones from Castlevania.

And I thought I was the only one here who likes both UT and Castlevania :D In my opinion Castlevania has the best soundtrack in gaming.

And this amazing guitar medley:

here's a trippy theme from Earthbound

I've found the sound tracks to Wrath of the Lich King and Mists of Pandaria to be really awesome...and it's hard to choose which one to highlight, but I find this one is really good.

One can never go wrong with any track from Final Fantasy VI, but here's my personal favorite track:

And like I even need to say it, practically every track from every classic Mega Man game ever made is highly recommended. Another personal favorite:

Also, shout out to Koichi Sugiyama being a badass, directing a symphony to perform the character themes from the classic game, Dragon Warrior IV.

More tracks for the thread

This game was awesome!!

Skip to 0:53,theme starts

Never played no more heroes,but this an awesome track!!

I will post more!!

Brohoof!!

/)

• Brohoof 1

Well my favorite video game soundtrack besides Batman: Arkham City's soundtrack would have to be the good old Smackdown vs. Raw 2007 soundtrack. Here is one of the songs from the soundtrack.

hearing this, makes me want to play Kingdom Hearts again...but the first one, rather than the 2nd...nothing against it...I just found the Reaction Commands to be a pain to do sometimes.

First thing that comes to mind is Halo. I like all the soundtracks of the series really. Te music choice of the recent Fallout games is pretty good, as it fits the games so well. I also really like the soundtrack of world of goo and little inferno, which was a pleasant surprise.

Oh, and I can't forget Conker's Bad Fur Day. Pity that rareware went downhill.

Edited by Xander
  • Brohoof 1

Like Xander, I choose Halo. But instead of opinion, it's a fact xD.

Jokes aside. Marty O'Donnell is one of the most talented current gaming composers in the world I believe, his ability to create an atmosphere out of an idea is unparalleled. And his way of creating emotion throughout a game is beyond impressive. Even when changing theme style in each of the games he's composed for, each album/sound track has found a way to be one of the best of all time.

I think that Call of Duty has an amazing soundtrack, specially MW2 and MW3. Here are some tracks of each one.

And i also love the Max Payne soundtrack. 

(edited)

Alright i am asking once again: WHY MY TOPIC WAS MOVED TO THIS AS A POST? I did not asked to post video games i asked "Classic Games" such as: Zelda, Raptor: Call of the shadows ((first version" PS1 games etc... Game music where you cannot add the present day or such a later new versions or Starcraft II kinda new created game music.

Its just is so unfair. Our topics are NOT SAME.

Edited by Thunderlight

No song on earth can beat Guile's theme from Street Fighter 2! Everytime I hear it, I get hit with a nostalgia bomb. Also, I always choose Guile when I play street fighter, mainly because of the theme song when I win, but he is also easy to control and powerful!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDYQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DIof5pRAIZmw&ei=0jqBUe34G8KVygGjyoGoBA&usg=AFQjCNE9d1HQ1US99OL5lLQqxEdGT6KeDA&bvm=bv.45921128,d.aWc

• Brohoof 1

There are quite some SOundtracks that i like, but i'll post the one i think i grown to love the earliest.

So here you go : Terra's Theme of FF III (Or VI in Japan)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's a classic sonic song, but it's so elusive and calming, everybody likes this song in the game!

Another would have to be the ceadus battle in monster hunter 3 ultimate, it's so epic and visually orchestrated!

Edited by DXSilverX
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Haven't played through this level yet, but I just love this particular track. Handy thing about most Saturn games is that all the music is stored in a second, Redbook CD Session, so it can be ripped just like a normal CD.

Edited by Paspie

How could I forget to mention Blaze Heatnix's stage theme from Mega Man X6? It may not be one of the better games in the X series, but it's definitely one of the best tracks in ANY Mega Man title: